PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Antonio Brown suspended for lying about vaccination status

Boy the NFL is really sticking to the script this season. AR can do no wrong. It's the Packers title to lose apparently. They are making sure Tom needs to win 3 games to get to the Super Bowl. Watch for some shady officiating if and when they meet in the playoffs. This league is a fecking joke.
The Packers will lose in the NFCCG vs Bucs or different team. It's tradition

I still don't get how people are comparing this to the Rodgers' situation. I hate the guy. He should have been punished far worse than he was. But he didn't lie to the NFL or the Packers. He was honest with his vaccination status with them. He lied to the media. Hell, teams, players, and head coaches lie to the media about players' health all the time.

Antonio Brown, on the other hand, falsified his vaccination status to the Bucs even if ultimately be broke down and got vaccinated. That is potentially a felony. It also makes him a repeat offender of the personal conduct policy. He deserved a harsher punishment that Rodgers. In fact, I think he is getting off lightly too.
Apparently according to Glazer he didn't submit the fake card when somebody told him he'd get in trouble. He did get the fake card, but didn't submit it and git vaccinated instead

Apparently according to Glazer he didn't submit the fake card when somebody told him he'd get in trouble. He did get the fake card, but didn't submit it and git vaccinated instead

Supposedly what happened is earlier in the offseason, they had Alex Gurerro take pictures of players' vaccination cards to show they are vaccinated and he used the fake one at that point, but when they reported to camp he submitted a real vaccination card. So he did use the fake card initially to provide to the team. That is worse than what Rodgers did.

Supposedly what happened is earlier in the offseason, they had Alex Gurerro take pictures of players' vaccination cards to show they are vaccinated and he used the fake one at that point, but when they reported to camp he submitted a real vaccination card. So he did use the fake card initially to provide to the team. That is worse than what Rodgers did.
He's an idiot lmao

Brady is about football and does not need football to keep TB12 going, to say Brady does not care about football anymore might be the most stupid thing I have ever heard. If I was him I would have retired years ago, he is insane to keep playing and keep getting attacked weekly by fans and media for having the nerve to still be good. Now you say that he plays football for his brand? Yeah this is why fans are idiots.

Actually, to twist what I said into "Brady does not care about football anymore" is one of the stupider things said here.

TB12 was created because Giselle showed Brady that football related revenue stops when a player stops playing, just as she faced as a model, unless an equity brand is created that expands and builds longevity. While his day to day focus is on football because he's competitive and loves playing a game, his long term focus is on TB12 and that is entirely built on his promoting himself as an athlete that is breaking the norm for success while aging.

Last edited:
If thats true, then the Bucs were clearly lying when they said there were no irregularities with Browns card. If the team did any investigation at all, they could have seen that he submitted two different cards.

how do you think they GOT wealthy?

In the US today, it is about 80% inheritance, 10% intention/creativity/hard work, 10% being an ahole in high leverage professions such as real estate, the law, and brand management.

If thats true, then the Bucs were clearly lying when they said there were no irregularities with Browns card. If the team did any investigation at all, they could have seen that he submitted two different cards.

Not necessarily. Nothing Arians said would contradict the story that during the offseason the Bucs had players submit pictures of their vaccination cards (with Brown submitting a picture of a fake card) and then not actually submit their actual cards until they reported (where Brown submitted his actual card). Arians talked about the card Brown submitted and didn't speak to whether or not he had a picture of a fake card earlier.

Not necessarily. Nothing Arians said would contradict the story that during the offseason the Bucs had players submit pictures of their vaccination cards (with Brown submitting a picture of a fake card) and then not actually submit their actual cards until they reported (where Brown submitted his actual card). Arians talked about the card Brown submitted and didn't speak to whether or not he had a picture of a fake card earlier.
Florio is exposing Arians bigly here.

Florio is exposing Arians bigly here.

Arians comes out looking the worst here. He went everywhere vouching for Brown when this story broke and now he is proven to either have lied or been duped.

But Florio is right. The Bucs need Brown and Brady will never allow him to be cut for this. Arians will look like a fool for this.

The Bucs, a crap organization, only cares about winning. If they release Brown, Brady won’t be happy. Look how much he pouted when the Pats released Brown for allegations that were far more serious.

Last edited:
Of course they just said he was going to miss the next 2-3 games due to injury. So basically other than the money, it isn't a punishment. He had the veteran minimum base salary. So he will only lose like $150k or so.

Granted if he paid his chef the $10k he owed the guy, he would be $140k or so richer by the end of this month.

rich people who shaft honest service workers and contractors make my skin crawl.. really anyone who shafts people do, but especially rich people who have no excuse whatsoever to screw someone over like that

rich people who shaft honest service workers and contractors make my skin crawl.. really anyone who shafts people do, but especially rich people who have no excuse whatsoever to screw someone over like that
reminds me of the stories about A-Rod leaving servers 2% tips

Arians comes out looking the worst here. He went everywhere vouching for Brown when this story broke and now he is proven to either have lied or been duped.

But Florio is right. The Bucs need Brown and Brady will never allow him to be cut for this. Arians will look like a fool for this.
Arians always looks like a clown so no real loss there. The Bucs are Brady's team. No one will care in week 15 when Brown is back and the Bucs are making another SB run.

"The rules do not apply to me." ~Antonio Brown.

Hmm while I agree the vaccine is probably safer. The disease poses an extremely minimal risk to healthy people under 50. So the risk of dying or getting really really sick for them is basically zero, vs the risk of the vaccine having some unknown side effects or reactions which is greater than zero, I can see some intelligent people making that decision. And before people say what an idiot I am, please provide a list of all the professional athletes who have died from covid.
Like I said to the people that disagree, show me one professionaly athlete who is either dead from covid, or has had his career ended from having the disease. There aren't any. They are being told to take a vaccine for a disease that isn't going to seriously effect them. Calling them idiots for not trusting the experts who had us sanitizing rooms every hour, told us to wear masks outside, told children to stay inside rather than go outside and play, shut down playgrounds and athletic fields, told us not to wear masks, then to wear only certain masks, then to wear any masks. Had sick elderly people sent back to their nursing homes, the list goes on and on. The "experts" have done a piss poor job building trust in their expertise, much of it media driven by the media's political attempts to push their own agenda.

If you aren't at serious risk from the disease, and you aren't sure you trust the so called experts, does it make you an idiot for not wanting to take an injection that may or may not even make a difference to you?

NFL choosing sides and making noise hete. With their golden child AR, not so much.

I'd add Peyton Manning to that list as well. He's a well loved scumbag and people bury their heads in the sand when it comes to his transgressions.

Don't forget his little felon brother, Eli!

My friend owned a landscaping company. The hardest people to get payment from was the wealthy ones.
????????????????

unfortunately for some, as they become more wealthy they get a sense of entitlement and look down on others... "Why should I have to spend the energy writing a check to this peasant! Get lost, or I'll have my lawyer chop you into tiny pieces!"

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back