PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Coaching firings around the league

Could be worth an interview to see what kind of knowledge of EP he got.
Needs to stand in line behind Brian Flores and all the other minority DCs interviewing for the OC position.

I love how the Chargers are firing everyone but the person responsible for 7 rushing attempts in the 2nd half with a 20 point lead.
It's funny who stays and who goes in these situations.

Lots of "fall guys" being selected, to protect head coaches who have shown their own deep flaws.

I'm thinking of Todd Blowes in Tampa, "Mr. Clean" Saleh in NY, and of course Staley.

I love how the Chargers are firing everyone but the person responsible for 7 rushing attempts in the 2nd half with a 20 point lead.
They fired the OC

It's funny who stays and who goes in these situations.

Lots of "fall guys" being selected, to protect head coaches who have shown their own deep flaws.

I'm thinking of Todd Blowes in Tampa, "Mr. Clean" Saleh in NY, and of course Staley.
Belichick is another one. He's shown deep flaws the last three seasons. Of course he does have those 6 SBs that keeps him in for as long as Kraft is willing to put up w/ mediocre results from the $25M/yr HC.

Yeah, the head coach has the ability to tell the OC "run the ****ing ball".
So the HC should be fired when anything goes wrong? Because he has the ability to tell everyone to do a better job.

So the HC should be fired when anything goes wrong? Because he has the ability to tell everyone to do a better job.
Not telling your offensive coordinator to only call running plays, and to milk the clock, when you're up by 20 in the 2nd half? That's not 'anything going wrong', that's basic game and situational awareness, and that's something that, yes, the head coach is solely responsible for.

Unless the HC tells the OC to alter his playcalling, he's not going to.

Not telling your offensive coordinator to only call running plays, and to milk the clock, when you're up by 20 in the 2nd half? That's not 'anything going wrong', that's basic game and situational awareness, and that's something that, yes, the head coach is solely responsible for.

The OC should know situational football, and say to the HC that they are going to start managing the clock. Hell, our HS team has a call: 'chew'. The boys know that the QB isn't going to snap it until the back judge indicates less than 10 seconds on the play clock. That should have been discussed at halftime, and, to your point, it's on the HC to make that happen. The OC should know, too, unless he was told to do it and didn't.

Only calling running plays wouldn’t have guaranteed a win.

The guy calling plays should know how to call plays. He has been fired.

Only calling running plays wouldn’t have guaranteed a win.

The guy calling plays should know how to call plays. He has been fired.
He was not fired. Staley is the play caller.

So im curious though. Which plays are you talking about?

They had 4 drives. The first was the start of the half. Surely that’s not take a knee time, and at this point you aren’t expecting your defense to allow TDs every time they take the field.
The second was a 7 play drive to a FG that out them up 30-14
The 3rd was a 14 play 6:58 drive including 5 runs (4 by rbs for just 12 yards) and resulted in a missed FG. I don’t think more runs in this drive changes the game.
The last was a 3 okay drive with 3 passes, but none were incomplete and the clock never stopped. So running the ball wouldn’t have changed the clock.

I’d say the defense going out for 5 drives starting with a 27-7 lead and allowing 4 TDs and a game winning FG that probably was a TD if time wasn’t running out, as well as committing a stupid penalty that gave them a 2 pt conversion and win instead of tie has a lot more to do with losing than not calling running plays
But that’s my opinion, in yours which pass calls are you saying was the primary reason they lost?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back