PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Carr officially released

Right, imagine that duel rushing threat. However, Henry hasn't been as dominant as 2019 and 2020 when he was unstoppable. I'll cut him some slack for 2022 because he was literally their entire offense. Lamar would be a major boost to Henry and the offense.
That's what I'm saying.

I waiting for you to say Mac is better and have all world upside lets' just agree to disagree.
The jury is out on Mac.

2023 is make or break for him.

I'm pretty sure Josh loved Lamar coming out of college and campaigned for the Patriots to draft him.
That is accurate.

Doesn't mean he wants to pay him $45m when he hasn't finished a season healthy in 2 years.

49ers won't take him. Neither will LV.

Jets maybe. Colts. Commanders and Saints maybe.
There's a theory that the Ravens won't trade him in the AFC. In which case, Commanders and Saints look interesting. LJ might make Commanders a lot more competitive in that tough division.

That is accurate.

Doesn't mean he wants to pay him $45m when he hasn't finished a season healthy in 2 years.
Same was said of McCaffery when the 49ers made the move C McCaffrey he made it through last year.

Same was said of McCaffery when the 49ers made the move C McCaffrey he made it through last year.
McCaffrey is 12m per year, Jackson is going to be a truckload more than that.

Not the same.

Besides, McCaffery's signing bonus w CAR didn't carry over to SF plus nothing is guaranteed in future years.

Worst case they cut him. Best case they lower his ~$11m cap hit in 2023 and restructure it. Hes 27 so we'll see.

Cap charges in future years are 1/4 of what LJ is asking. Not comparable.

We think the Titans' offense would be scary with Lamar and Henry. Imagine Lamar with McCaffrey, Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle? Sky's the limit is an understatement.

Not the same.

Besides, McCaffery's signing bonus w CAR didn't carry over to SF plus nothing is guaranteed in future years.

Worst case they cut him. Best case they lower his ~$11m cap hit in 2023 and restructure it. Hes 27 so we'll see.

Cap charges in future years are 1/4 of what LJ is asking. Not comparable.
I get it I was making a statement regarding durability sometimes things go well though a player like Jimmy G can't say that too often.

That is accurate.

Josh was a major disappointment for the Raiders this season. That Meyers lateral may have saved his job. He's got one season to make it right or his head coaching career will be over for good. He absolutely has to get the QB position right and Lamar would be a definite solution imo.

Josh was a major disappointment for the Raiders this season. That Meyers lateral may have saved his job. He's got one season to make it right or his head coaching career will be over for good. He absolutely has to get the QB position right and Lamar would be a definite solution imo.
Or find a way to keep Jimmy G clean by beefing up the interior O-line they have good Offensive Tackles when healthy.

Deshaun Watson set the standard for QB value, I guess, with multiple 1st round picks, so that's what Jackson would cost, but even though I get that good QBs are worth it, it's a franchise killer. I don't see the point in mortgaging your future like this.

Deshaun Watson set the standard for QB value, I guess, with multiple 1st round picks, so that's what Jackson would cost, but even though I get that good QBs are worth it, it's a franchise killer. I don't see the point in mortgaging your future like this.
The contract the Brownstains gave DeShaun is still madness.

Josh is in a tough spot.

He need to move the needle in a seismic -sort of way

Did I miss the news that the Ravens had re-signed Jackson? Last time I looked, he was listed as an unrestricted free agent.
You really think the Ravens would just let him go to FA without being tagged?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back