PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opt-Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even close.

Cowboys have 3 opt-outs and they are the only other team with more than 2 opt-outs (Patriots up to 8).

10 teams have 100% of players opting-in (including Tampa Bay).

12 teams have 1 opt-out. 9 teams have 2 opt-outs.

Overall the league is running at about a 98% Opt-In rate.
I’m withholding theories until I see what the final numbers are regarding players opting out and if the Patriots end up being as far out of whack as they currently are.

Taking advantage of the Opt-Out clause could be an offensive strategy of the Pats. What is BB up to?

Yeah, 1 sentence.

Your lack of expertise in global aviation safety isn't needed in this conversation on COVID-19 opt-outs from the NFL.

Go be wrong somewhere else about something else.

Bruinz, I wasted way too much time on the make-believe brigade today. Believe what you want to. If you want me to, substantiate it. Given the amount of rubbish out there from the pretender-in-chief on down, it'll be an uphill battle for ya.

With an intro and an outro. Sorry to exceed your limited capacity.

That's a no? You can't summarize your calculated "rates" in 2 sentences?

Not even 2 run-on sentences?

I’m withholding theories until I see what the final numbers are regarding players opting out and if the Patriots end up being as far out of whack as they currently are.

I certainly can't think of any plausible explanation.

Today was listening to a national radio show in the background and they were discussing the topic, one of the guests said (paraphrasing) "the complexity of the calculus being done by the Patriots far exceeds that of any other NFL team"...and he wasn't kidding.

69% of the league has either 0 or 1 player opting out -- so Pat's are running at a rate 800%++ vs. that group.

28% of the league currently has 2 opt-outs -- Pat's running 400% greater vs. that group.

Coincidence?

I certainly can't think of any plausible explanation.

Today was listening to a national radio show in the background and they were discussing the topic, one of the guests said (paraphrasing) "the complexity of the calculus being done by the Patriots far exceeds that of any other NFL team"...and he wasn't kidding.

69% of the league has either 0 or 1 player opting out -- so Pat's are running at a rate 800%++ vs. that group.

28% of the league currently has 2 opt-outs -- Pat's running 400% greater vs. that group.

Coincidence?
Well right now the working theory is the Patriots (i.e. Belichick) told the players he supports them 100% oh but hey, whatever you’re doing, couldja’ do it quickly instead of waiting?

That theory would imply that the rest of the League will catch up to NE, give or take, before the deadline strikes. So I anticipate an interesting week ahead.

That's a no? You can't summarize your calculated "rates" in 2 sentences?

Not even 2 run-on sentences?

You're not a serious player, you're a serious waste of time though. Bye bye.

Well the deadline is officially Thursday afternoon. I don’t know what, if anything, management had to give up to get that concession.

OPT OUTS: 48

20-24: 11
25-29: 28
30-34: 9

OL: 13
DL: 10
FB/TE: 5
RB: 2
WR: 7
LB: 6
DB: 5

AFCE: NEP (8) NYJ (2) BUF (2) MIA (0)
AFCN: BAL (2) CIN (2) CLE (2) PIT (0)
AFCS: JAC (2) TEN (1) HOU (1) IND (0)
AFCW: KC (2) DEN (2) LV (2) LAC (0)

NFCE: DAL (3) NYG (2) PHI (1) WAS (2)
NFCN: DET (2) CHI (2) MIN (1) GB (1)
NFCS: NO (2) CAR (2) ATL (0) TB (0)
NFCW: LAR (1) SEA (1) ARZ (0) SF (0)

- The numbers in the US are fictitious as well. From the claim that there have been 160K deaths to the total number infected (4.6M). Even the CDC has said that there have been less than 60K deaths where COVID was the actual COD

If any of this had even a slight amount of merit you'd hear this theory thrown at you consistently during the daily campaign rallies "health briefings". But not even that guy is touching this "theory" even though between all the other lies it would be very pragmatic for him to do so.

Last edited:
None of those numbers are correct.
- China has lied about ALL their numbers. The fact is that they had cases dating back to September 2019.

- The numbers in the US are fictitious as well. From the claim that there have been 160K deaths to the total number infected (4.6M). Even the CDC has said that there have been less than 60K deaths where COVID was the actual COD.
I’m not trying to be sassy, but you believe there have been less than 60k deaths due to the virus and that the number of « positives » is wrong as well ?

To believe that means that you think your govt is trying to lie to you about the severity of Covid and that measures to fight the virus are bogus. So, you might be suggesting your country is limiting happiness, economics, and education for some unknown reason... Seems like a stretch.

I’m starting to see where you guys went wrong.

Don't be irritated. We look for smart players.

Frustration is probably a better word. I support any player on the team that wants to Opt Out (especially Lacosse), but its pretty weird that the Pats have a way higher rate of opt outs right now than any other team

Perhaps its a bit of the Brady effect, would as many players have opted out if Brady was still here?

Frustration is probably a better word. I support any player on the team that wants to Opt Out (especially Lacosse), but its pretty weird that the Pats have a way higher rate of opt outs right now than any other team

Perhaps its a bit of the Brady effect, would as many players have opted out if Brady was still here?
There could be many reasons for the opt outs :

*30 somethings have often made good $
*NE players who opted out, I suspect, are better with their $ than the avg player in the League
*Guys like Chung, Bolden, HT have multiple SB rings, they aren’t « chasing championships »

Apparently this year there won't be a limit on how many players can return from IR and they can after 3 weeks:

What would brady have to do with their concerns about their families and not having to either stay away from them for 6 months, miss their child’s birth or newborn babies first few months, of risk infecting them?
This conspiracy theory that patriots players are giving up because they know the team sucks is completely ridiculous.

There could be many reasons for the opt outs :

*30 somethings have often made good $
*NE players who opted out, I suspect, are better with their $ than the avg player in the League
*Guys like Chung, Bolden, HT have multiple SB rings, they aren’t « chasing championships »
Players who have won championships are as of more likely to want to win another than players hanging around to “chase” one.

What would brady have to do with their concerns about their families and not having to either stay away from them for 6 months, miss their child’s birth or newborn babies first few months, of risk infecting them?
This conspiracy theory that patriots players are giving up because they know the team sucks is completely ridiculous.

lol conspiracy theory? I pointed out that its odd Patriot players are opting out at a much higher rate than other teams (so far), and asked the question on if there could be any correlation to Brady not being here anymore

Players might be on the fence about a decision, and losing the GOAT QB might help make that decision easier for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News