PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Did the Bucs SB loss Break Patrick Mahomes?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Did the Bucs SB loss Break Patrick Mahomes?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 40.7%
  • It's more his family

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • It's Andy Reid

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • He is rebelling against the worst fanbase in all of sports

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 24 26.4%

• Total voters
Moss in 2009 stopped giving a damn midway through the season.

And your point?
He rode excellent teams.

‘03: lowest points allowed in league.
‘04: second lowest

‘14: Malcolm butler (who failed on that same play but was coached up by guess who), still 7th

‘16: lowest in league

‘18: won a sb on defense, one of lowest scoring games ever. 6th in league.

He rode good teams.

Parcels deserves some credit too.

He rode excellent teams.

‘03: lowest points allowed in league.
‘04: second lowest

‘14: Malcolm butler (who failed on that same play but was coached up by guess who), still 7th

‘16: lowest in league

‘18: won a sb on defense, one of lowest scoring games ever. 6th in league.

He rode good teams.

Parcels deserves some credit too.
Ok. Teams that win the Super Bowl are usually “good teams”. Brady made plays when he had to and he did it with a lot of non pro bowl players. Many times

I explained my reasoning above. Feel free to disagree with it, but it's just my opinion on the topic.

I'm actually a co-GOAT too. Not only have I never lost a Super Bowl, I've never thrown an incomplete pass, let alone an interception, in the postseason.

Ok. Teams that win the Super Bowl are usually “good teams”. Brady made plays when he had to and he did it with a lot of non pro bowl players. Many times
What’s your point?

And btw… I’ve heard it 10000000000 times that teams that win the sb “ have the right clutch gene (the gene thing is extremely problematic but that’s for another discussion) talented frontman qb” more than good personnel all around, spread correctly and at the most opportune time given a team’s division, conference, league, etc. Don’t gaslight on your dependence on a qb for success cause there’s a billion posts blaming cam for 7-9, praising Brady for 12-4, or Mac for 10-7 when the front seven, ol, rb corps have varied.

Put Justin Herbert, Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning, Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Steve Young with the goat hc/staff/ownership combo and #1 defense… statistically speaking they do the same thing at a similar rate.

Staffords one game away from it right now. He go on your pantheon of quarterbacks?

Religiosity. Is what it is with the Brady stuff.

He’s the white Muhammad Ali. And he’s ****in weird I’m sorry.

Everything seems branded and he gives me this… Mormon-like, opportunistic, crazy-gilded-with-political-correctness-for-moneys-sake vibe.

But not like smart crazy.

Like a low-iq, surrounded by smart marketing ppl vibe.

Last edited:
I had a response here, but after I posted it I read your other posts which confirmed my earlier take that it's not worth the time it takes to argue with you. You're a zealous Brady hater. Just lead with that next time.
Agree. He is a waste of time.

Im sure Brady was active in researching health information which led him to Guerrero. He was also smart enough to ignore mainstream medical advice and seek alternatives. I bet Montana was like most players chugging beer and inhaling fried chicken. Brady earned a longer career and that made him the GOAT over Montana.
Willie McGuinest referred Tom to Alex G.

Im sure Brady was active in researching health information which led him to Guerrero. He was also smart enough to ignore mainstream medical advice and seek alternatives. I bet Montana was like most players chugging beer and inhaling fried chicken. Brady earned a longer career and that made him the GOAT over Montana.

No one is saying Brady didn't earn his longevity, but athletes and teams know much more about nutrition today than they did in the 80s. The kind of foods that Brady eats (avocado ice cream, etc) didn't even exist back then. And certainly pliability wasn't a thing yet.

Willie McGinest led Brady to Guerrero.

There should be an unwritten rule on message boards that you don’t start a thread based upon something some idiot said an another message board. It’s just doubling down on stupid.

I had a response here, but after I posted it I read your other posts which confirmed my earlier take that it's not worth the time it takes to argue with you. You're a zealous Brady hater. Just lead with that next time.
But it’s worth the time to say it’s not worth the time.

And there’s that religiosity I’m talking about. Can’t have a nuanced take. Either slobber on the man or you’re a hater.

Last edited:
In some ways I think it’s Reid’s scheme wearing in on him.
Reid has always been a check down take the short throw coach. Donovan McNab almost never threw the ball 10 yards down the field, it was 3 steps, throw. Same with A Smith.
Mahomes is a big play mentality and early in his career he would improvise. As he spends more time with Reid and understands the system and carries it out, he is adopting the philosophy against his nature. When things aren’t going well, he reverts to instincts and forces the ball down the field.

His air yards per attempt has drop from 9.1 to 8.8 to 8.4 to 7.3.
That’s more than 1000 fewer air yards now than year 1. When you consider every NFL offense has roughly 75% of their passing game as screens, quick slants, short out, timing throws that is a tremendous change on the remaining 25%.

How can you possibly justify that.

Re-read what I wrote above. You'll see what I am talking about. It's fine to disagree with me.

No one is saying Brady didn't earn his longevity, but athletes and teams know much more about nutrition today than they did in the 80s. The kind of foods that Brady eats (avocado ice cream, etc) didn't even exist back then. And certainly pliability wasn't a thing yet.
Excellent point. As much as folks rip on the TB12 method, hard to argue with the results. What Brady introduced into the NFL was revolutionary in terms of a plant based diet and resistant band training vs iron. I really hope to see more break throughs in the future as more information is gained and applied.

Re-read what I wrote above. You'll see what I am talking about. It's fine to disagree with me.
I do not see what you are talking about in the least.
Please clarify. In what ways was Montana superior to Brady.

Excellent point. As much as folks rip on the TB12 method, hard to argue with the results. What Brady introduced into the NFL was revolutionary in terms of a plant based diet and resistant band training vs iron. I really hope to see more break throughs in the future as more information is gained and applied.
I'm one skeptical of Alex G and think of him as a fraud but I admit that some portion of what TFB did to extend his health may well merit outside accepted medicine. This is how science sometimes progresses, if it is not censored.
The big problem is separating what really helped vs the voodoo.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back