PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Arians steps down as Tampa HC

He didn't say retired. He said I'm a Patriot, period. When asked about playing in Tampa.
Once more.

Where is his best chance to win another ring and make more money?

Ohrnberger is known for posting unfounded rumors. He doesn't have any more insight than the local beat reporters that cover the team daily or national ones that actually have sources inside the team. No other source has confirmed any of this supposed drama. Nobody.

The facts are BA wasn't part of the game planning. He said so himself. He delegated the offense to Leftwich and the defense to Bowles. He's not a micro manager. He maintained a general philosophy around the team that worked well for him in the past. He's a tough coach that's harder on the "stars" than anyone else. None of this is a secret. Everyone in the NFL knows this. He's also stated he believes that family comes first. That players & coaches need to take time off to be w/ their families.

On coach Bear Bryant, Arians said. “The last thing he told me when I was going off to Temple: Coach them hard and hug them later. And that's been my mantra ever since."

Now given the above, we're supposed to believe that Brady is so sensitive after having worked w/ BB for 20 years, that he couldn't put up w/ BA? He didn't need BA. He had Leftwich working his ass off to come up w/ the game plans. Guess what, that's not changing since it's doubtful Bowles will intervene in that aspect of the game plan.

The truth of the matter is BA said that if Leftwich a/o Bowles got a HC job, he would probably retire because he didn't want to be calling plays. Dude is 69 and his time was up.

Now, I'm not saying that Brady wasn't consulted on this or asked what his preference would be, but to assume based on just one not-very-well-known dude that this was a 100% ploy by Brady to get rid of BA is BS.

What you have is the Florio and Skip Bayless types forming "opinions" based on this one dude's rumor and it takes off from there. Find me one other source that lends credence to this story and I'll believe it. Just one.

If it was a story they made bill look bad you would believe it. But because it makes Brady look kinda bad by pushing a coach out then it's false

Once more.

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I would like to point out that you said he was already on the plane to Tampa the day he announced his retirement. At some point we need to see some evidence that it's actually happening or it's just crying wolf.

If it was a story they made bill look bad you would believe it. But because it makes Brady look kinda bad by pushing a coach out then it's false
It is false. Pagano said on the McAfee show yesterday that Bruce told him had been mulling retirement after the Superbowl win, but wanted to leave the team in a good spot.

Arians was talking about other 2022 Tampa QB options several weeks ago. There were no plans to hang up the headset and whistle.

Brady unretires and Arians is gone. Basically, Arians was fired. In NE, Brady circumvented the chain of command and went directly to Kraft and over Belichicks head. A big no - no. Belichick is a devout Navy man and you are expected to follow protocol - do your job. There can be only 1 Admiral and 1 voice. Brady got Jimmy his ticket out of town because Brady felt threatened by him. Stands to reason that Brady went to Glazer and gave him an ultimatum that you cant have both Arians and me.

Kraft is applying pressure to win like never before. Now, he has set expectations for Mac to not only lead his Pats to playoffs, but beyond. Its a very dangerous game to play with a 2nd year QB who may not have everything that he needs to make Bobs wishes come to fruition.

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I would like to point out that you said he was already on the plane to Tampa the day he announced his retirement. At some point we need to see some evidence that it's actually happening or it's just crying wolf.
The 22 season hasnt gotten real yet.

Wait till spring camp is over.

Arians was talking about other 2022 Tampa QB options several weeks ago. There were no plans to hang up the headset and whistle.

Brady unretires and Arians is gone. Basically, Arians was fired. In NE, Brady circumvented the chain of command and went directly to Kraft and over Belichicks head. A big no - no. Belichick is a devout Navy man and you are expected to follow protocol - do your job. There can be only 1 Admiral and 1 voice. Brady got Jimmy his ticket out of town because Brady felt threatened by him. Stands to reason that Brady went to Glazer and gave him an ultimatum that you cant have both Arians and me.

Kraft is applying pressure to win like never before. Now, he has set expectations for Mac to not only lead his Pats to playoffs, but beyond. Its a very dangerous game to play with a 2nd year QB who may not have everything that he needs to make Bobs wishes come to fruition.
The NFL is changing whether we like it or not. Elite talent, especially quarterbacks are now dictating terms. Brady was threatened by Garapplo. He was drafted to replace Brady and Brady did what he had to survive. He was uniquely qualified to deliver. He helped keep the Patriots stay at the top for more years. Jimmy g wouldn't have. Fast forward to Tampa. Brady surpassed the coach. If there is anyone that could break protocol and make it work, its Tom Brady.

The 22 season hasnt gotten real yet.

Wait till spring camp is over

Nobody knows the true severity of his knee injury.
He had a year to rest it. He can still run. He isn't that old. He'd get at least 5 million. He has a chance to improve his HOF credentials.

It tells me that he will make a comeback if he can in 2022. If he doesn't then we all know that the knee injury is really a career ending injury.

The NFL is changing whether we like it or not. Elite talent, especially quarterbacks are now dictating terms. Brady was threatened by Garapplo. He was drafted to replace Brady and Brady did what he had to survive. He was uniquely qualified to deliver. He helped keep the Patriots stay at the top for more years. Jimmy g wouldn't have. Fast forward to Tampa. Brady surpassed the coach. If there is anyone that could break protocol and make it work, its Tom Brady.
My sister works in Boston and told me that Jimmy was bragging in the locker room that the Pats were his team now.

Brady is going to fail. He doesn't have all the answers like he thinks he does. If the Rams did not fumble 4 times in the Divisional game, Brady would have suffered an embarrassing post season defeat.

Nobody knows the true severity of his knee injury.
He had a year to rest it. He can still run. He isn't that old. He'd get at least 5 million. He has a chance to improve his HOF credentials.

It tells me that he will make a comeback if he can in 2022. If he doesn't then we all know that the knee injury is really a career ending injury.
A 50% capacity Gronk is still good.

A 50% Edelman is also good. Evans and Godwin can do all the heavy lifting.

Rodgers: Pay me $50 million and I'm going to win you another MVP. Bye bye Davante. There's no more money left for you.

Brady: I''ll give you a 50% discount on what that guy gets paid. Let's use the 25 million to go all in and win another SB. Oh hi Godwin, Jenson, Ryan, and Gage. Nice to see you all playing at a discount too.

My sister works in Boston and told me that Jimmy was bragging in the locker room that the Pats were his team now.

Brady is going to fail. He doesn't have all the answers like he thinks he does. If the Rams did not fumble 4 times in the Divisional game, Brady would have suffered an embarrassing post season defeat.
Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

C'mon man. Tom Brady.

Please show me posts of FALSE stories about Bill that I believe.

Please show me TRUE stories that make Brady look bad that I claim to be false.

The big "If". If some baseball player didn’t make that error then the guy that was 0-4 the whole game would have never got up to hit a game winning home run. The thing is he got chances and he delivered. Brady delivers in the most clutch, now or never moments. At least he does more times than anyone else. Fail? He's going to be 45. Conventional wisdom says the end of elite ability is coming closer. The last time he played he was still playing as well as anyone. Only a handful of qbs make it deep in the playoffs to even get the chance to "fail" in the Superbowl. Brady not playing for the Bucs with Arians as coach would be worse than the Bucs playing with Brady and no Arians.

Please show me posts of FALSE stories about Bill that I believe.

Please show me TRUE stories that make Brady look bad that I claim to be false.

oh I see. The storiws about Bill are true. but the ones about Brady are false. Case in point. All NFL stories are "here say and rumors" teams aren't going to spill the dirty laundry. The wickersham story or bill ignoring his scouts are no more true or false than Brady getting arians fired.

You just choose to believe the Bill stories as true and the Brady ones as false.

If you want to only believe the rosy team narrative more power to you. Arians is just the most selfless coach in all the NFL.

oh I see. The storiws about Bill are true. but the ones about Brady are false. Case in point. All NFL stories are "here say and rumors" teams aren't going to spill the dirty laundry. The wickersham story or bill ignoring his scouts are no more true or false than Brady getting arians fired.

You just choose to believe the Bill stories as true and the Brady ones as false.

If you want to only believe the rosy team narrative more power to you. Arians is just the most selfless coach in all the NFL.
You need to go back and re-read what I posted.

Once more.

His best chance to win? LA. But that isn't the point. The point is, he isn't going to play. He can't. Catching a few passes from Brady in the offseason doesn't change that.

His best chance to win? LA. But that isn't the point. The point is, he isn't going to play. He can't. Catching a few passes from Brady in the offseason doesn't change that.
I predicted that Gronk would return from retirement and play again.

The naysayers like you were steadfast in guaranteeing that he would not. "Gronk needed to salvage what's left of his body" "Gronk has lost too much weight" Gronk is on some TV show and doesnt have the time for football...blah, blah, blah"

But, I correctly pointed out multiple times that Gronk did not file his retirement papers with the NFL. Just like Edelman hasnt.

I predicted that Gronk would return from retirement and play again.

The naysayers like you were steadfast in guaranteeing that he would not. "Gronk needed to salvage what's left of his body" "Gronk has lost too much weight" Gronk is on some TV show and doesnt have the time for football...blah, blah, blah"

But, I correctly pointed out multiple times that Gronk did not file his retirement papers with the NFL. Just like Edelman hasnt.
Where can you see if they have filed the retirement papers?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back