PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bruins vs Leafs Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pasta!! Hat trick and 9 points in 2 games...sick

Seems to me we were recently admonished for viewing him as potentially being one

It depends what you mean by generational talent. Also admonished is are very strong word if you're talking about my comment.

When I say that I mean it to be a particularly rare class of player. As in one of the top talents in a 10-15 year span.

Wonder when the last time a player put up 9 points in the 1st 2 games of the playoffs was?

It depends what you mean by generational talent. Also admonished is are very strong word if you're talking about my comment.
He's one of the best...on a team with depth. That is all.:)

My tongue was firmly in my cheek Bob. Although now that you are being defensive...:p

Any hoot, I stand by the comment of the next POTENTIAL Boston dynasty, with this team.

Any hoot, I stand by the comment of the next POTENTIAL Boston dynasty, with this team.

"There is no greater burden than that of great potential..."
Still, you have come a long way from that ledge I found you on not long agoI'm very glad you came back in, closed the window and are here for the long haul. Gonna be a heck of a ride. Sweeney has to be Exec of the year.

"There is no greater burden than that of great potential..."
Still, you have come a long way from that ledge I found you on not long agoI'm very glad you came back in, closed the window and are here for the long haul. Gonna be a heck of a ride. Sweeney has to be Exec of the year.
I was never on the ledge...my reservations were, and are Rask. I knew from mid season the core of this team, was special. Future is beyond bright, imo.

Sorry. Sometimes it's hard to tell in text when a person is being tongue in cheek. Point noted.

NP and no need for an apology. Sports is the toy department of life. I think thanks to the fellowship of the miserable a lot of younger fans don't get to enjoy it the way it was meant to be. I've had to leave a lot of the philosophies of my youth behind here in the cyber age, thank God I have managed to keep that one intact.

Last edited:

It's possible. They have a lot of good young talent. They need to find a few more young guys though imo to replace Chara as he leaves and to pick up the slack for Bergeron, Marchand and Krejci as they start to regress.

It's an issue that 3 of their top 6 point guys are 29 or over. They will be in a great spot the next few years but they need to find a little more inside of the next 3-4 years if they want to keep playing at this level.

It's very possible and the recent success of their scouting department does give one confidence.

I was never on the ledge...my reservations were, and are Rask. I knew from mid season the core of this team, was special. Future is beyond bright, imo.

The last time I used that term you thought it was funny, it still is. My goodness, where is the frivolity font when we need it? :)

The last time I used that term you thought it was funny, it still is. My goodness, where is the frivolity font when we need it? :)
I'm ALL in...if Tuuka doesn't fold like a lawn chair, this team is unstoppable.:)

I'm ALL in...if Tuuka doesn't fold like a lawn chair, this team is unstoppable.:)

The road to the Stanley Cup is a war of attrition, injury is a constant concern. The depth bodes well though

Last edited:
Wonder when the last time a player put up 9 points in the 1st 2 games of the playoffs was?

As near as I can tell from hockey-reference.com, it's a new Pasta dish. :)

The road to the Stanley Cup is a war of attrition, injury is a constant concern. The depth bodes well theough
No team is as equipped, as the B's regarding depth. Just hope the snake bites are outta the way, for the most part.

As near as I can tell from hockey-reference.com, it's a new Pasta dish. :)

During the broadcast they mentioned the last time anyone scored 8 it was Gretzky in '87

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes