PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brady Film Review 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup and we get accused of “hating” TB12. lol

Been a fan long before #Tommy got here and don’t plan on leaving.

Obviously, I don't hate TB12. I have a half dozen Brady jerseys (0ne of which is autographed), Brady autographed football, and one of his more expensive rookie cards. All I (and others) are pointing out is that Brady's numbers are on decline over the past few years. 2017 was his last great statistical year and his stats have gradually gotten worse. And I have been honest in saying I don't know if that's because of injury.

Reactions: sb1
Obviously, I don't hate TB12. I have a half dozen Brady jerseys (0ne of which is autographed), Brady autographed football, and one of his more expensive rookie cards. All I (and others) are pointing out is that Brady's numbers are on decline over the past few years. 2017 was his last great statistical year and his stats have gradually gotten worse. And I have been honest in saying I don't know if that's because of injury.

Right. That’s “hating” or “trashing” him. Apparently. :rofl:

78 passer rating in his last 9 games as a Patriot when the team started playing good teams. Not much spin anyone can put on that.

No, I got it. It was just stupid.

BTW, you are what, 70 years old? I suggest you grow up if you are still mad at me from the politics stuff. You bring it up every time I post.

I'll admit that your position in the corona threads bothered me. I feel like those who held those opinions, especially in leadership positions, cost us exponentially more than it had to. But you're right. I'd guess that you're a decent person and I am kind of trolling you. So I'll stop.

I'll admit that your position in the corona threads bothered me. I feel like those who held those opinions, especially in leadership positions, cost us exponentially more than it had to. But you're right. I'd guess that you're a decent person and I am kind of trolling you. So I'll stop.

Thanks, and FYI I walked back my numbers statement once we passed 10K deaths. It's in the corona threads.

JG never had a stretch like Brady did in his last 9 games with a rating like that. Just sayin’.

LMFAO at the dislike and the pink hat on my ignore list who it belongs to.

So easy to trigger. :D Hate to break it to ya but #Tommy isn’t available so you have no shot. :rofl:

obsessed with me too, huh? I’m honored. Lol at paying attention to me when I’m on “ignore”. A hit dog will holler every time

Lol @ this thread. FBC, Upper Crust Tommy, Kasmir and SB1. All-Star Cast:rolleyes:. I hope Andy finds you guys and argues you into the ground re: Brady.

JG never had a stretch like Brady did in his last 9 games with a rating like that. Just sayin’.

Could you at least compare TB against a QB with at least one ring?

Um no, I've posted here like 3 times in the past few weeks. But thanks for playing. If Stidham fails after one year, are you going to be the first one to trash Bill?
...but you play that hand pretty much every day you do post. If Stidham is a bust then hes a bust. Brady at 43 is anybody's guess so Im not going to second guess Belichick. If Stidham works out Ill be ecstatic.

Well, Jimmy's never on the field...

If we’re gonna make our point on Brady’s decline to compare his rating with JGs we should also bring up that TB never had a 2.0 rating in the 4th quarter in the most important game of the year. In fact his track record (just including the last 4 years) showed this is when he was at his best.

If we’re gonna make our point on Brady’s decline to compare his rating with JGs we should also bring up that TB never had a 2.0 rating in the 4th quarter in the most important game of the year. In fact his track record (just including the last 4 years) showed this is when he was at his best.

Well Brady had a passer rating of 9 in the 4th quarter against the Titans in the most important game of the 2019 season for the Pats. Is a 9 passer rating really that much to brag about over a 2.0? Cherry picking is weird like that. And JG's team did a lot better than Tom's did last year. Jimmy also threw for almost as many yards as Brady did in 2019 against a tougher schedule.

Point is Brady was kinda lousy for an extended stretch last year - no matter what the reason was.

Well Brady had a passer rating of 9 in the 4th quarter against the Titans. Is a 9 passer rating really that much to brag about over a 2.0? Cherry picking is weird like that. And JG's team did a lot better than Tom's did last year.

Point is he was pretty lousy for an extended stretch last year - no matter what the reason was.

I’m not disagreeing that Brady has hit a decline. He’s 42, it was gonna happen. Just that comparing him to JG is a lousy take imo.

Shanahan deserves a lot of blame for his big game failures but he also should get tons of credit for being one of the best offensive minds in the game. Just look at Matt Ryan with and without him. Last year JG was in a much better situation than Tom. There was no comparison between the two offenses (especially once the injury bug hit our offense). Did JG even have to throw 10 passes in the nfc title game?

Yes he quarterbacked them to the Super Bowl, something that deserves credit but let’s be honest, we could make a decent list of current qbs that could’ve accomplished this, including Tom.

I’m not disagreeing that Brady has hit a decline. He’s 42, it was gonna happen. Just that comparing him to JG is a lousy take imo.

Shanahan deserves a lot of blame for his big game failures but he also should get tons of credit for being one of the best offensive minds in the game. Just look at Matt Ryan with and without him. Last year JG was in a much better situation than Tom. There was no comparison between the two offenses (especially once the injury bug hit our offense). Did JG even have to throw 10 passes in the nfc title game?

Yes he quarterbacked them to the Super Bowl, something that deserves credit but let’s be honest, we could make a decent list of current qbs that could’ve accomplished this, including Tom.

JG wasn't asked to put the team on his back and win games. But it's not like he can't though and one tough quarter doesn't say much one way or the other imo. He had some awesome games in 2019 and I think he'll get even better. He still never had a sub 80 passer rating at any time in his career over an extended stretch like Brady did in 2019 which is what I said originally.

I was kinda critical of JG back in the day but I think he's a really good QB. I'd take him right now over JS4 if it was possible.

JG wasn't asked to put the team on his back and win games. But it's not like he can't though and one tough quarter doesn't say much one way or the other imo. He had some awesome games in 2019 and I think he'll get even better. He still never had a sub 80 passer rating at any time in his career over an extended stretch like Brady did in 2019 which is what I said originally.

I was kinda critical of JG back in the day but I think he's a really good QB. I'd take him right now over JS4 if it was possible.

That’s exactly what JG was asked to go do (win the Super Bowl) and he failed miserably. But I blame shanny for this. You are correct that prior to this game he was not asked to put the team on his back to get the W. Why Shanny picked the Super Bowl to change strategies is beyond me.

Yup that’s the first thing that came to mind. Also thinking of the Welker drop play. Welker should have had it but the Giants safety did his homework and recognized Tom was locked on going that way and went right at Welker forcing Brady to throw a very difficult back shoulder ball away from the safety that missed the mark just enough to make it a tough catch for WW.
I don't believe that's what happened...at all...And certainly no Vagiants safety did his homework on anything...The Receiver just mis-read the coverage, plain & simple, and his physiological limitations prevented him from compensating for his mistake.

Brady was forcing balls to Edelman and Sanu and ignoring the other guys. That was the problem.

Except its a false narrative. The best receiving options always get more targets, it has nothing to do with the QB. You want to get the ball to your best play makers.

Two quarterbacks breakdown on top receiving targets over a season.
QB A: 150, 137, 55, 52, 35, ...
QB B: 153, 95, 54, 47, 41, ...

QB B spread the ball around better than QB A, right? QB A was Mahomes MVP 2018 season and QB B Brady last season....... Kelsey and Hill were far and away the best options for Mahomes and the # of targets reflects that.
Edelman was targeted on 15.2% of his snaps, Sanu on 12.4%. Compared to Kelse targeted on 15.1% of his snaps and Hill also 15.1%. So... Where exactly is Brady 'forcing the ball'?

Exactly 0 people criticized Mahomes for not throwing enough to guys buried on the depth chart. Enough with this false narrative BS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back