PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chargers Moving to Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score

Already reports on Twitter that the team will play their first season in LA at the 27,000 seat Stub Hub Center.

I mean, shouldn't LA show they can support one NFL team before they get another?

rams-2.png

$650 million relocation fee, of course it got approved. Raiders up next. The other owners will make an extra $40-50 million in relocation fees alone this year.

Yeah, the Rams really boosted the bottom line out there in LA. Dumb NFL...

I applaud the people of San Diego saying no to handouts to the corrupt 32. More cities need to follow in the footsteps of San Diego.

Congrats San Diego! You did the right thing! I salute you!

I agree with this point of view, but it's still a damned shame the team is leaving.

The LA market may be huge but most of them are transplants and its not a huge NFL market.. I don't understand why you would want multiple teams there. In SD's case the owner wanted public funding for a new Stadium in SD, they got less than half the vote and apparently chargers fans aren't that great.

I think its pretty ****ty for billionare owners to ask the public to help them pay for a stadium. Thats like totally taking advantage of people. It got 43% of the vote which is actually pretty damn high, but for that kind of public funding SD residents needed a 75% vote in favor of the 650 million.

Sucks for SD, but at the same time, Qualcomm wasn't exactly selling out consistently either

This really sucks! I really enjoyed visiting SD for Pats road games.

Did they wind up in that sh*thole Inglewood?

to me this seems like when the Pats wanted to move to CT, but granted im from CT so maybe you massholes were a lot more upset
There was also an attempt to move to St Louis.

The games in SD were unwatchable, this team is a total dumpster fire and Rivers is 3 times more choker than Tony Romo and no one calls him for that.

What a bunch of money grubbing corporate welfare queens. So the Chargers have enough money for a $650 million relocation fee but not enough to build their own stadium without gorging themselves on public money? The NFL and Goodell disgust me more and more every day. When Belichick & Brady retire I may join them.

Two teams in LA? They can't even support one! What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft