PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Carr officially released

Yep. Carr has had very good weapons. He's a slightly above average QB. Maybe.
Yes, saw posters saying to go after him.. I'm all set.. I'm all in on Mac this season, I want to see him succeed, because if he plays up to his potential we could be a dangerous team.. this season is very important for Mac and the organization!

So you think another team will decide he's worth it? Who do you think makes the trade for him? Las Vegas? Maybe the Jets?
I want LJ to get paid as he should the guys phenomenal.. however where I feel the mistake he's made is having his mother represent him! Got to separate the emotions and have a real agent represent you!

Yes, saw posters saying to go after him.. I'm all set.. I'm all in on Mac this season, I want to see him succeed, because if he plays up to his potential we could be a dangerous team.. this season is very important for Mac and the organization!
Carr QB here? Absolutely not.

I HATE THAT AD!
[Chorus]
Whopper, Whopper, Whopper, Whopper
Junior, Double, Triple Whopper
Flame-grilled taste with perfect toppers
I rule this day
Lettuce, Mayo, pickle, Ketchup
It's okay if I don't want that
Impossible or bacon Whopper
Any Whopper my way

[Outro]
You rule, you're seizin' the day
At BK, have it your way
(You rule!)

Dak is a better passer. Doubtful Cowboys improve
Per Game Stats

PlayerFromToCmpAttYdsTDINTY/APRAttYdsTD
Lamar Jackson2018202215.123.6174.41.40.57.496.710.463.40.3
Dak Prescott2016202222.533.8257.11.70.77.697.83.616.90.3

Their passing stats are pretty similar and Dak has had much better receivers. Add the running component and Lamar separates significantly. Lamar in that Cowboys offense probably would be ridiculously good.

Wherever Carr goes kid has a boulder on his shoulder he will ball out.

He might ball out but he'll keep making the same mistakes he did when he first came in as well as continue to be inconsistent. Can't hold that against him though- he never really had a good QB coach or a good coach for that matter, and was in and out of different systems. Think he had a total of 6 HCs.

So you think another team will decide he's worth it? Who do you think makes the trade for him? Las Vegas? Maybe the Jets?
Yes and possible trade partners for Lamar:

Raiders
Jets
Dolphins
Titans
Colts
Commanders
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
49ers

That's 10 teams and you can add the Patriots as a dark horse if you want to daydream.

[Chorus]
Whopper, Whopper, Whopper, Whopper
Junior, Double, Triple Whopper
Flame-grilled taste with perfect toppers
I rule this day
Lettuce, Mayo, pickle, Ketchup
It's okay if I don't want that
Impossible or bacon Whopper
Any Whopper my way

[Outro]
You rule, you're seizin' the day
At BK, have it your way
(You rule!)
Stop that immediately.

Per Game Stats

PlayerFromToCmpAttYdsTDINTY/APRAttYdsTD
Lamar Jackson2018202215.123.6174.41.40.57.496.710.463.40.3
Dak Prescott2016202222.533.8257.11.70.77.697.83.616.90.3

Their passing stats are pretty similar and Dak has had much better receivers. Add the running component and Lamar separates significantly. Lamar in that Cowboys offense probably would be ridiculously good.
Love how you assume Jackson would have better numbers just because he has better receivers. Big assumption on your end.

Sometimes a QB isn't good enough to take advantage of them.

Yes and possible trade partners for Lamar:

Raiders
Jets
Dolphins
Titans
Colts
Commanders
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
49ers

That's 10 teams and you can add the Patriots as a dark horse if you want to daydream.
Ok let's stop giving these Teams ideas Lamar Jackson and D Henry would make Tennessee difficult to stop.

This was interesting:
The Bucs are in cap hell. They would have to cut half their team to make it work and they already were a pile of rumble this season.

I assume Detroit will roll with Goff. He's coming off a very good season and overall he's probably better than most people think. The Lions are building a really solid roster of skill position players too. And Jameson Williams is basically having his rookie season next year.

Love how you assume Jackson would have better numbers just because he has better receivers. Big assumption on your end.

Rob I don't think Lamar Jackson is as bad as you're making him out to be even the Great BB have problems scheming against him. Lamar Jackson is not even in prime we know coming out he had to work on his passing that said I still love his upside.

We have already established an understanding that we don't agree on Lamar. So that's that. But I'll be excited to see him with (hopefully) a new team next season. I would love for the 49ers to take a run at him but the Raiders and Jets are more likely (along with a few other teams).

I’m reading the Bears could be shopping Fields cause they really like Stroud.
Every Team is looking for that potential guy got to take em if you're in position.

Rob I don't think Lamar Jackson is as bad as you're making him out to be
What i'm doing is making him out to be not as good as you think he is.
even the Great BB have problems scheming against him.
So?
Lamar Jackson is not even in prime we know coming out he had to work on his passing that said I still love his upside.
How do you know he isn't past his prime? Hes been average the last 3 years and hasn't finished a season healthy in 2 years.

Ok let's stop giving these Teams ideas Lamar Jackson and D Henry would make Tennessee difficult to stop.
Right, imagine that duel rushing threat. However, Henry hasn't been as dominant as 2019 and 2020 when he was unstoppable. I'll cut him some slack for 2022 because he was literally their entire offense. Lamar would be a major boost to Henry and the offense.

But I'll be excited to see him with (hopefully) a new team next season. I would love for the 49ers to take a run at him but the Raiders and Jets are more likely (along with a few other teams).
49ers won't take him. Neither will LV.

Jets maybe. Colts. Commanders and Saints maybe.

What i'm doing is making him out to be not as good as you think he is.

So?

How do you know he isn't past his prime? Hes been average the last 3 years and hasn't finished a season healthy in 2 years.
I waiting for you to say Mac is better and have all world upside lets' just agree to disagree.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back