PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: A Colt's Fan Perspective On This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it angers me when someone calls our SB win a fluke. We have been a very good team for years. We won 4 postseason games in a row and we won it as a team. ... No Super Bowl win is a fluke. It's an amazing thing for an organization to accomplish and I am proud the Colts won one even if we never win another one again.

I agree 100% with you. It's definitely not a fluke. That's what I love about the NFL; it takes an entire organization to get you into the playoffs. To go deep into the playoffs is terrific. To win it all is incredibly difficult! To consistently field a playoff team in the salary cap era is not a fluke. You guys have done it; we've done it. Nobody else has done it. See you again next year!

A little over dramatic are we?

Peyton Manning is still the second best QB in the NFL. And the Colts lost to two teams all year. The Bolts who seem to have the Colts number. And the Patriots. (They didn't play the Titans week 17, so don't split hairs)

Absent wholesale changes in the off season, I don't see any reason to think the Colts won't win the AFC South next year. As of right now I say the toughest team on the Pats schedule next year is the Colts, Bolts are #2.

Seem to have the colts number? The Chargers have beaten the patriots at home too with the same core of players. When will you guys realize the Chargers are just a damn good and elite level football team. The Chargers are BETTER than the Colts AND have more talent on the roster than the patriots do. It was true last year and addding welker thomas and moss still doesn't change that fact. I'm just saying don't be shocked when the chargers come into foxboro and your dissapointed with the outcome.

Seem to have the colts number? The Chargers have beaten the patriots at home too with the same core of players. When will you guys realize the Chargers are just a damn good and elite level football team. The Chargers are BETTER than the Colts AND have more talent on the roster than the patriots do. It was true last year and addding welker thomas and moss still doesn't change that fact. I'm just saying don't be shocked when the chargers come into foxboro and your dissapointed with the outcome.

San Diego: Better linebackers, even in the Dbackfield, Patriots have slightly better D-line when you take depth into account, Offensive lines even, if you add the TE the receivers are even, San Diego better at RB (but not for this particular game with LTs injury). And you're missing the biggest factor of all: We have Tom Brady.

To say the Chargers are more talented is just absolutely ludicrous. I would say they are maybe as talented. But not more talented.

Brady, Maroney, Light, Koppen, Mankins, Moss, Welker, Adalius, Warren, Seymour, Wilfork, Colvin, Vrabel, Samuel.

Rivers, LT, Goff, Dielman, Hardwick, Gates, Castillo, Williams, Phillips, Merriman, Cromartie.

I don't see where you have more talent.

San Diego: Better linebackers, even in the Dbackfield, Patriots have slightly better D-line when you take depth into account, Offensive lines even, if you add the TE the receivers are even, San Diego better at RB (but not for this particular game with LTs injury). And you're missing the biggest factor of all: We have Tom Brady.

To say the Chargers are more talented is just absolutely ludicrous. I would say they are maybe as talented. But not more talented.

Brady, Maroney, Light, Koppen, Mankins, Moss, Welker, Adalius, Warren, Seymour, Wilfork, Colvin, Vrabel, Samuel.

Rivers, LT, Goff, Dielman, Hardwick, Gates, Castillo, Williams, Phillips, Merriman, Cromartie.

I don't see where you have more talent.

Because you forgot Osgood, Kaeding, Scifres, lo neal, marcus mcneil (pro bowl STARTER as a rookie). The Chargers are more complete than the patriots. Yes tom brady is a better qb this season than rivers but I believe Rivers can go toe to toe with brady as he did manning. He may have gone over 350 or possibly 400 yards if he plays the 4th quarter against the nubmer 1 scoring defense in the league.
When you look at the depth the pats have nice depth the Chargers is nicer. Michael Tuner, Jacques Cesaire, Drayton Florence, and Eric Weddle are all solid contributors at key positions corner, RB, DL and safety.

Oh and its not even close in the DBackfield. 30 ints to lead the NFl. Cromartie. SOlid, Jammer Solid pro bowl caliber, Drayton FLorence would start on most the teams in the league. Eric Weddle in the dime package and McCree hitting people like he did reggie wayne at safety and its not close. I know what harrison can do. I'm a chargers fan remember? I also know harrison weaknesses. Fact is he's slow but makes GREAT reads. Rivers has quick release perhaps the quickest in the game today.

Last edited:
you got killed, squashed ,buried and blasted 38-14 THIS season by the Patriots.
"we're better!!!!!"

you're freakin' nuts

Let me understand your point....with less talent we beat you in your own house last yr and we add Moss, Welker, Thomas among others this year and now you are sure you are superior enough to wax us in our own home.....BASED ON WHAT?

Always good to see fans of other teams overrating their players.

QB: NE
RB: SD
OL: NE
WR/TE: NE

DL: NE
LB: Even
DB: NE

The only place that San Diego has an edge is at running back, where Captain Classy and company get the nod. And before you get to bleating about SD's linebackers, break it down: Vrabel is the best LB on either team. The absence of Colvin is what makes it even rather than the Patriots having the edge.

Anything can happen in football, and I've been saying that the Chargers are the only team that concerns me all season, due to their talent level. That being said, their talent level is the second best in the NFL, not the best.

Last edited:
Because you forgot Osgood, Kaeding, Scifres, lo neal, marcus mcneil (pro bowl STARTER as a rookie). The Chargers are more complete than the patriots. Yes tom brady is a better qb this season than rivers but I believe Rivers can go toe to toe with brady as he did manning.
When you look at the depth the pats have nice depth the Chargers is nicer. Michael Tuner, Jacques Cesaire, Drayton Florence, and Eric Weddle are all solid contributors at key positions corner, RB, DL and safety.

Oh and its not even close in the DBackfield. 30 ints to lead the NFl. Cromartie. SOlid, Jammer Solid pro bowl caliber, Drayton FLorence would start on most the teams in the league....Rivers has quick release perhaps the quickest in the game today.

Kassim Osgood? Your 4th receiver? What's so special about him (other than that he's from Boston?)? Is he a good special teamer, because I bet Kelley Washington is better. Is he a good receiver, because I bet Jabar Gaffney is better. Scifres is a good punter but he's no Brian Moorman, and we don't like to brag about our punter because we rarely see him. Kaeding and Gostkowski missed 3 field goals each this year (and both missed one in the last game), so that's a wash. Neal hasn't played in a month and might not play Sunday, Marcus McNeill took a huge step back this year. Randall Gay, Jarvis Green, and Eugene Wilson are all better than their respective Chargers backups, too (Florence, Cesaire, and Weddle).

And Rivers as good as Brady, with as quick a release as him? Whatever you're smoking over there, it must be the good stuff; Rivers will never, ever be able to hold Brady's jock, let alone be compared to him as a QB. Jammer is an okay corner, not Pro Bowl material. Cromartie is a great player, you're actually underselling him by calling him solid. Drayton Florence sucks big-time though. QBs complete 80% of their passes that they target against him. 80%!

Fact is, if the Chargers were a more talented team than the Patriots the last game wouldn't have been a 38-14 embarrassment, and the Chargers would be the team going for 19-0, not the Patriots.

Why did I have a feeling we'd end up here; Charger fans have gone from "Outstanding, with all the injuries, we're just happy to be here, we were 11-5 afterall" to "Our talent is second to none, we're better on both sides of the ball than you are even though you were 16-0"...................Christ, I knew this was coming and it's only Wednesday, by Friday, we'll be back to the same crap we were hearing before the playoff game in SD last year.

The way some of you Charger fans are talking, the Patriots shouldn't even bother to show up Sunday.

I guess the game in week two is a non factor right; sure it is, because it shoots holes in your theories.

Give it a rest.

"The way some of you Charger fans are talking, the Patriots shouldn't even bother to show up Sunday."

They have to make up for everyone in the national media, in New England & the rest of the country.

A woman on 'Around the Horn' got blasted yesterday for suggesting that the Chargers even had a chance. She wasn't even saying that it was probable or a big chance - just that they had a chance. And they destroyed her.

The 1st game was right on the heels of spygate, and actually had a moment in the 3rd quarter when it could have become a 1 score game (after New England fumbled the kickoff, but then the D shut it down).

I wouldn't expect that game again. It may be a double-digit win, but I think it will be more hard fought regardless.

It's waaay too early to be so pessimistic about a team- any team ( well, almost any team). The Colts will re-stock and re-tool and be back next year. There are already lots of rumors about them adding Ocho-Cinco to their WR corp this offseason. So, we'll see, but I do expect them to be back and contending, not falling off the radar screen at all.

Some of my fellow Colts fans are being a little dramatic. This season we had so many losses going into the season that it was almost in many ways a rebuilding year. These young players and rookies will have more experience under their belt. Guys like Gonzalez and Ugoh look to be good picks.

I do not think Harrison will retire. If he does thats fine and he can bow out now. But, he did not even do a thing until the last few weeks before Sunday. He was hurt the entire season and just started working out a few weeks ago. He has a long ways to go before he is in game shape again. He will likely be behind Wayne and Gonzalez in my opinion, but if he wants to come back thats great and he says he wants to.

The Colts lost as a team. I think Manning played a pretty good game, not great. But, what sticks in my mind is that our defense since Freeney has left has been unable to pressure the QB. And it was embarassing to watch the Chargers move up and down the field at will even with backups.

I have a hard time just blaming Manning. But, even if we pulled out that win there is no way we would have been able to get enough pressure on Tom Brady to win the game.

And it angers me when someone calls our SB win a fluke. We have been a very good team for years. We won 4 postseason games in a row and we won it as a team. Many called the Patriots SB win over the Rams a fluke. Give the Colts a shot to get better and healthier again and try to win another one in the next several years. They need some depth at a few positions though.

No Super Bowl win is a fluke. It's an amazing thing for an organization to accomplish and I am proud the Colts won one even if we never win another one again.

When the refs blatantly robbed the Pats both times they played the Colts last year, and changed the outcome in the playoff game (as well as the regular season game if you watch all the terrible calls), than the Colts did not deserve to go to the superbowl.

So a team that doesn't deserve to go to the superbowl wins the superbowl, That is a fluke and won't happen again. You had the #1 defense this year and didn't get it done. We heard for years that Manning would do all the great things Brady does if only he had the defense. The Pats have never fielded the #1 defense in football in the same statistical categories as the Colts did this year. But the Colts gagged again. Even with major help from the refs, which of course is business as usual for Polian's boys.

Maybe you should go back to your Indy fanboy sites where people give a crap what you are sick of hearing or not.

Oh, please. The Colts will be back next year. As long as they have Peyton Manning, they have a chance. They proved that last year. No one will forget Peyton Manning; he's the second-best QB to ever play the game, at least in my opinion.

They'll be back next yr, and they will lose early in the playoffs again next yr. Somethings never change. :D

I always find it so ironic that Pats fans whine about calls in games, after benefitting from the tuck rule and literally dozens of other calls over the years...

"The way some of you Charger fans are talking, the Patriots shouldn't even bother to show up Sunday."

They have to make up for everyone in the national media, in New England & the rest of the country.

A woman on 'Around the Horn' got blasted yesterday for suggesting that the Chargers even had a chance. She wasn't even saying that it was probable or a big chance - just that they had a chance. And they destroyed her.

The 1st game was right on the heels of spygate, and actually had a moment in the 3rd quarter when it could have become a 1 score game (after New England fumbled the kickoff, but then the D shut it down).

I wouldn't expect that game again. It may be a double-digit win, but I think it will be more hard fought regardless.

Before you speak about "that woman on Around the Horn" please find out who she is and where she's from. She's a frickin fraud with no journalistic integrity. She's taken her lead from a plagarist.

Before you speak about "that woman on Around the Horn" please find out who she is and where she's from. She's a frickin fraud with no journalistic integrity. She's taken her lead from a plagarist.

It didn't matter at all who she was. They were attacking what she said, which was the mere idea that the Chargers had any chance at all.

The Colts have plenty of empty cap space, the second best QB in the league (if not all-time), all major players returning (including one of the league's best pass rushers) except possibly Marvin Harrison (who has been eclipsed by Reggie Wayne and replaced by Anthony Gonzalez/Dallas Clark as weapons, anyhow) and it isn't certain their coach won't be back, but even if he is it's likely that the offense, at least, will continue without a hitch as Manning basically coaches that side of the ball anyhow.

To think that the Colts won't have the second-best chance of winning the Super Bowl next year is insane. And if they manage to pick up another ring, this guy's entire post is useless. You can't define a team's legacy until after that team has been entirely broken up... a decade or so down the line, like the Bills, Cowboys, and Broncos of the 1990s today.

They have plenty of cap space and plety of FA too, especailly on their OL. Polian always mortgagted their future for every season. Also, they just extended Sanders and Freeney for BIG money.

It didn't matter at all who she was. They were attacking what she said, which was the mere idea that the Chargers had any chance at all.

Her name is Jackie McMullan and she talks out of both sides of her ass. They were calling her out to do a column for the paper she writes for , our own Boston Globe, stating the exact same thing. Did you ever stop to think they were calling her out because she forms 18 different kinds of opinions, states things as fact and then when proven wrong, never admits it? SHE is one of the reasons BB hates the media.

Her name is Jackie McMullan and she talks out of both sides of her ass. They were calling her out to do a column for the paper she writes for , our own Boston Globe, stating the exact same thing. Did you ever stop to think they were calling her out because she forms 18 different kinds of opinions, states things as fact and then when proven wrong, never admits it? SHE is one of the reasons BB hates the media.

It didn't occur to me, because they weren't calling her out for any of that.

As I said, their focus was entirely on the notion that the Chargers had a snowball's chance in hell in the game. I heard what they were saying; she was just a prop for their opinions on that topic, and that topic alone. They thought the idea that ANYONE would say the Chargers had a prayer was laughable.

I would imagine that many of the Pats fans who downplay "only" one Superbowl win and call it a "fluke" and denigrate it as "one and done" are young Pats fans.

All they know is success. They don't know what it is like to search for 10-15 years to just find a decent quarterback, or to go 5-6 years without even making the playoffs. They don't know what it's like to sit in the cellar looking up at the team that has managed to hold the division for a half a decade or more.

To many, many fans in the league, a Superbowl win is an unbelievable achievement, and not to be downplayed just because you can't turn one win into a dynasty. And last year's AFCCG was no fluke for Manning. I'm still amazed that, with arguably one of the biggest monkeys on his back in the history of sports, against the nemesis that was largely responsible for putting it there, he was able to bring that team back from 21-3 down.

Did he get some breaks from the Pats during that comeback? Sure. Did Tom Brady get some breaks from the Rams, or from the tuck rule, or from San Diego fumbling his otherwise game-ending INT in last year's playoff game?

Yea, how many phantom PI penalties calls do colts get ? and our injuries/Flu n our Defense caught up with us. Still Brady almost pulled it out.

Yet we gave no excuses.

Bottomline...Pats shut up and play.....Colts and your GM continually whine and still lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes