PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eric Bieniemy - If you were him, where would you want to coach?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which HC job should Eric Bieniemy take?

• Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chargers

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Falcons

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Texans

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Jags

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Jetes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Reasonable to assume the Holy Father Easterby was scared off by Bieniemy's many past arrests involving booze, cars, women, and violence plus the recruiting scandal he was linked to while he was an assistant coach at his alma mater Colorado
Notable that he was banned from his alma mater for 1 year and Cincy passed on him as a HC years back despite being a former player there.
All many years ago

Tough call for an owner hiring a HC/face of your multibillion dollar organization
Having players love and respect you is only part of the formula, you need an owner to trust you as well

Very curious about the Atlanta report....What goes down in a "bad interview"?
Does the owner try to test an applicant's temperament like during a combine interview...."So Eric, what else did you do besides choreograph Andy Reid's designed plays"?

maybe bienemy got upset when they asked him about his rather lengthy criminal record and history of poor decisions!

I find the Falcons intriguing. Matt Ryan or 1st round rookie would be decent to work with. Brees and Brady will both retire sooner than later. And the owner has shown patience in giving coaches a chance while rebuilding.

Texans as well but they seem like drama central at the moment which makes me a little sour on them.

no idea what you are talking about.

supposedly Meyers exploring opportunity to coach Jacksonville next season.
I was rolling with the puns. disregard & carry on.

maybe bienemy got upset when they asked him about his rather lengthy criminal record and history of poor decisions!
His "lengthy criminal record" is the following:
- Failure to appear for court date
- Leaving the scene of an accident (no one was hurt and he had already exchanged information and he called the police about the incident from home).
- Speeding on a suspended license.
- "Interferring" with the fire department because he wanted to show them that the fire was in a trash bag and not an electrical fire like they were claiming.
- DUI in 2001.

Hasn't had issues since 2001

I know for a fact that the police never showed up to 2 accidents I was in. They typically don't if the accident doesn't stop traffic. Should you lose your business because of some stupidity that you did while you were in College?

Chargers are the most appealing choice to me, but head coaching job in the NFL have a short expiration date most of the time. He gets paid really well as the O Coord for the Chiefs...i would stay there and ride Mahomes as far as he can take me which, by all accounts and barring a career injury, is a very long time. Andy Reid is not young, so maybe hang out in KC and see if he retires...coach in waiting.

Chargers are the most appealing choice to me, but head coaching job in the NFL have a short expiration date most of the time. He gets paid really well as the O Coord for the Chiefs...i would stay there and ride Mahomes as far as he can take me which, by all accounts and barring a career injury, is a very long time. Andy Reid is not young, so maybe hang out in KC and see if he retires...coach in waiting.
If I’m Bienemy I’m jumping to the Chargers Job.

I chose other but I'd say Houston is the best place to be, if I had a gun to my head. It's a division full of small markets except for Houston and with Caserio there, they are going to manage to cap well and give the coach enough stability to install the #1 thing any team needs: consistency year-to-year.

Houston is a dumpster fire with Easterby pulling the strings. They don't have draft picks because of dumb trades and your QB wants out of the city.

I'd stay away from Houston and the Jets.

Chargers is probably the best job with all the talent including a rookie QB who's shown he's a legit franchise QB. Jax is next given they'll get a QB who has all the tools to be a franchise QB who you can develop.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back