PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Dolphins expected to cut Tannehill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get it, but nothing the fins do makes any sense

The funny thing is as inconsistent that he's played, some team will pay him Kirk Cousins style money.

I think its more likely he supports the decision to do just that given his experience scheming (as DC and part of Patricias gang) against Tannehill.
One would hope he was consulted otherwise that's a pretty big bomb to drop on someone you haven't hired yet. I assume they did.

They are in the Foles sweepstakes.
They could land him it's between them Jack and Denver

I'm going to miss Tannehill. Who else has the ability to consistently receive bad snaps that fly past them in crucial moments?

Not a bad decision for a team looking long term. It’ll probably be a downgrade to the position and hurt them in 2019 - which may be exactly what they want. In turn they save $51 million of cap space over the next 2 years in exchange for swallowing a $13 million cap hit right away.

If I’m a Dolphin fan, I like the move.

Im intrigued by a reclamation project in Tannenhill or Bortles as a potential backup learn in New England.
Im thinking we could land Bortles cheaply.
If we want him.
Tannehill always played well against us.
Thats worth something.

Never got why they kept him so long. A career 62.5 completion percentage, 123 touchdowns, 75 picks, and an 87 rating.

Those numbers would be good, in the 70's. He has the benefit of playing in this soft, protected era for QBs and puts up those numbers?

Never got why they kept him so long. A career 62.5 completion percentage, 123 touchdowns, 75 picks, and an 87 rating.

Those numbers would be good, in the 70's. He has the benefit of playing in this soft, protected era for QBs and puts up those numbers?
They were good in the 80s and 90s too

Im intrigued by a reclamation project in Tannenhill or Bortles as a potential backup learn in New England.
If we want him.
Thats worth something.
Tanny vs us has been mixed

When one is "tanking for Tua" even a mediocre QB is too good.

If we want him.
Thats worth something.

But then you go on calling Hoyer awful. The grass is always greener.

You are among the minority here that think that we need a quarterback or a backup> For most Brady is playing forever, as is his backup Hoyer. Until Brady retires, we don't need to even think of a quarterback.

If we want him.
Thats worth something.

Brian Hoyer, your starting quarterback for your 2019 Miami Dolphins.

Tannehill got his knee situation handled pretty badly, it seems like it's a mess right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye