PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills Fans Are Done with McDermott

Or did he dump Wally Pip Wes Welker because he knew he had a young Lou Gehrig Julian Edelman right behind him?

and fwiw, i think WW is the best receiver that this team has had.
No, as I remember it...Wes went to the Broncos for the same money because he wasn't feeling the love from BB...and BB then immediately signed Amendola. At that point, Julian wasn't yet our #1 receiver and still a unknown (relatively speaking nationally amongst non-Pat fans) as late as 2012, IMO.

I don't rank Wes the best receiver we have ever had...but he is in the discussion though. And I consider him the greatest pure slot receiver of all time myself. Just sad that he never won a Lombardi....so damn close 2 out of 3 times....

No, as I remember it...Wes went to the Broncos for the same money because he wasn't feeling the love from BB...and BB then immediately signed Amendola. At that point, Julian wasn't yet our #1 receiver and still a unknown (relatively speaking nationally amongst non-Pat fans) as late as 2012, IMO.

I don't rank Wes the best receiver we have ever had...but he is in the discussion though. And I consider him the greatest pure slot receiver of all time myself. Just sad that he never won a Lombardi....so damn close 2 out of 3 times....
was here 6 seasons... only 93 games, yet he is 3rd in yards, 1st in receptions, 1st in receptions per game, does comes up short in tds at 8th though...

but i understand why people don't agree...

He should be coach of the year. They went from no shot at the playoffs to playing at home in the divisional round. Not his fault the defense was down to JV players.

Hilarious seeing the Belicheck fans who called out Brady for potentially going to the Dolphins as a traitor are now clamoring for Bill to join the Bills
Every thread now turns into a Belichick thread. The main forum is infected with Belichick here and Belichick there and Belichick this and Belichick that.

In the meantime, we have these same yahoos calling Mayo a racist, Kraft a cheap jew, Jonathan an evil doer, and rooting for the Bills to stomp on the Pats twice a year towards a SB run w/ their lord and saviour Belichick. Bunch of hypocrites.

What's @Ian doing about it? Saying, no everything is A-OK. "We're good that we have 50 threads on the main forum about Belichick, but the reason I started Brady subforum was because there were too many threads and I wanted a place to put them all."

Weak man. Weak. Man the **** up and clean this anti-Patriot nonsense from the main forum. Belichick is no longer a Patriot. Wish him luck where ever he goes but it shouldn't be polluting the main forum. We have a lot of Patriots news to discuss and this has nothing to do w/ the team.

Every thread now turns into a Belichick thread. The main forum is infected with Belichick here and Belichick there and Belichick this and Belichick that.

In the meantime, we have these same yahoos calling Mayo a racist, Kraft a cheap jew, Jonathan an evil doer, and rooting for the Bills to stomp on the Pats twice a year towards a SB run w/ their lord and saviour Belichick. Bunch of hypocrites.

What's @Ian doing about it? Saying, no everything is A-OK. "We're good that we have 50 threads on the main forum about Belichick, but the reason I started Brady subforum was because there were too many threads and I wanted a place to put them all."

Weak man. Weak. Man the **** up and clean this anti-Patriot nonsense from the main forum. Belichick is no longer a Patriot. Wish him luck where ever he goes but it shouldn't be polluting the main forum. We have a lot of Patriots news to discuss and this has nothing to do w/ the team.
Lol @SHOWTIME15 is that you?

121 of his 165 losses came with Brady & Co (including 2008).

Seems to me both the win/loss record is intrinsically tied up with the Brady era.
Except you added & Co.

Belichick - Paul Brown Era
Career total loses w/ Brady: 323 games
64 reg + 11 playoff = 75 (.768%)

Belichick - Ted Marchibroda Era
Career total loses w/o Brady: 188 games
101 reg + 2 playoff = 103 (.452%)

That's two completely different coaching careers.

BB will always own the post season win record at 31 and he is still coaching.

Reid at 24 post season wins will retire soon.
Reid will be 66 this season, so he easily has 4 more years (assuming he retires at 69). He needs 11 wins per season to catch Bill in regular season wins and only 2 per season to pass him in playoff wins. Totally doable. If he coaches into his 70s, it's a given.

I admit...I like him in the State Farm commercials.
Hopefully he's contributing all of his commercial earnings to that little girl that his son butchered.

Because BB still wants to coach and is closing in on Schula.

Reid is not even close.
That's because Belichick has coached for 29 years & Reid for 25.

I think Welker mentioned in his A Football Life episode that he took the Broncos' offer back to the Patriots to see if they'd match but they had already moved on. Welker was as far as I recall the classical case of Belichick / Patriots setting a max value for a FA and then moving on to the next target (in this case Amendola) once it became clear that the FA wouldn't take the offer.

The issue with Welker already started back during the 2011 season when the Patriots offered him an extension of 2 years at 16 million guaranteed but he turned that down as he wanted a longer deal. In the end he played 2012 on the franchise tag for 9.5 million, before signing a 2 year deal worth 12 million with the Broncos. The Patriots stance of not giving him a 3 year extension at that (or similar to that) AAV in 2011 was probably justified considering how he fell off in 2014 (although the big elephant in the room of course is how much Manning putting him in harm's way contributed to that), although it potentially cost the team a Super Bowl appearance in 2013 (however, I don't think they beat the Seahawks without Gronk assuming in this scenario he still gets taken out by T.J. Ward).

Ultimately, however, it worked out for the Patriots as his departure enabled Edelman to step up, while Amendola - even though he never truly lived up to the deal he was signed to - was a clutch player for 3 Super Bowl bound teams.

Reid will be 66 this season, so he easily has 4 more years (assuming he retires at 69). He needs 11 wins per season to catch Bill in regular season wins and only 2 per season to pass him in playoff wins. Totally doable. If he coaches into his 70s, it's a given.
Reid is 66 pounds overweight and getting fatter by the week.

Kelce is gone after this season and running off with Taylor Swift. Chris Jones will get more money elsewhere. Changes are coming.

That's because Belichick has coached for 29 years & Reid for 25.
Pray that he makes it 4 more years.

800px-Andy_Reid_%28Kansas_City_Chiefs_at_Washington_Football_Team%2C_October_17%2C_2021%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Except you added & Co.

Belichick - Paul Brown Era
Career total loses w/ Brady: 323 games
64 reg + 11 playoff = 75 (.768%)

Belichick - Ted Marchibroda Era
Career total loses w/o Brady: 188 games
101 reg + 2 playoff = 103 (.452%)

That's two completely different coaching careers.
& Co refers to this team, not anything else. So don't try and twist it to suit your petty agenda. They own that win/loss record.

You can't separate out the wins from the losses and say the wins are this guy and the losses belong to that guy.

It's done quite frequently here to push a specific agenda. Brady good Belichick bad. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way as much as you wish it would. You do it in your post here, bringing in other eras in order to "make a point" which is completely irrelevant. We were talking about this team.

Are there games that we lost due to coaching decisions? Yes, there are. Are there games we lost because of the players? Indeed. But the inverse is true in both cases.

You can't have it both ways no matter how hard you want to push your anti-belichick agenda. The wins and losses are intrinsically linked, regardless of how badly you wish they weren't.

Pretty sure that's an older photo of Reid. He definitely lost weight. Still obese but at least he is trying. Not sure what is worse another Harbaugh winning a Championship or the Chefs?

Get with it. It's ALL about the players, wins and losses, just as I posted.

Btw, Bill dumped Welker because he obviously wasn't one of his favorites.
That's right. He didn't want the ALL PRO 100 plus catch WR that changed the slots WR position.

Same thing with the Brady situation. There were a ton of threads in here then as well until we all found out where he was going, and then we condensed those and when I saw there was interest, I opened that forum.

I opened it after he signed in Tampa and people started talking about Buccaneers news. We're not on the same timetable with Bill...it's still January and he's not employed elsewhere yet.

At the same time, I agree with a couple of your other points on how ridiculous some of the takes have gotten. I wish they'd just announce his landing spot and something would be come official, but obviously, that hasn't happened yet.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back