PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, letting Bennett go looks like a huge mistake.

Honestly considering that Allen has yet to get a catch its looking more like a mistake now than it was before the season started.

I'm guessing that neither of you watched Bennet's play during the Packers game last night.

The Texans defense is among the best in the league. The offensive line better be solid (certainly better than they were against a weak Saints defense) to protect our offensive weapons. If Amendola returns, the short passing game should be back to somewhere near normal. It was good to see White catching the short dump passes like he did last year.

yeah, when they arent missing both starting corners and their best linebacker...

Honestly considering that Allen has yet to get a catch its looking more like a mistake now than it was before the season started.

As to what more do we want from the offense? How about scoring more than 3 points in the 4th Q over 2 games. You might point out that we didn't have Gronk in the 4Q against NO. But that just highlights how not getting a competent TE2 hurts the team.

Luckily we were up against a NO defense that Brady absolutely shredded in the 1st half. If that Pats only manage 17 points instead of 30 in the 1st half then the game might have been much more... interesting... in the 2nd half.

The Pats had a 20 point lead in the 4th qtr, how many points would you like them to score? I'll bet that 4th qtr punt really pissed you off.:rolleyes:

Yes...if they scored only 17 instead of 30 in the first half they would not be as lucky...or good.;)

I'm guessing that neither of you watched Bennet's play during the Packers game last night.

Agreed I thought he was a disappointment with us and was horrible last night with the falcons

They let off on the gas in the 2nd half. It was pretty clear and even Romo remarked on it. If they had "only" scored 17 points in the first half, they probably would not have done so.

We can beat Houston with our 2nd team and practice squad players. That dumpster fire BoB calls a football team should present no difficulties. Haven't seen any snap from Carolina though but the low scoring they are putting on offense so far doesn't impress me.

We can beat Houston with our 2nd team and practice squad players. That dumpster fire BoB calls a football team should present no difficulties. Haven't seen any snap from Carolina though but the low scoring they are putting on offense so far doesn't impress me.

Olson is also out 6-8 weeks so one less player to worry about.

yeah, when they arent missing both starting corners and their best linebacker...
And from the team we remember from last year the Texans also lost A.J. Bouye this offseason.

Bennett's play was awful last night against Falcons. He looked like we wasn't giving 100% effort. He wasn't blocking well, catching properly and seemed lost out there. Rodgers was visibly frustrated when targeting Bennett and he didn't make plays.

As to what more do we want from the offense? How about scoring more than 3 points in the 4th Q over 2 games. You might point out that we didn't have Gronk in the 4Q against NO. But that just highlights how not getting a competent TE2 hurts the team.

Luckily we were up against a NO defense that Brady absolutely shredded in the 1st half. If that Pats only manage 17 points instead of 30 in the 1st half then the game might have been much more... interesting... in the 2nd half.

You're missing the point; Bennett turned down an extension midseason, and then spent his post Super Bowl interview talking about how SB winners are overpaid in free agency. And as others have pointed out, he didn't look very good with GB.

I'm not saying that the offense is perfect, but your hypothetical is ridiculous. Let's just remove 13 first-half points from the Saints, too. Then we're preserving a shut out in the second half (but we blew it, because our defense sucks, amirite??).

You're missing the point; Bennett turned down an extension midseason, and then spent his post Super Bowl interview talking about how SB winners are overpaid in free agency. And as others have pointed out, he didn't look very good with GB.

I'm not saying that the offense is perfect, but your hypothetical is ridiculous. Let's just remove 13 first-half points from the Saints, too. Then we're preserving a shut out in the second half (but we blew it, because our defense sucks, amirite??).
And the craziest thing of all is he accepted the same amount from Green Bay that the Patriot's offered. So he didn't get his post SB payday he was expecting.

And the craziest thing of all is he accepted the same amount from Green Bay that the Patriot's offered. So he didn't get his post SB payday he was expecting.
He probably realized later that he shouldn't have said anything to hurt his chances at a big pay check. :D

Bennett was quite clear that he wanted to move on. People need to stop with the tired narrative that it was a "mistake" to let Bennett go. Our offense has put up 27 and 36 points, and that's with numerous injuries and misfires. If we executed cleanly, today was a 50+ point demolition. As it was, Brady threw for ~ 450 yards. What more do you want from the offense?
How many times are we going to hear that this year? "If the Pats did this ____ would've went differently for the offense".

Good bounce back win, but I'm not sold on this defense, and the team continues to get injured.

What are the odds Edelman returns by the division round?

What are the odds Edelman returns by the division round?

Zero. That would mean a 4 month recovery for a torn ACL. Simply unheard of.

And from the team we remember from last year the Texans also lost A.J. Bouye this offseason.

Shocked they couldn't get him resigned he was key to that defense.

My guess is that the Patriots will sign a WR or two to strengthen the offense. Brady would be okay if Kenbrell Thompkis came back, I imagine. Tony Washington is unsigned and he looked okay in camp.

So who do they cut or IR to bring some people off the scrap heap in ?

So much wrong in so few words.

Allen is primarily a blocking TE (and among the best in the league). If you expected someone that excels at receiving as well then this disappointment is on you. He has been playing pretty well for what his role has been so far.

Enough has been said about the KC game but have you ever watched a football game where a team has a big lead in your life before @NO on Sunday ? The opponent at that point becomes the clock and not who they are playing and scoring becomes less important than running the down time.

Finally it has nothing to do with luck. After seeing them carving up the Saints in the first half at will I am pretty confident that if necessary they would have had another 2-3 excellent drives in them in necessary.

Putting up close to a 40-burger on the Saints but people keep predictably *****ing about the offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey