PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opt-Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadline has passed and because opting in ot out is relatively straight forward I'd wager that we have a complete list now, unlike trade deadlines where some announcements trickle in. Also, based on individual circumstances players can still opt out going forward.
Sounds like players either have to be determined high risk or have a family member hospitalized from the virus (at minimum)...

"Zero non-cast off players signed" and being contacted by "an unexpected high number of players" in reference to playing with TB12 are not mutually exclusive conditions.
You are just playing dumb now.

So you think ESPN pays Schefter $1.2 million per-annum to be wrong 100% of the time?
now you are playing dumber
1) he was wrong it’s not debatable
2) me saying he was wrong about this, which he was, is not close to saying he is wrong 100% of the time it is saying he was wrong this time
3) you are saying that because of how much the box is at ESPN pay him he must be right. Even when he is priced wrong. Because you know all this and are creating a false narrative.
4) take your statement replace shifter with mort and let’s talk about 11 of 12 footballs.

Why would he put that info into the space if he didn't think it was accurate? Who gains anything by him doing so?
I don’t really care what he thought or WHY he was wrong, but you aren’t going to convince me that despite all evidence he must be right because you think he wishes yo be right.

You are aware that agents and teams and even players mislead the media to get stories planted right?

You too are entitled to your opinion.

In general I'm skeptical about the media but Schefter has been working the NFL for 30 years and has been employed by ESPN (again, not a fan) for 10+ and if media reports are accurate makes over $1 million per year...

...surely he must occasionally get good information.

As for "unidentified sources"...their status as on-going sources 100% hinges on Schefter not identifying them...suggesting the info is no good just because the source is "unidentified" is not logical in any way.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but what rationale do you suggest would motivate Schefter to just make that up and put it into the space?
I learned this a long time ago, but I never listen to a word the media, players or coaches say.

Schefty has been wrong a lot and completely botched the Jimmy G situation in NE doubling down he'd never get traded. He's very bitter about it and occasionally gets teased on ESPN when Jimmy G comes up in the conversation (which he doesn't like).

You too are entitled to your opinion.

In general I'm skeptical about the media but Schefter has been working the NFL for 30 years and has been employed by ESPN (again, not a fan) for 10+ and if media reports are accurate makes over $1 million per year...

...surely he must occasionally get good information.

As for "unidentified sources"...their status as on-going sources 100% hinges on Schefter not identifying them...suggesting the info is no good just because the source is "unidentified" is not logical in any way.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but what rationale do you suggest would motivate Schefter to just make that up and put it into the space?

I never wrote that Schefter fabricated the report. He tweeted about something he probably thought was legitimate at that time. As I wrote in a previous post, it probably either came from Brady's agent or someone else close to him or a member of the Bucs organization (front office or coaching staff). At the time, one of the topics of discussion was the fact that the anticipated bidding war for Brady never materialized (also an incorrect twitter report prior to the start of free agency) and he was forced to settle for the Bucs offer. Brady's good buddy in Tennessee decided to pass on signing him and backed up the Brinks truck for Tanny, which likely lead to some public embarrassment for Brady

In that environment, it makes sense that team Brady or team Tampa would want a Schefter tweet, or two, to be posted that numerous free agent veterans were calling the Bucs about playing with Brady. Nobody is 100% correct, including Schefter and most of these insiders are smart enough to know that they are sold a bill of goods sometimes. In return, they are fed real information on a regular basis.

Nobody took a discount to sign with Brady. That is a fact. It is not a stretch to, therefore, conclude that the Bucs' phones were clearly NOT ringing off the hook in response to Brady joining them. Schefter wasn't lying, he was just likely fed bad information, with the intent of swaying public perception about the signing.

1) he was wrong it’s not debatable

I don’t really care what he thought or WHY he was wrong, but you aren’t going to convince me that despite all evidence he must be right because you think he wishes yo be right.

You are aware that agents and teams and even players mislead the media to get stories planted right?

I believe it is debatable.

As previously stated, you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes, I am aware....in fact Cam's camp fed Schefter some very dubious info back in October which he ran with --- turned out to be completely wrong.

Oh well...it's ok to agree to disagree.

Cheers mate.

upload_2020-8-7_22-8-42.png

I believe it is debatable.

As previously stated, you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes, I am aware....in fact Cam's camp fed Schefter some very dubious info back in October which he ran with --- turned out to be completely wrong.

Oh well...it's ok to agree to disagree.

Cheers mate.

View attachment 28077
But you said shefter is never wrong.
It’s ok to admit you were wrong.
Your argument is that the phones were ringing off the hook with players begging to go to Tampa. Zero players sign.
Your counter is the guy you just showed us wrong on stuff, said it do it has to be true.
There is zero evidence other than a tweet from a guy who you admit gets it wrong.
Give up.

But you said shefter is never wrong.

It’s ok to admit you were wrong.

Your argument is that the phones were ringing off the hook with players begging to go to Tampa. Zero players sign.

Your counter is the guy you just showed us wrong on stuff, said it do it has to be true.

There is zero evidence other than a tweet from a guy who you admit gets it wrong.

Give up.

Total BS.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Didn't say it here but in past did say there was zero chance Patriots would ever sign Cam -- wrong!

I cited a tweet by Schefter saying "an unexpected high number of players" reached out to Buc's....nobody said anything about "begging"...#FakeNews on your part.

Let me ask you a question, what kind of players would reach out to the Buc's in this scenario? How would you categorize them?

"Zero players" signing and "an number of players" reaching out are not mutually exclusive.

Actually there is some evidence...Gronk is now on their roster.

Oh yeah, he's the only one who had interest....that's it.

Last edited:
serious question...what did YOU think when Mort told the sporting world that all Patriots footballs in the game with Indy were two pounds under the legal limit?

serious question...what did YOU think when Mort told the sporting world that all Patriots footballs in the game with Indy were two pounds under the legal limit?
He thought: "what would Lester Munson think." :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back