PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills new stadium public funding

Now run the present value given the assumption that the $25 million number will increase roughly $1 million per year over the next 30 years, which is a very safe - if conservative - assumption given how the NFL revenues are exploding.

And Biden won't be president forever, so to use 7% a year for the next 30 years period is weaksauce.
I think the idea that the death of the dollar is only due to Biden tells us all that we need to know about your depth of knowledge in this area.

Anytime they put out a bill in the middle of the night and vote on it without letting anyone know what’s in it, Or even time to read it, you know the taxpayer is getting screwed.

Assuming 2.7% growth of the annuity payment per year (55 million at the end of 30 years), we get a PV of $698 million. Still a net loser.
But at least now we are in the same neighborhood. The projection that it will take 30 years to go from $25MM to $55MM is ridiculously conservative. They will probably hit $55MM in about half that time.

Furthermore, it's not like the stadium just disappears after 30 years. Yeah the lease is 30 years and that is what we have been using for our calculations but realistically, the life of the stadium will be longer. Their current dump is turning 50 next year. So how about we extend those exact same calculations out another 20 years?

From Professor of economics at Holy Cross
That is nothing more than an opinion piece, and a weakly supported one. He gives absolutely nothing in terms of supporting his argument. We have already proven in this thread the state tax revenue over the life of the deal can easily reach the 10-figure range.

His main argument is little more than the philosophical one about subsidies for billionaires.

Last edited:
I think the idea that the death of the dollar is only due to Biden tells us all that we need to know about your depth of knowledge in this area.
Well now that I've absolutely obliterated your main thesis, it is no surprise you've resorted to personal attacks.

That is nothing more than an opinion piece, and a weakly supported one. He gives absolutely nothing in terms of supporting his argument. We have already proven in this thread the state tax revenue over the life of the deal can easily reach the 10-figure range.
Well I just read about ANOTHER stadium deal that is suppose to up in Tenn. It supposedly cost $2.1BILLION (so you can add about $200MM to the final cost. The NFL is reportedly kicking in $750MM the owners about $250 MM and the state and county a whopping ONE pont ONE BILLION dollars. All for a building that MIGHT be used for about 20 times a year. God I wish I owned an NFL franchise where I can have the ownership of a $2.1 BILLION asset for about 10 cents on the dollar..

Well I just read about ANOTHER stadium deal that is suppose to up in Tenn. It supposedly cost $2.1BILLION (so you can add about $200MM to the final cost. The NFL is reportedly kicking in $750MM the owners about $250 MM and the state and county a whopping ONE pont ONE BILLION dollars. All for a building that MIGHT be used for about 20 times a year. God I wish I owned an NFL franchise where I can have the ownership of a $2.1 BILLION asset for about 10 cents on the dollar..
Now, Tennessee is a state where I don't feel it makes economic sense. There is no state income tax, so they are not recovering the hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars from taxing the players over the next 30+ years like NY is. This is a situation where they are paying for prestige, but that's an awfully large bill.

His main argument is little more than the philosophical one about subsidies for billionaires.
Philosophy about not handing out subsidies for billionaires is EXTREMELY important and it sets a bad example for people who are living paycheck to paycheck.

Philosophy about not handing out subsidies for billionaires is EXTREMELY important and it sets a bad example for people who are living paycheck to paycheck.
Perhaps.... but that is not the subject I am debating. I am looking at it strictly from a numbers standpoint to establish that the situation in NY was not that bad of a deal for the state in the long term. (As mentioned above, the situation in Tennessee is quite a bit different so I would not make the same claim about anything they did there)

Now, Tennessee is a state where I don't feel it makes economic sense. There is no state income tax, so they are not recovering the hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars from taxing the players over the next 30+ years like NY is. This is a situation where they are paying for prestige, but that's an awfully large bill.
I think the biggest problem in the end with building NFL stadiums is all about the usage, or lack thereof. Just using Gillete as an example it is open about 10-12 ADDITIONAL dates for things like concerts and tractor pulls as well as about 16 additional dates with the Revs. So that adds up to roughly 10-12 (if we are lucky) Patriot dates, 16 odd Rev dates and 10 "other" dates. So the stadium is open 35-38 days a year. So roughly about it sits idle about 330 days just getting older and in need of more repair and updates.. And WE share the field with another professional team.

I happened to agree wholeheartedly with the HC prof about the Buffalo stadium deal, but this one is exponentially worse. And the more I look the worse it gets. Tenn is ranked 43rd in the COUNTRY in educational spending at about $9, 400/yr/ student in 2022. Compare that with the close to $18,000./year we spend in MA (ranked 5th). To make matters worse I read a report that stated the Federal Government gave Tenn $1.1 Billion in educational funding so we are ALL paying for the opportunity to educate students in a state where they feel they can take on $1.1Billion in debt (PLUS interest). to add to the value of Billionaire's asset. (good point about the lask of a state income tax,)

BTW-I saw another list where they had Tenn ranked 49th at $8.300/student, but that must have been an older list, so kudo's to Tenn for moving up to 43rd.....I guess. :rolleyes: Nice that a state can afford to spend $1.1Billion in welfare to the rich. When they clearly don't give a sh!t about their kids. I mean WHY WOULD they care when all THEIR kids are going to private schools.

I mean all it took was about a week to find a stadium deal that makes the Bills deal look like a bargain. :rolleyes:. What a world what a world.

Last edited:
LOL.

care to continue?

btw, NFL players get a 1099misc for income derived thru licensing deals etc. So its not a basic W2 employment arrangement.
You are kidding right?

LOL.

care to continue?

btw, NFL players get a 1099misc for income derived thru licensing deals etc. So its not a basic W2 employment arrangement.
The fact that my comments are all accurate and you keep stepping on your dlck because you don’t understand the topic is not the same as me professing to be an expert. A high school kid after studying the topic for a week would be beyond your level of understanding. Hell, without studying they are more likely to guess and be more correct than the crap you out up here.

From Professor of economics at Holy Cross
It’s an opinion piece, not a financial analysis.

What example would it set to the fans if they refused and the team moved away to a more lucrative market?

Anytime they put out a bill in the middle of the night and vote on it without letting anyone know what’s in it, Or even time to read it, you know the taxpayer is getting screwed.
What was the phrase “you have to vote for it to find out what’s in it”

no, im not,
So the fact that they receive other income from a different source means they do not have an employer/employee w2 wage relationship with the Bills?
Please explain how you came up with that doozy.

The fact that my comments are all accurate and you keep stepping on your dlck because you don’t understand the topic is not the same as me professing to be an expert. A high school kid after studying the topic for a week would be beyond your level of understanding. Hell, without studying they are more likely to guess and be more correct than the crap you out up here.
Ladies and gentlemen,

Mr Dunning-Kruger.

Tax service industries in the us is an 11 billion dollar a year business. It is ridiculous to say that the wealthy athletes don't use every loophole available to them to lessen their tax hit.

In regards to this, in 2022 not even half of buffalos regular season games will be played in New York. At best it's a half contract value that NY will see.

Your arguments are perfunctory, and lack even a basic understanding of that. Yet you pretend to speak with an authoritative voice, when nothing could be farther from the truth. Your sense of self worth is so tied up in this, it's impossible for you to see reality even when it's staring you smack dab in the face.

Literally you've been arguing with me about people wanting to pay less taxes. Every one, besides you, wants to pay less.

Oh well I hope you enjoy your h&r block tax refund pay day loan. Maybe this month you can afford to get both ham and pepperoni hot pockets.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back