PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 2021 NFL QB Prospects List or 1st Round Discussion

Are there any 6th rounders with GOAT potential?

If there are 6 QB's potential in the 1st round, we could still pick up someone. Not every team that picks before us wants or needs a QB, some already picked their QB's last year .

If there are 6 QB's potential in the 1st round, we could still pick up someone. Not every team that picks before us wants or needs a QB, some already picked their QB's last year .

Brady was picked 7th among QBs. Just saying

even if one of the two Alabama stud receivers are available in the first when we pick?

Yes. Have zero trust in this staff for wr picks. If McDaniels is for it then the kid is a bust. Go with what we know. DE/DT or LB or OLine with the first rounder.

The staff did very well finding Garoppolo in the 2nd round. Maybe we should let them pick a 1st or 2nd round QB?

Yes. Have zero trust in this staff for wr picks. If McDaniels is for it then the kid is a bust. Go with what we know. DE/DT or LB or OLine with the first rounder.

I wish I could refute you, but the evidence clearly shows you are clearly correct,

bb has had success with first round defensive lineman as long as they have not had multiple acl surgeries.

The staff did very well finding Garoppolo in the 2nd round. Maybe we should let them pick a 1st or 2nd round QB?

Which DE/DT would you like in the First ?
Based on the draft this seems like a loaded DE/DT draft. Like a half dozen studs who will all be gone in the first round. There's even a Georgia guy ala Seymour who they say can play both DE or a tweener DT...

Based on the draft this seems like a loaded DE/DT draft. Like a half dozen studs who will all be gone in the first round. There's even a Georgia guy ala Seymour who they say can play both DE or a tweener DT...

The two guys i like for the first are rousseau and Paye in the range we are picking. Paye might be the better fit for us

I think we have to prepare to accept that we won't be getting a franchise QB in this draft, and we will be living with another re-tread FA QB next season. Super disappointing to be at the end of QB consistency.

I think we have to prepare to accept that we won't be getting a franchise QB in this draft, and we will be living with another re-tread FA QB next season. Super disappointing to be at the end of QB consistency.

It will take time. Which is why we still need a vet QB stop gap next year, I'm fine with Cam for another year. But I don't see some magical answer taking a first round QB next year. Maybe hope Mac Jones drops and get him later, and develop him over a year.

Under the radar QB Davis Mills from Stanford.

IDL is probably the weakest position overall. DE is more depth than top heavy talent. The kid from Bama might sneak in the 1st but I doubt anyone else does tbh. And if you're talking about Davis from UG, he'll go closer to round 3-4 than 1 or 2.
The two guys i like for the first are rousseau and Paye in the range we are picking. Paye might be the better fit for us
Paye is the one guy that stands out for us early on. Especially if he performs anywhere close to expectations put out. Dude could have a memorable combine ... 3C reported at 6.37 weighing around 270. Bill might explode. Few other Michigan guys that should get a look from us as well.

IDL is probably the weakest position overall. DE is more depth than top heavy talent. The kid from Bama might sneak in the 1st but I doubt anyone else does tbh. And if you're talking about Davis from UG, he'll go closer to round 3-4 than 1 or 2.

Paye is the one guy that stands out for us early on. Especially if he performs anywhere close to expectations put out. Dude could have a memorable combine ... 3C reported at 6.37 weighing around 270. Bill might explode. Few other Michigan guys that should get a look from us as well.

Interesting. I was going off multiple mock drafts where I saw several DE/DTs off the board in the first 15 picks...

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back