PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bruins vs Leafs Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Patrice Bergeron keep getting thrown out of faceoffs? He is the Bruins best faceoff man and he keeps getting bounced from the circle. Going forward they need to do a better job on faceoffs.

Why does Patrice Bergeron keep getting thrown out of faceoffs? He is the Bruins best faceoff man and he keeps getting bounced from the circle. Going forward they need to do a better job on faceoffs.
Wondering that myself, what's the reason for throwing a guy out?

It's possible. They have a lot of good young talent. They need to find a few more young guys though imo to replace Chara as he leaves and to pick up the slack for Bergeron, Marchand and Krejci as they start to regress.

It's an issue that 3 of their top 6 point guys are 29 or over. They will be in a great spot the next few years but they need to find a little more inside of the next 3-4 years if they want to keep playing at this level.

It's very possible and the recent success of their scouting department does give one confidence.
They have some talent in providence, JFK comes to mind and these younger guys like Debrusk and Donato will be stepping up. I see a good multi year run.

At least 4 times tonight he was the second one to move and yet he got heaved. Can't fathom it but I was livid.

Awesome win, this team is going to be a tough out this playoffs.

Btw I hope Vegas loses their asses off. Couldn't stand watching the Avalanche winning after relocating from Quebec And dont want to see an expansion team win so early either. Let the fans pay their dues.

Last edited:
At least 4 times tonight he was the second one to move and yet he got heaved. Can't fathom it but I was livid.
I think Bergeron was peeved as well. I suspect Toronto asked the officials to look at something Bergeron was doing, and they are calling it.

They have some talent in providence, JFK comes to mind and these younger guys like Debrusk and Donato will be stepping up. I see a good multi year run.

The ELC issue has a real shot at biting this team in the ass, because of the salary cap.

The ELC issue has a real shot at biting this team in the ass, because of the salary cap.

They'll be okay, but they're going to have to hope the homegrown talent develops to its fullest possible potential. They're not going to have room for major free agents or trade acquisitions.

Goaltending is the one thing that could be an issue in the long run. Rask is good but not great, but he's paid like he's great. Yet goalie is one of those positions, like quarterback or tackle in football, where you pay out the nose for merely above average because it's too much of a risk to shoot for an unproven star.

Any hoot, I stand by the comment of the next POTENTIAL Boston dynasty, with this team.

Even though this has always been a hockey town and always will be, the Celts are also in a great position for the future.

How about bringing back the name " Titletown" this year !! or is it too early?? :rolleyes:

Even though this has always been a hockey town and always will be, the Celts are also in a great position for the future.

That's if players can stay healthy. This season has been wasted i feel. I really thought we had a good chance to make the finals this year until the Irving injury. Now lebron gets another easy ride to the nba finals.

The B's are playing awesome! I hope they keep it going!

That's if players can stay healthy. This season has been wasted i feel. I really thought we had a good chance to make the finals this year until the Irving injury. Now lebron gets another easy ride to the nba finals.

Philly might give the Cavs some trouble.

As for the Celts, I can't wait to see Tatum after he grows up. That kid will be scary good.

Philly might give the Cavs some trouble.

As for the Celts, I can't wait to see Tatum after he grows up. That kid will be scary good.
I fully expect Philly to give the Cavs some trouble, should Cleveland start playing better and end up in that position to begin with. I think that goes without saying. They could be ousted sooner.

Either way, it’s not LeBron “getting another easy ride to the finals,” as suggested by another poster. As many faults as LeBron has to his game and character, he’s basically putting up triple doubles almost every night and has played in every game this year. If he brings this rag rag group of misfits to the finals, he should be respected on some level.

Looking forward to @maust1013 ’s official Game 3 thread, tomorrow. Hoping to see them split in Toronto either Monday or Thursday, although it would be great to see this momentum continue and have a nice 3-0 lead as opposed to needing a comeback game later in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes