PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: A “journalist” is highly critical of Tom Brady’s son being ball boy

Rob Parker and Deadspin are a match made in hell. I don't know what happened to Deadspin over the last decade but they used to have a lot of funny content. Now they write these holier than thou articles and just crap on absolutely everything. A constant stream of negativity and manufactured outrage over nothing.

I wonder what it must be like to be so angry every day that you are irate over a 14 year old ball boy. And to think he believes it is because Brady is white and not the GOAT Qb who just delivered a ring in year one to the losingest franchise in NFL history.
I don’t think he’s angry, he’s just contriving controversy to keep a job and acting angry. If his shtick wasn’t sensationalism, he wouldn’t care about this kid doing a kid thing.

Is this a Patriots forum?

Is this a Patriots forum?
Over It Whatever GIF

Rob Parker is not worth your time. Sadly, a lot of sports talk nowadays consists of the he/said she/said rhetoric accept in most cases its two men where each take the opposite chair in debate with a contrarian approach. Society loves it though. Sadly there are a lot of sheep out there that eat it up.

I mean, the nepotism problem he is talking about does exist. The under representation of Black people in management position does exist too.

However the leaps he is making from Tom Brady's son to that problem is utterly ridiculous. Tom Brady gets that privilege not because he is white, he is getting it because he is the GOAT. He would not get that privilege in New England.

The two issues are not related whatsoever, IMO. Well, Jack getting a summer job as a ballboy is not what I would even call an "issue". It is just a fun story.
His argument is since the majority of the players are black the majority of coaches should be. But most coaches are career coaches not players, and most players don’t want to be coaches.
The interesting research would be how does the racial makeup of coaches, including assistants, compare to the makeup of players. Including career coaches seems to cloud the point.

He made a point that belichick has 2 kids on the staff, but ignored that he has 4 former players on the coaching staff and 3 are black.

Last edited:
I mean, the nepotism problem he is talking about does exist. The under representation of Black people in management position does exist too.

However the leaps he is making from Tom Brady's son to that problem is utterly ridiculous. Tom Brady gets that privilege not because he is white, he is getting it because he is the GOAT. He would not get that privilege in New England.

The two issues are not related whatsoever, IMO. Well, Jack getting a summer job as a ballboy is not what I would even call an "issue". It is just a fun story.

I'll just leave this here.

Mahomes recalls shagging fly balls as a boy with Mets

Your point being? That Black people can be privileged too?

The point is that people, regardless of race, often like having their kids nearby. The point is that people, regardless of race, often help those they know get entry level jobs. The point is that you agreed with that idiot about a complete non-issue, and foolishly agreed with the false idea that it's a problem.

I'm 100% convinced that Parker's ultimate goal is to goad Brady into some kind of confrontation that he can cash in on for the rest of his life.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back