PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Baker traded to Panthers

This shows us again how nothing is guaranteed...don't think Baker saw this coming especially with all the hype surroundings him. Hope this humbles him I still think a good player is in there in his head.

Is there any thread on the forum that doesn't turn into a conversation about Harry?
Even the Celtics forum is suggesting he could be the back up center they need.

What's Robbie Anderson's problem? He seriously prefers Darnold?

The thread about who will excel playing WR for the Pats this year is devoid of Harry talk :rofl:

Anderson is a piece of human garbage, and should not be making any judgments about anyone else!

Last edited:
He’s leaps and bounds better than Darnold, but he’s still been a disappointment, to date. He needs to study Brees with the Saints and quit trusting his arm to the point where he’s throwing into such tight windows. When I watch him, I don’t think it has as much to do with his height as it does Mayfield overly trusting his arm strength and not using his eyes to move the safeties enough. The Panthers have definitely improved, though.
lol is the quote in your sig real?

lol is the quote in your sig real?
Parts. Something like that has been said a few times over the years. In 2009-2010, it was “go root for the Jets.” Now it’s, “ur a Bucs fan lol wtf.” The main board seems to be thriving for it. :maybenot:

Mayfield pulled a Harry/Dwayne Robertson and shot up the boards when it was rumored the Pats were going to trade up for him. I liked Darnold a lot when he played at USC and thought he was a top QB prospect. But like Matt Leinart, for some reason they can't adapt to the pros. I don't think many people saw Allen becoming what he is now - a top QB in the NFL. I didn't like Rosen at all at UCLA. I agree with Jackson, he's already started a slow progression downward, but will still get paid a ton of money because he puts azzes in the seats.

Regarding Allen winning a Super Bowl, they need to upgrade their running game, supporting cast at WR and better on D.
I think the the thing on Jackson is this. When he came into the league he was elite in a few skills that were different than a lot of QB. So the Ravens brilliantly created a unique offense that maximized those skills and low and behold Jackson became the MVP of the league. Now I DON'T believe that Jackson has slowed down, like some have opined. i think its more about the LEAGUE catching up to defending that different offense, like they always do.

Jackson has been less effective over the last few years because HIS game is predicated on being able to extend plays and run with the ball. Teams are now defending the run against them better and containing Jackson better. Not enough to shut him down completely but enough to drop him from the #1 QB in the league back into the 6-10 range. And then there are the injuries which have become more common recently. The kid runs with great abandon AND is fast and quick. BUT he's NOT a 250lb Josh Allen.

BTW- Josh Allen is what SF hopes they got in Trey Lance. In a sense Lance COULD become a Josh Allen type player and then he might bust out or not reach the level that justified the high price they paid to get him. That would require Lance to be a guy who is in the MVP discussion EVERY year. Of course like Allen, it is going to take him 3 or 4 years to find out just how good he is. So while there will be many who will call him a bust if he say isn't as good as Mac will be this year. Unlike Mac I believe the Niners knew he'd be a longer term project and they'd take a lot of heat the early years with him, but were willing to take a long term approach and make him more of a game manager hand hopes he can blossom into a top 5 QB down the road.

Parts. Something like that has been said a few times over the years. In 2009-2010, it was “go root for the Jets.” Now it’s, “ur a Bucs fan lol wtf.” The main board seems to be thriving for it. :maybenot:
Definitely a sentiment from a lot of posters here. Just want sure if anyone just flat out said it like that lol.

He's had two good year years but we're not talking MVP - good like Lamar or Burrow. He's been the 3rd best QB in that division even when he's on. And I've been a Baker fan since Tech.

Panthers play Cleveland Week 1 - 9/11/2022

9/11/2022 until Baker's upcoming birthday is a span of 216 days ... 216 is the CLE area code

The Cleveland Cavs won their only championship in 2016 - the Cleveland Indians made the World Series that year too

He's had two good year years but we're not talking MVP - good like Lamar or Burrow. He's been the 3rd best QB in that division even when he's on. And I've been a Baker fan since Tech.
The only reason that Mayfield isnt # 2 is that Lamar Jackson is the Ravens leading rusher every season.

Mayfield 305 completions @ 62% - 3563 YDs - 26 TDs - 8 INTs - 2 game win drives
Jackson 242 completions @ 64% -2757 YDs - 26 TDs - 9 INTs - 1 game win drive

Jacksons Barry Sanders routine is wearing thin. He will be the next Vick/RG3 type to hit the wall.

Panthers play Cleveland Week 1 - 9/11/2022

9/11/2022 until Baker's upcoming birthday is a span of 216 days ... 216 is the CLE area code

The Cleveland Cavs won their only championship in 2016 - the Cleveland Indians made the World Series that year too
I told you, it all comes back to the number 6. 216 is 6 cubed. It's all scripted.

Mayfield claimed that he had moved on and in the next breath said that the Browns door was still open but that he had no recent contact with the franchise. The Browns would need to reach out to Mayfield first for him to possibly go back. Thats all over google.

The Browns waited to hear just how bad Watson will get dinged suspension wise. The Browns moved Mayfield only when they were comfortable to do so. Otherwise, why wait all these months to trade the very 1st pick in the 2018 draft for a conditional 5th and eat some of his contract too? The Browns look like bozos the way this whole Watson deal went down. They should have moved Mayfield months ago, but could not pending Watsons legal issues.

Regarding Watson, he better not get a harsh sentence. There will be a player revolt and the race card will be played. White Bob Kraft was criminally charged and he walked a free man because the evidence was tossed out. Watson was not charged and pleading the 5th leaves no evidence of guilt.
What nonsense. Kraft 'walked a free man' because they don't jail people for soliciting prostitution. He wasn't charged with sexually assaulting anyone.

And I expect the reason the Browns waited to trade Mayfield was that they had slight hopes they might get more, probably by trying to ignite a bidding war between Carolina and Seattle.

And if you want to see a firestorm, wait and see what happens in the real world if Watson gets a slap on the wrist.

I think the the thing on Jackson is this. When he came into the league he was elite in a few skills that were different than a lot of QB. So the Ravens brilliantly created a unique offense that maximized those skills and low and behold Jackson became the MVP of the league. Now I DON'T believe that Jackson has slowed down, like some have opined. i think its more about the LEAGUE catching up to defending that different offense, like they always do.

Jackson has been less effective over the last few years because HIS game is predicated on being able to extend plays and run with the ball. Teams are now defending the run against them better and containing Jackson better. Not enough to shut him down completely but enough to drop him from the #1 QB in the league back into the 6-10 range. And then there are the injuries which have become more common recently. The kid runs with great abandon AND is fast and quick. BUT he's NOT a 250lb Josh Allen.
Jackson has the same offensive coordinator Colin Kaepernick did in SF where they threw the NFL off guard their first few years starting. Tennessee was the first team to show in the 2019 playoffs that if you make Jackson throw in tight windows and not run around, the cracks will show. Teams are starting to figure him out and Brian Flores laid out another great old school game plan blitzing him from all angles so he'd have to think quickly. His deteriorating supporting cast isn't helping either.
BTW- Josh Allen is what SF hopes they got in Trey Lance. In a sense Lance COULD become a Josh Allen type player and then he might bust out or not reach the level that justified the high price they paid to get him. That would require Lance to be a guy who is in the MVP discussion EVERY year. Of course like Allen, it is going to take him 3 or 4 years to find out just how good he is. So while there will be many who will call him a bust if he say isn't as good as Mac will be this year. Unlike Mac I believe the Niners knew he'd be a longer term project and they'd take a lot of heat the early years with him, but were willing to take a long term approach and make him more of a game manager hand hopes he can blossom into a top 5 QB down the road.
If Lance doesn't at least take Jimmy JAG out of the lineup, 9ers fans should be extremely worried. This isn't the 80's or 90's where you needed to sit for a few years. The league is built for any player to play NOW.

And I expect the reason the Browns waited to trade Mayfield was that they had slight hopes they might get more, probably by trying to ignite a bidding war between Carolina and Seattle.
HAHAHA

A bidding war after they signed Watson to a guaranteed contract worth 230 mil.

Get a clue.

Kraft was charged with a CRIME.

Watson was NOT.

Bob Kraft was charged, and then charges were dropped.
DeShaun Watson had a grand jury convene, and they declined to press charges.

Having said that.....

In the court of public opinion - which is all the NFL cares about - sexual assault is worse than mere solicitation. If we assume they are both guilty (which I believe most people would agree with) then Watson would deserve a stricter punishment from the League.

And if you want to see a firestorm, wait and see what happens in the real world if Watson gets a slap on the wrist.
Watson already served a 1 year suspension. Go ahead and come down on Watson after Kraft was involved in human trafficking.

There will be a racial 5hitsorm like none other.

Watson already served a 1 year suspension. Go ahead and come down on Watson after Kraft was involved in human trafficking.

There will be a racial 5hitsorm like none other.
Watson already served a 1 year suspension? wtf????

He deliberately sat out a year because he didn't like the fact that the Texans didn't consult him when they hired Nick Caserio... he requested a trade in January 2021 after the Texans didnt bother to interview any of his personal favorites for GM, and he threw a hissy fit... He wasn't suspended, he refused to play and he was paid during that period ... and that happened months before the first allegations of him sexually assaulting massage therapists became public...

what Watson has "allegedly" done and what Kraft "allegedly" did are worlds apart... One guy targeted, if reports are correct, 66 or more women in order to coerce them to provide sex, while the other "allegedly" got a hand job in an asian massage parlor...

cant believe how far you will go to twist things to fit your narrative...

Last edited:

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back