PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
But hey, let's pay brady below 20 because Bill mishandled the cap and has a 13 mil dead spot with brady wether hes here or not.

Bill is a genius but he ****ed this one up really badly
Couldn’t agree more. This could have been resolved by signing a smarter 3 year deal committing to Tom last off-season. If I’m reading some of the new CBA news correctly, they now have an increased ability to add some balloon-type salary years to the end of contracts (no 30% rule) which would allow NE to spread out the cap hit if they signed a 3 or 4 year deal. I’m holding out like 2% hope that’s the game they’ve been playing.

BOB would be pulling a George Costanza trying to get fired by the Yankees if he traded Hopkins.

Whats next, 100% cotton uniforms?

$62m guaranteed for Tanny.

Tom has to be like WTF
And that $62 million is understating things because his 2022 salary becomes fully guaranteed prior to the 2021 season. The only way he doesn’t get $91 million is if they cut him after one year and $62 million.

And that $62 million is understating things because his 2022 salary becomes fully guaranteed prior to the 2021 season. The only way he doesn’t get $91 million is if they cut him after one year and $62 million.
OMG

Not sure what to believe. However, Hopkins’ name did float around during last year’s trade deadline. Also, you’d think HOU would be foolish to trade him, but when you put their cap/draft situation in context, it actually makes some sense. They’re in cap hell, don’t have any top picks in 2020 or 2021 AND this is apparently a deep WR class. Only thing is, it seems as if HOU is “attempting” to be in win-now mode. That being said, I’d love to have him.

Not sure what to believe. However, Hopkins’ name did float around during last year’s trade deadline. Also, you’d think HOU would be foolish to trade him, but when you put their cap/draft situation in context, it actually makes some sense. They’re in cap hell, don’t have any top picks in 2020 or 2021 AND this is apparently a deep WR class. Only thing is, it seems as if HOU is “attempting” to be in win-now mode. That being said, I’d love to have him.
I’ll take Hopkins and Fuller for a first and. Third
WR fixed

Something we haven't seen used in a while.. Exclusive Franchise Tag Placed on DAK.

Bungles put the Franchise tag on AJ Green.. Am I the only one who thinks that is pretty stupid of them??

Devonta Freeman YES

Adios Burkhead for me.

Devonta Freeman - stats

Spend resources elsewhere. We still have Harris who got the James white rookie treatment. I’m rebuilding the OL and attempting to fix TE/WR before I think about adding another rb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3