PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BOSTON CELTICS vs. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (Eastern Conference Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bird stuffed Jordan more often than not. If you watch a promo for Jordan they'll show you MJ scoring against Bird, but in truth it actually didn't happen much.

What I don't understand about the Russell deniers is how they look at his success and just brush it aside. Maybe his incredible athletic achievements are so incomprehensible to modern fans that they just can't accept them and have to have another reason.

One of the many things that was so impressive about Russell was the way he never seemed to get faked out on an up-fake, like every other shot blocker would. When asked about that he said that he didn't jump to block the shot until the ball left the shooters hand. It sounds so simple but really takes a lot of quickness to pull off. It also enabled him to often block the shots and direct them to his teammates.
If we could transport back in time to be at those games, people would feel embarrassed - and probably mad too, at all the media hyperbole crowning MJ, LeBron etc...People are too often treated like they're stupid, and it's not their fault.

I wasn't around to see Jim Thorpe or Red Grange play, but I believe what's been said and written about them and their achievements.

I can't say future generations will have that privilege, because as you know, what's written today is mostly nonsense, blathering about Peyton Manning and John Elway being in the same class, or even above, Sammy Baugh or Unitas, anointing MJ and LBJ the "best ever" when at best they might crack the top ten, and referring to the Patriots as cheaters.

Did anyone else think that all that bouncing around before finally falling though, killed just enough clock to completely remove any chance Cleveland had to get a good tying shot?
Yeah, Stevens referred to exactly that in his PC...he liked all those clock-killing bounces.

Bradley has that shooter's touch, huh? Looked like Sam Jones there, at the end.

Lebron was in the wrong mind set all game, i think during warmups he didn't like how he was "playing" (shooting, dribbling, whatever) and at that point decided to be more of an assister rather than a scorer, and it stayed with him all game

it was a mental thing i think, and had nothing to do with making it more than a sweep..and for more evidence that that wasn't the case, just look at all the absurd calls the refs have been giving to CLE all series (and this happened some last couple series too)

we can't buy a FT when we drive to save our lives, especially IT the first 2 games, no AND 1s, just look at the disparity between FTs in all 3 games (and dont use the drive argument bc points in paint doesn't follow same curve)

CLE just isnt being called when we drive and get fouled and its a theme

Yeah, Stevens referred to exactly that in his PC...he liked all those clock-killing bounces.

Bradley has that shooter's touch, huh? Looked like Sam Jones there, at the end.

Do the rules allow the inbounder to just throw the ball, full court, at the basket?

With .1 seconds remaining that probably the only possible way to get a shot off.

Do the rules allow the inbounder to just throw the ball, full court, at the basket?

With .1 seconds remaining that probably the only possible way to get a shot off.
I don't think you can just shoot it in; there has to be a tap at least.

Bobby Jones threw it up like that at the Garden in Game 7 in '81, and the ball just hit the top of the backboard and time expired...not sure if that happens today, as only rim contact qualifies as a shot. Somebody needs to find the NBA rule book...

Nah. You cannot get a shot off under .4, you can only tip it in. I don't think they even review it under .4, they determined it's impossible at .3 or less.

this might have shown that IT isn't all what we thought he was to the team..unfortunately cuz i like him

and maybe...just maybe...Smart is just better as a starter rather than coming off the bench

IT is a awesome player but he's defensive liability at his size. Teams like the Cavs and others can exploit his size. Didn't know Marcus had that in him when he was Drafted he was suppose to be a decent shooter but we haven't seen:eek: that much like last night this year.

Cavs may have gotten more time back had Ty Lue been smart enough to call a timeout. Suppose it'd be nice if he was an actual coach instead of a puppet.

You people who wrote this team off and continued to predict a sweep by the Cavs look really, really bad now.

As I mentioned earlier, Lebron has the potential to put up stinkers in big games. This was just another one.

Lebron also whines constantly even while getting the star treatment from the refs.

He sucks as a passer too. I saw plays this game where he threw a bounce pass that went way over the other players head and another that hit a player in the face.

He's certainly a fine physical specimen, but he's not as great as he's been built up to be by Nike or his own ego.

For sure he is overrated particular by those under 20-somethings but also fans in generals.

Chamberlain, Russel, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Bryant, Shaq, Duncan, Abdul-Jabbar IMO are all better players. Some due to be more versatility and some better at being singularly dominant and taking over games without needing the Lebron treatment.

So for now that is 9 off the bat i put over him. Then you have other players you could as well like Olajuwon, Erving, Marlone for instance though idk how i'd feel about that.

I just would respect James more if he did it without such stacked teams and they are stacked no question. Also 1 his first championship was such a mismatch it wasn't funny. His 2nd was a well earned one vs a good opponent in which overall he played well. His 3rd though against a great team it was clear to me Golden State lost more than the Cavs won. The 3 point well dried up some and when that happened it became clear they had little else they could depend on. IT was not even great D just missed shots. In their 4 loses they scored 77, 89, 97 and 89 points. The Cavs weren't even that dominant of a defensive team. They allowed on average 98.3 PPG against. That D didn't shut it down under Lebron. They just failed to hit shots too often.

While you could pick apart other championships other great players had and point out weak opponents or choking opponents it is doubly so for Lebron cause he has been on such stacked teams so often.

You people who wrote this team off and continued to predict a sweep by the Cavs look really, really bad now.

To be fair no one really expected them in their heart of hearts to have a good chance at Cleveland. That is why we all felt stealing a game at home was so important.

Or, like Bertrand this morning on 98.5 you can just claim that the Celtics only won because the Cavs sucked.

Have the Celtics lost a playoff game when the Pats were represented?

BB and the boys need to show up at the Garden for game #5.

I don't know. But i hope they do show up for game 5.

Have the Celtics lost a playoff game when the Pats were represented?

BB and the boys need to show up at the Garden for game #5.
Think Bill was at Game 1 vs the Bulls. Wish they would travel on the road to represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back