PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 2021 NFL QB Prospects List or 1st Round Discussion

Totally agree. Hell no on Trask. Scouting report on Trask is he folds in any pass rush, has bad feet, and a below average arm. Plus you know the worst talent evaluator in the entire league Josh McDaniels would be all over pushing for another Tim Tebow bust pick.

I agree with most of what you're saying. He has a few good qualities though and has a few we like. The attitude, mentality, toughness. He also has sneaky accuracy, placement at times. Scouts, NFL big shots tend to focus on what someone can do as opposed to what they can't. So I think we'll be somewhat if not all interested but we'll see how it plays out. I wouldn't hate him in the 3rd if we're sticking with Cam. Moving on from Hoyer and possibly Stid.

When scouting a college qb, measuring the tangible qualities is easy. Height, weight, arm strength, mobility, leadership and decision making.

The things that are hard to measure are heart, courage and desire. Also what I look for is can a qb make the other players around him better?

I watched montana do it at notre dame. I watched Peyton do it at tenn. I watched luck do it at Stanford. I am watching Lawrence do it at Clemson right now.

the most fascinating college qb of all time though is Brady. He was stuck sharing time with a vastly superior athlete, but a guy lacking desire. Brady bailed that team out all year after the other guy screwed it up, but because of the time sharing, Brady never got the proper recognition for his ability and desire.

Zach wilson... Hope he falls off the draft and we pick him and redshirt him for a season . If wishes were horses.. one good thing is alex smith is playing great .. so washington might be off the qb race...

The reality is if we want Wilson we'll have to trade up to 3rd/4th. There may be no better time to do it than this year if we really like someone though.

In honor of one of my favorite 80's cartoon theme songs and something I've been singing in my head since March, I hope we pick up Tra Tra Tra Trask - T.R.A.S.K! He's the mighty power that can save the day (based off of zero analysis). Maybe he'll run a 5.2 40 or something and fall to the lower rounds and get bitterly vengeful.

In honor of one of my favorite 80's cartoon theme songs and something I've been singing in my head since March, I hope we pick up Tra Tra Tra Trask - T.R.A.S.K! He's the mighty power that can save the day (based off of zero analysis). Maybe he'll run a 5.2 40 or something and fall to the lower rounds and get bitterly vengeful.

No thanks on Tim Tebow 2.0

The reality is if we want Wilson we'll have to trade up to 3rd/4th. There may be no better time to do it than this year if we really like someone though.
It would seem that it would take at least 2 firsts and a second to move into the top 5.

i do not want Fields or any other Ohio State QB.

Jacksonville can have him.

Zach wilson... Hope he falls off the draft and we pick him and redshirt him for a season . If wishes were horses.. one good thing is alex smith is playing great .. so washington might be off the qb race...
Well if we have to have another bridge year, I would rather have Alex Smith.

Wilson, at best, will be the 3rd QB selected. Maybe the 4th after Trey Lance. May have to trade into the top 10, but I don’t think QBs go 1-2-3-4 in the draft.

Trask lost 2 major producing WRs to the 2020 draft.

Van Jefferson 657 yds - 6 TDs Van Jefferson College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
Freddie Swain 517 yds - 7 TDs Freddie Swain College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
1174 yds - 13 Tds asta lavista

Lawrence lost over 2600 yards from last years offense and has not lost a beat.

he has made a bench guy like Powell look like one of the best in the acc.

much like Haskins, it is hard to know what you have with a qb that has a year plus of starts in college.

I have a third round grade on trask, lance and Jones.

Nothing like Tebow. The only thing they have in common is the college they played for, and they are QBs. That’s about it.
He is obviously not watching the kid play. Similarities to Burrows, coming out of obscurity and have a really great year. I was skeptical on Burrows because of that, but he clearly is an NFL QB and looks like he will be an excellent one at that. Hopefully he returns to the same level post injury. He is fun to watch.

Guys who have one really good college season and then come out are always a risk. But Trask looks good.

Just say no to fields. I don’t think he can be good in the NFL against real Defenses

Zach Wilson or Kyle Trask and I will be happy!

Zach Wilson or Kyle Trask and I will be happy!
Barring something major changing for Wilson, or some guy not on the radar now bumping him during the Senior Bowl, or us jumping up to the top 10 Wilson probably won't be there. But that is who I want.

Jets will or should take Trevor (unless he goes back to school)
Jax will probably take Fields
Carolina or Philly could take QBs
Washington will probably take a QB

That is potentially, Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson and Trask right there.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back