PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Dolphins expected to cut Tannehill

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are among the minority here that think that we need a quarterback or a backup> For most Brady is playing forever, as is his backup Hoyer. Until Brady retires, we don't need to even think of a quarterback.
I don't believe Hoyer could win a game if the unthinkable happens.
I can't be the only one who feels the position could be improved.

Foles, Flacco, Bortles, Keenum (probably), Tyrod Taylor, and Teddy Bridgewater will all be available. I'm sure Flores would rather start his head coaching career with a QB of his choice rather than sticking with washed up Tannehill.

I liked Tannehill as a middling QB. He could give you what Alex Smith gave the Chiefs.

Available starting jobs are limited, even at the edges. I wonder how much cannibalizing there will be, as opposed to just guys getting brought in as backups.

Dolphins
Bengals
Jaguars
Broncos
Giants
Redskins

seem to be about it as far as teams possibly looking to move on, and even a couple of those are either inherently dubious or dependent upon the team's interest in adding a QB via the draft.

Never got why they kept him so long. A career 62.5 completion percentage, 123 touchdowns, 75 picks, and an 87 rating.

Those numbers would be good, in the 70's. He has the benefit of playing in this soft, protected era for QBs and puts up those numbers?

I don’t know ..Tannehill throws 1.65TDs per INT. Eli throws 1.5TDs per INT (360 to 239), with a career 84.1 QB rating. Maybe Tannehill is HOF worthy as well. #sarcasm

Sign the beast to play wide receiver!o_O

I wonder what failed QB we'll be talking about the Dolphins cutting in about 4-5 years, most likely with whoever takes over after Flores is fired in ~3 years.

The jets need to sign Tannehill and keep the gase- Tannehill dream team together.

Tannehill's wife is hot.

i am not as down on Hoyer as yall

I think he's been the best QB the browns had in the last 20 years prior to this years Baker...

i think with confidence and a good system he can do similarly to how Matt played for us

"the losing figures to be organic"

WTF does that mean?

i am not as down on Hoyer as yall

I think he's been the best QB the browns had in the last 20 years prior to this years Baker...
Derek Anderson, Trent Dilfer, Jake Delhomme, Colt McCoy, hell—even Kelly Holcomb threw for 429 yards with 3 TDs and a pick in a postseason game.

I don’t know where Hoyer fits in there, but I’m not sure that he’d be ahead of more than one or two of these guys. He’s a good enough backup here, though, due to knowing the system.

I wonder what failed QB we'll be talking about the Dolphins cutting in about 4-5 years, most likely with whoever takes over after Flores is fired in ~3 years.
Agreed.
Sorry not sorry, but I really hope that Flores fails miserably as LOLphins HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes