PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Arians steps down as Tampa HC

Drama is starting to follow Brady along like a shadow.. now I am reading that Brady knew he was leaving when he unretired...

Is the NFL becoming the NBA where stars are recruiting other stars to come play for this years version of their "Dream Team"?? Hope not because if it does suckville is right down the road..
I don't think that Tampa Bay in 01 or the Rams in 02 considered themselves suckville. I think they rather enjoyed themselves.

I don't believe that football with 53 players would compare to basketball with 12 players without some major changes.

All teams have to deal with the same salary cap and in the end it's about the players. Always has been.

I thought all the talk of Brady going over BB's head and lobbying for BOB, etc was just clickbait BS.
This seems to give that some traction. Basically, Brady forced Ariens out.

Tedy Bruschi said something didn't smell right about the whole retirement/unretirement thing.
Seems like leverage to me.
I decided to read the article. This line stood out to me... "Of course, we’d have to make an assumption or two to arrive at that conclusion."

Personally, I couldn't care less why it happened as long as Brady keeps playing. I'd rather watch Brady play than watch Arians coach.

I don't think that Tampa Bay in 01 or the Rams in 02 considered themselves suckville. I think they rather enjoyed themselves.

I don't believe that football with 53 players would compare to basketball with 12 players without some major changes.

All teams have to deal with the same salary cap and in the end it's about the players. Always has been.
Suckville is down the road.. as I said, not current or past.

Tampa '01 & Rams '02???

uBSBwrK.jpg

The Brady drama is off the charts!!!!!

He has carte blanche of the whole franchise. Look for Gronk to announce he is back pronto. Edelman will be playing ball with Tom this 2022 season too. Every Buc player is required to be on TB12. Jim Jones could only dream of an opportunity like this.

The Brady drama is off the charts!!!!!

He has carte blanche of the whole franchise. Look for Gronk to announce he is back pronto. Edelman will be playing ball with Tom this 2022 season too. Every Buc player is required to be on TB12. Jim Jones could only dream of an opportunity like this.

I think you are underestimating how much power Bowles is going to have. He didn’t sign a 5 year contract to take a back seat. If Brady goes around him, there’s going to be drama…

Last edited:
Suckville is down the road.. as I said, not current or past.

Tampa '01 & Rams '02???
You mentioned teams that have stars chasing star players. Those teams are examples of that. That's all.

BA, Licht, Brady, Glazers all lying and conspiring to cover up the coup. Funny thing is BA is still in the building. Weird coup.

Yeah because Brady and the team is going to tell you there was friction. Don't be so naive.

Brady never publicly trashed Bill either. But we know there was friction there. It's obvious what happened.

Unless you believe Bruce stepped down put of the goodness of his heart and worrying his coordinator would have to take a bad job lmao

I think you are underestimating how much power Bowles is going to have. He didn’t sign a 5 year contract to take a back seat. If Brady goes around him, there’s going to be drama…

Bowles was a failed coach with the jets. He will sit back and let Brady run the show

Bowles was a failed coach with the jets. He will sit back and let Brady run the show

Do you understand what the implications of that are? Do you really think Todd Bowles, being black, would allow himself to be hired so that a white superstar quarterback would just "run the show?" Honestly, if that's why Bowles was hired, he's going to be pissed. Bowles is not going to be another Jim Caldwell and just sit back while a superstar runs the team.

Tampa is a progressive organization, given their hires of minorities and women in their coaching ranks. This move is more about giving Bowles a chance to succeed on a team with talent IMO more than anything else. If Arians stayed, then Bowles would end up leaving for a crap organization next year where he'd be set up to fail ala Jete. Arians himself last week that he was stunned that Bowles and Leftwich are not HCs. Bowles has been at Arians' side for nearly 40 years.

Last edited:
Have we reached a point where any old crap regarding Tompa Bay is no longer regarded as OT?

Control??

Arians is gonzo because he tried to assert control over his team. Brady and Leftwich drew up the offensive game plans and Arians trashed them upsetting Tommy boy. There is friction between Gronk and Arians too. Thats over now. Brady is 100% in control now. Who are people going to listen to? A 7 time Super Champion QB or a run of the mill DC who is 0 - 0 in the post season? Remember when Bowles won all those games with the Jets? No? I dont either. With 27 seconds to overtime, Bowles defense left Cooper Kupp single covered for a 44 yard completion and subsequent game winning FG.

This turn of events is reminiscent of when Jimmy Johnson quit the Cowboys and Jerry Jones installed Barry Switzer as HC. The Cowboys were on autopilot and kept winning Super Bowls while Switzer watched..

Control??

Arians is gonzo because he tried to assert control over his team. Brady and Leftwich drew up the offensive game plans and Arians trashed them upsetting Tommy boy. There is friction between Gronk and Arians too. Thats over now. Brady is 100% in control now. Who are people going to listen to? A 7 time Super Champion QB or a run of the mill DC who is 0 - 0 in the post season? Remember when Bowles won all those games with the Jets? No? I dont either. With 27 seconds to overtime, Bowles defense left Cooper Kupp single covered for a 44 yard completion and subsequent game winning FG.

This turn of events is reminiscent of when Jimmy Johnson quit the Cowboys and Jerry Jones installed Barry Switzer as HC. The Cowboys were on autopilot and kept winning Super Bowls while Switzer watched..

You are forgetting that Bowles is African American. The players on the Bucs, particular on the defensive side, are thrilled that he is the HC now. Just look at their tweets. In fact, I can't think of another team in NFL history where a black HC had more talent to work with than Bowles does in Tampa. Tampa is more talented than Dungy's 06' Colts and Tomlin's 08' Steelers. This move was 100% about Bowles and not about any Brady/Arians rift.

Last edited:
This offseason proves we're all living in a computer simulation, and someone accidentally cranked the Chaos Slider to 11.

Bowles has head coach experience, Leftwich and Tom run the offense which is what Tom wanted, and Bowles always needed as a head coach because he was clueless about offense.

We’d be foolish to deny this is exactly how it looks, down the fact the Bucs owed Arian’s money so they pulled a Brad Steven’s and gave him an office job.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back