PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OPINION: New England likely Lito Shepherd's '08 team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New England likely Lito Shepherd's '08 team

Although I am not sure the Pats would actually trade for Shepard, the tandem of Shepard, Bryant, and Hobbs is an upgrade in my eyes over Samuel, Gay, and Hobbs (assuming Shepard can stay healthy). Samuel is better than Shepard, but Bryant is better than Gay.

If the Pats want to move back to more of a press coverage, Shepard is actually better suited for the Pats' defense than Samuel. I think the Pats have moved more to a zone coverage set in part because of the chuck rule emphasis and also in part because Samuel's man skills sucks and he his a very good zone CB.

exactly what I was trying to say thank you

This division is a cake walk you show me a Buffalo team that goes to the playoffs and I'll show you a hockey team. Bills aint seeing the playoffs this year of any other year for at least 2 years. Jets umm...please dont make me laugh. They still need a decent QB, not even a good one. Dolphins... :rofl:

exactly what I was trying to say thank you

This division is a cake walk you show me a Buffalo team that goes to the playoffs and I'll show you a hockey team. Bills aint seeing the playoffs this year of any other year for at least 2 years. Jets umm...please dont make me laugh. They still need a decent QB, not even a good one. Dolphins... :rofl:

except you know, the buffalo hockey team this year.

except you know, the buffalo hockey team this year.

good point and honestly I knew that going in but had to use it for lack of a better comparisson. How about the Bisons they are pretty good and they are in Buffalo

Now that the draft is over and the dust is beginning to clear, does anyone else think that the Patriots might still acquire Lito Shepard? It seems to me that this would conclusively solve any problems we might still have after Asante's departure. And it would be right in line with the Cory Dillion, Randy Moss tradition of snagging proven veterans.

I'm down in Philly and honeslty i don't think Lito is going anywhere. Eagles fans arn't overly eager about shipping him out unless its an off they can't refuse. I would love to see Lito at as pat but in the NFC east if the Eagles can afford to keep him it might be a wise move. Its never a bad thing to have a pair of shut down corners

I'm down in Philly and honeslty i don't think Lito is going anywhere. Eagles fans arn't overly eager about shipping him out unless its an off they can't refuse.
The fans run the team down there? That might explain a few things...

I'm down in Philly and honeslty i don't think Lito is going anywhere. Eagles fans arn't overly eager about shipping him out unless its an off they can't refuse. I would love to see Lito at as pat but in the NFC east if the Eagles can afford to keep him it might be a wise move. Its never a bad thing to have a pair of shut down corners

I actually live down here in So Jersey.... If there is one thing that a sure thing, it's the Eagles brass listens to no one... especially the fans.:)

Since we have an extra second rounder, I could see the pats shipping off there third rounder for Lito.

Ya it would be great to use a second rounder and third but aren't the Eagles looking for a 1st and 3rd, if it was just a second don't you think he would have moved on draft day. And you can argue the team might be better off if they let the fan run it...this is the same team that last year traded their first rounder then drafted QB kevin kolb in the second round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back