PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Antonio Brown suspended for lying about vaccination status

In the US today, it is about 80% inheritance, 10% intention/creativity/hard work, 10% being an ahole in high leverage professions such as real estate, the law, and brand management.

There is a percentage of luck involved there as well

Like I said to the people that disagree, show me one professionaly athlete who is either dead from covid, or has had his career ended from having the disease. There aren't any. They are being told to take a vaccine for a disease that isn't going to seriously effect them. Calling them idiots for not trusting the experts who had us sanitizing rooms every hour, told us to wear masks outside, told children to stay inside rather than go outside and play, shut down playgrounds and athletic fields, told us not to wear masks, then to wear only certain masks, then to wear any masks. Had sick elderly people sent back to their nursing homes, the list goes on and on. The "experts" have done a piss poor job building trust in their expertise, much of it media driven by the media's political attempts to push their own agenda.

If you aren't at serious risk from the disease, and you aren't sure you trust the so called experts, does it make you an idiot for not wanting to take an injection that may or may not even make a difference to you?
Covid can have a number of long term implications, one of which is myocarditis. Myocarditis is the leading cause of sudden death in competitive athletes.

I'd add Peyton Manning to that list as well. He's a well loved scumbag and people bury their heads in the sand when it comes to his transgressions.
How soon we forget Henry Ruggs...

I did some fubar'd stuff in my days, but, damn!

This is probably the least of what AB has done. But people don't care because he can catch a football.

The NYFL players have been slobbering all over each other for the entire time that we've known about the WV, and yet how many have been sick enough from it to lose playing time? Not many that I know of.

One thing this proves is that you're better off being a white QB that lies about his vaccination status than a black WR who does the same thing.
Shows you really don't understand the difference between what AR and AB did...

Another part of this story that is related to us is all of these guys will miss the Bucs vs. Bills game, making it that much easier for Buffalo to win, screwing those of us who were hoping for at least that extra L on the Bills' record.

So I just heard on 98.5 that all the Bucs players were caught because all of them had vaccination cards with stamps from the same vaccination facility in a remote area like 100 miles away from the Bucs facility making it easy for the league to catch them. According to Phil Perry.

Another part of this story that is related to us is all of these guys will miss the Bucs vs. Bills game, making it that much easier for Buffalo to win, screwing those of us who were hoping for at least that extra L on the Bills' record.
Not really. AB wasn't going to play anyways due to injury. The offense is the top scoring in the league and he has missed 6 games and counting so no real worries there especially since the Bills lost their top corner for the season. Edwards is the backup strong safety. The Bucs are undefeated at home. The Bills are a middler team with the potential to get streaky depending if good or bad Allen shows up. I fully expect the Pats to beat them Monday even without Dugger and the Bucs to beat them the following week.

Covid can have a number of long term implications, one of which is myocarditis. Myocarditis is the leading cause of sudden death in competitive athletes.

Any virus can cause that. Plus the vaccination doesn't keep you from getting the disease. Plus that wasn't what I asked. See you can't do it, there aren't any cases where it happened. Listen I am vaccinated, my kids are vaccinated. But calling people idiots for not getting vaccinated when there is a 0% risk from them dying from the disease is simply ignorant, and ends up pushing a political agenda. You can call them selfish for not doing it. But deciding not to get vaccinated does not mean they are idiots.

Like I said to the people that disagree, show me one professionaly athlete who is either dead from covid, or has had his career ended from having the disease. There aren't any. They are being told to take a vaccine for a disease that isn't going to seriously effect them. Calling them idiots for not trusting the experts who had us sanitizing rooms every hour, told us to wear masks outside, told children to stay inside rather than go outside and play, shut down playgrounds and athletic fields, told us not to wear masks, then to wear only certain masks, then to wear any masks. Had sick elderly people sent back to their nursing homes, the list goes on and on. The "experts" have done a piss poor job building trust in their expertise, much of it media driven by the media's political attempts to push their own agenda.

If you aren't at serious risk from the disease, and you aren't sure you trust the so called experts, does it make you an idiot for not wanting to take an injection that may or may not even make a difference to you?
Run out and play during a pandemic. Are you F*cking out of your mind, THIS week in MA, covid cases were up to 4600 DAILY because of all the Thanksgiving movement, ,just like it spikes WHENEVER large groups gather. Just to put that number into perspective, last summer we got down to just over 200 cases per day.

Yes there are fewer people dying or having to be hospitalized, but that is more the function of the vaccine. All this proves that the disease is STILL out there, and the longer it lasts the more variants will occur. I find it abhorrent that you propose to abandon ALL the safeguards for the sake of "freedom"? I've always thought of you as one of the smarter posters here, MK\

As for AB, I really like the take Florio is making. Football coaches are like politicians, they lie or defect all the time. But it will be fun to watch Arians squirm amid his hypocrisy, but the effects will last about a week and then disappear.

He had no problem addressing Antonio Brown last week.

Yep.

I’m 4 Pages behind (in reading) so someone probably said already, but.

Ok but the general population earns avg say 60-75K. These guys avg 350K or more. Compare apples to apples. I would bet the crime rate is higher than their peer earners in general.

Last edited:
Run out and play during a pandemic. Are you F*cking out of your mind, THIS week in MA, covid cases were up to 4600 DAILY because of all the Thanksgiving movement, ,just like it spikes WHENEVER large groups gather. Just to put that number into perspective, last summer we got down to just over 200 cases per day.

Yes there are fewer people dying or having to be hospitalized, but that is more the function of the vaccine. All this proves that the disease is STILL out there, and the longer it lasts the more variants will occur. I find it abhorrent that you propose to abandon ALL the safeguards for the sake of "freedom"? I've always thought of you as one of the smarter posters here, MK\

As for AB, I really like the take Florio is making. Football coaches are like politicians, they lie or defect all the time. But it will be fun to watch Arians squirm amid his hypocrisy, but the effects will last about a week and then disappear.
At some point you will realize that the disease is always going to be here. It is almost impossible to catch the disease when you are outside. The responses certainly make me wonder who the idiots really are.

In three weeks, Arians will say, "I talked to AB about it. He understand what he has done is wrong. We have moved on and are focusing on our next opponent."
That's phase 2. Right now we're on Phase 1:

That's phase 2. Right now we're on Phase 1:

He's pissed off because Brown put him in a difficult spot. He said earlier that one more mishap and Brown is gone. Now he's forced to decide whether to keep him or not.

But in Tampa, Brady is the alpha dog and if he wants Brown there he won't get released. In NE, Belichick was the alpha dog and made those decisions without Brady's input.

Re: the NFL, you couldn't hire 3-4 temporary, remote workers to verify all of the vaccination cards around the league that weren't done team facilities? Much like the MLB scandal with the Astros where the league gave teams access to break the rules, and didn't care, this is just human nature. Of course no team is going to want to report their own players for a committing a felony...they'll do the bare minimum check and gladly check the box once they think that's been accomplished.

I just signed up for a continuing education course at a local community college. There are thousands of students. When you enroll, you provide your vaccination card/status. Three days later, they verify them. That's thousands of students...probably done by a few admins. The NFL has less than 2,000 players and said 80% of vaccinations were done at team facilities. So, what? 300 vax cards to be verified by a multi-billion dollar business?

And the way it sounds, there are only a handful of guys on each team who got vaccinated outside of the team facilities...so it's not like there's any need for 1 person to do this role full-time. You probably just have some assed stuff with interns.

Typical NFL buffoonery. Making this process the responsibility of the teams when it would have been simple for them to just verify it using a third-party or centralized system.

Last edited:
LOL, Arians is saying the league needs to look at all the other teams for fake vaccination cards

LOL, Arians is saying the league needs to look at all the other teams for fake vaccination cards

Because he's right. If the league actually cared about this, it would take a weekend to verify every card from teams around the league. It's the same reasoning as Spygate...if you're going to actually investigate something to learn the truth and bring forth accountability, why stop with one team and one complaint? This investigation led to other rumors (like the one with Brown) that many players around the league were doing this. This why sports scandals are always inherently unfair.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back