PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brady Film Review 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never understand those who clearly don't want to read about a particular subject matter will torture themselves by clicking on a thread clearly labeled about that subject matter and then respond bitterly about having to read about that subject. :confused::D

That's me

I'll never understand those who clearly don't want to read about a particular subject matter will torture themselves by clicking on a thread clearly labeled about that subject matter and then respond bitterly about having to read about that subject. :confused::D
Because they just want to *****.

He has performed better in the past with receivers who aren't super talented like Branch, Brown, Johnson, and Givens, so I don't think it's a great excuse to blame the receivers for his 2019 performance.
Respect. So who among the 2019 group was better than any of these names, besides Edelman, even including Bethel Johnson (I assume that's who you're referencing) last season?

Brady had a rough time with the pass rush until Wyn came back
Agreed. And still even Wynn had his moments. The OL had an inconsistent season, though they did get better down the stretch, especially once Shaq bounced back from whatever issue he was having earlier in the year (I can't remember what the injury was).

Brady's throws last year were not crisp at times and he made downright awful decisions. That could be for a number of reasons, but he was missing wide open guys and refused to throw consistently to Meyers and Harry. His biggest flaw IMO as a QB is that he zones in too much on certain guys (Edelman, Gronk, etc.). At his age he doesn't have the patience for rooks. He has performed better in the past with receivers who aren't super talented like Branch, Brown, Johnson, and Givens, so I don't think it's a great excuse to blame the receivers for his 2019 performance.

This idea that Brady 'refused to throw consistently to Harry/Meyers' is false. Go look at their snap counts compared to targets. Its right where you'd expect a 3rd/4th receiving option.

Branch, Givens, Brown, Johnson, etc are all a hell of a lot better than Meyers, what we've seen so far of Harry, and the corpses at TE that are Izzo and LaCosse. Meyers is a slow UDFA, let's stop pretending he's Edelman light. He's not even in the NFL if it wasn't for the dumpster fire that is NE WR group. Also Don't forget Sanu was useless with his high ankle sprain and Dorsett became useless going back to 2018 when he became the #1/2 outside receiver instead of the 3/4 option. He can't win matchups against teams 1/2/3 DBs. So yeah, the receivers were a disaster..

This idea that Brady 'refused to throw consistently to Harry/Meyers' is false. Go look at their snap counts compared to targets. Its right where you'd expect a 3rd/4th receiving option.

Branch, Givens, Brown, Johnson, etc are all a hell of a lot better than Meyers, what we've seen so far of Harry, and the corpses at TE that are Izzo and LaCosse. Meyers is a slow UDFA, let's stop pretending he's Edelman light. He's not even in the NFL if it wasn't for the dumpster fire that is NE WR group. Also Don't forget Sanu was useless with his high ankle sprain and Dorsett became useless going back to 2018 when he became the #1/2 outside receiver instead of the 3/4 option. He can't win matchups against teams 1/2/3 DBs. So yeah, the receivers were a disaster..
Brady was forcing balls to Edelman and Sanu and ignoring the other guys. That was the problem.

#StidIsMyQB

LMFAO at the dislike and the pink hat on my ignore list who it belongs to.

So easy to trigger. :D Hate to break it to ya but #Tommy isn’t available so you have no shot. :rofl:

Last edited:
Respect. So who among the 2019 group was better than any of these names, besides Edelman, even including Bethel Johnson (I assume that's who you're referencing) last season?

His completion % after the 2nd Jete game in October dropped considerably with a couple of exceptions. He was doing just fine up until that point. Something happened in October that changed his performance. Gordon was out for most of the year and Brown played in only 1 game, so I don't think we can say it was mainly the receivers fault. Maybe he was injured or maybe it was just natural decline. His overall numbers have been dropping since 2017, which was an MVP year.

Brady was forcing balls to Edelman and Sanu and ignoring the other guys. That was the problem.

Yeah he did have a habit of that from time to time. By his own admission he wouldn’t throw to anyone outside of the circle of trust. Understandable I guess and the GOAT should get the benefit of the doubt- but only to a point.

Yeah he did have a habit of that from time to time. By his own admission he wouldn’t throw to anyone outside of the circle of trust. Understandable but only to a point.

If you go back to the strip sack by Graham in SB52, Brady was zoned in on Gronk and didn't see a wide open James White in the flat that would have given us a 1st down.

Even in Tampa, guys like Howard and Brate aren't going to get a lot of targets. It'll be Godwin, Evans, and Gronk.

If you go back to the strip sack by Graham in SB52, Brady was zoned in on Gronk and didn't see a wide open James White in the flat that would have given us a 1st down.

Yup that’s the first thing that came to mind. Also thinking of the Welker drop play. Welker should have had it but the Giants safety did his homework and recognized Tom was locked on going that way and went right at Welker forcing Brady to throw a very difficult back shoulder ball away from the safety that missed the mark just enough to make it a tough catch for WW.

His completion % after the 2nd Jete game in October dropped considerably with a couple of exceptions. He was doing just fine up until that point. Something happened in October that changed his performance. Gordon was out for most of the year and Brown played in only 1 game, so I don't think we can say it was mainly the receivers fault. Maybe he was injured or maybe it was just natural decline. His overall numbers have been dropping since 2017, which was an MVP year.
Huh? :confused: You just posted something that had nothing to do with my question.

Huh? :confused: You just posted something that had nothing to do with my question.
Seriously, you could post about tomorrow's weather and there's a couple here that will respond with something Brady didn't do right. Now they're trying to trace what specific play happened that marked the beginning of his "decline" going back a couple of years.

LMFAO at the dislike and the pink hat on my ignore list who it belongs to.

So easy to trigger. :D Hate to break it to ya but #Tommy isn’t available so you have no shot. :rofl:

It seems as though you're the triggered one. Ignore list because of a dislike? Yikes.

Yup that’s the first thing that came to mind. Also thinking of the Welker drop play. Welker should have had it but the Giants safety did his homework and recognized Tom was locked on going that way and went right at Welker forcing Brady to throw a very difficult back shoulder ball away from the safety that missed the mark just enough to make it a tough catch for WW.

WTF???? Hahaha

Brady's throws last year were not crisp at times and he made downright awful decisions. That could be for a number of reasons, but he was missing wide open guys and refused to throw consistently to Meyers and Harry. His biggest flaw IMO as a QB is that he zones in too much on certain guys (Edelman, Gronk, etc.). At his age he doesn't have the patience for rooks. He has performed better in the past with receivers who aren't super talented like Branch, Brown, Johnson, and Givens, so I don't think it's a great excuse to blame the receivers for his 2019 performance.

You basically got everything wrong.

Seriously, you could post about tomorrow's weather and there's a couple here that will respond with something Brady didn't do right. Now they're trying to trace what specific play happened that marked the beginning of his "decline" going back a couple of years.

I don’t think anyone here would do anything like that.

Even in Tampa, guys like Howard and Brate aren't going to get a lot of targets. It'll be Godwin, Evans, and Gronk.

"Well let's see how the numbers play out".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back