PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills Fans Are Done with McDermott

I’m starting to wonder if Bill is even going to get the Falcons job. The Falcons are now interviewing the Texans and Lions OC’s according to NFL Good Morning Football. If Arthur Blank really wanted Bill wouldn’t he just interview two coaches to satisfy the Rooney rule and then hire Bill instead of interviewing Harbaugh, and the two OC’s.
there is absolutely the distinct possibility that he does not get hired.

the NFL is full of trends and trendsetters. If something is working, go right ahead, hop on that bandwagon.

The biggest hiring trend in recent years is going for the young gun OC to take control (just to name a few - not even close to being an exhaustive list of all the coaching changes)
Arizona - 41 year old Jonathan Gannon ( former Philly DC ); before him, 40 year old Kliff Kingsbury
Cincy - 38 year old Zac Taylor
Cleveland - 39 year old Kevin Stefanski
Detroit - 45 yr old Dan Campbell
etc etc

Another trend is what we've seen here in the short period of Mayo building his staff. So many calls for "The McVay system" type coordinators etc. Happens every year.

Anybody seen Greencow?

I don't get it. The Bills had 25 years of losing - and losing bad - seasons. McDermott comes in and they win the division every year. They want to fire him?

Hilarious seeing the Belicheck fans who called out Brady for potentially going to the Dolphins as a traitor are now clamoring for Bill to join the Bills
Kraft fired BB. BB stated numerous times that he wanted to remain NEP HC and put up with little Jerry Jones Kraft.

Brady was still a NEP player under contract when he was sucking up to the Dolphins owner.

I look at those "most ever" records, even Bill's loss record, as a result of longevity, like a Yaz record. The true test of superiority or inferiority is in the %'s, though it's still more about the players than the coaches, just like it always has been and always will be.
Most losses is on BB. Most post season wins is on the players.

I like it.

BB put the players in a position to succeed. BB had depth at OL when a player went down. BB developed Edelman and saw what Wes Welker could be.

I don't get it. The Bills had 25 years of losing - and losing bad - seasons. McDermott comes in and they win the division every year. They want to fire him?
No, but people on the internet are mad. News at 11.

Nance was going on and on how McDermott is a defensive mastermind.

Granted Buffalo had injuries, but when has he ever slowed down KC? McDermott could not carry BBs clipboard in the defensive guru department.
How can you be a defensive mastermind if your defense is never great?

No it isn't. It has nothing to do with the SB losses, which, like the wins, are usually more a result of the players on the field.

Let's keep it simple. Bill has lost more games than anyone but two below average coaches and in less years than some of the others. And that's in spite of having Brady for 20 of his 30 years. That's just stating a fact.
121 of his 165 losses came with Brady & Co (including 2008).

Seems to me both the win/loss record is intrinsically tied up with the Brady era.

I think this is one of those things where you yell about wanting to quit your job after a bad day. Then after a day or two, you come to your
He’ll probably interview him 3 times and not hire him to match their points output of the collapse. Ultimate pay back. Not really but…
Another theory I've thought about is.. could be be asking for control? Similar to what he's had here?.. maybe Blank may not want to give Bill complete control.

The window is closed and they can't beat the Chiefs

Belichick isn't going to Buffalo, because Buffalo is over the cap, with a **** ton of FAs, and a 32.5 million dead cap number for Von Miller.

I would 100% do a complete roster/cap/draft postion swap with the Bills right now if just for Josh Allen alone.

McKay is an incompetent sycophant but sure has Blank’s ear. He is hates in Atl

McDermott would go if Bills ownership had any brains. Clearly he has reached his ceiling. I would not hire Bill though either and go with younger instead.

I agree this is the best spot for Bill if it becomes available without question. Do you think Kraft would blackball him for a few years after retirement if he does that?

Would Bills fans accept Bill?

Think about who the gm is there right now. Rich McKay. He’s not giving up control.

Reid at 24 post season wins will retire soon.
Don’t know about that… if Reid has learned one thing, it’s that a true franchise QB makes all the difference. If he coaches as long as PM plays, he could own all the coaching records.

Don’t get me wrong; I’d love him to retire. :)

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back