PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see how they could bring him back based on their cap situation.

Another extension, another year of passing an even bigger pile of dead cap down the line. At some point they will get to so much dead money that they will have to survive a year with 52 UDFAs or vet min guys and Michael Thomas.

" 26.5% pass rush win rate since 2018 (2nd in NFL)"

Maybe his eyesight should be checked since he can't seem to find the QB's.

Lol fans also trashing these stats on Twitter.
Clowney is a pretty elite run defender and an average pass rusher (think Trey Flowers) but he wants to get paid like and elite all-around DE. I think his skillset would translate fairly well to what the Patriots expect their DEs to do but obviously not for that kind of money that he wants.

Given that the pay on the practice squad for players with >2 accrued seasons was set at exactly 12k (or 204k a season) while vet min for the active roster is 1.05m it is not surprising that some players will shop around first.

Given that the pay on the practice squad for players with >2 accrued seasons was set at exactly 12k (or 204k a season) while vet min for the active roster is 1.05m it is not surprising that some players will shop around first.

Do you know if it is the same rule this year that the vet minimum of $1M is not guaranteed after Week 1? Coach Fears said Lamar is not 100% yet, and I believe him. Possibly the Pats sign him later.

Do you know if it is the same rule this year that the vet minimum of $1M is not guaranteed after Week 1? Coach Fears said Lamar is not 100% yet, and I believe him. Possibly the Pats sign him later.

The rule didn't change. And since Miller is a vested vet and has never requested termination pay before his salary would indeed have been guaranteed.

Is his dad’s old number available? That would be cool, father and son with same number!

Based on the information on the TEAM website, yes, #5 is assigned to back up QB Joshua Dobbs and Colquitt has been assigned #4. Colquitt wore #2 during his career with KC. I'm sure that if Colquitt had really wanted#5, he could have gotten it

Ummm...we could use a veteran OLman & another DT too...

*mistake

Last edited:

An available ILB most probably available for cheap you say ?

There were a few people on here that hoped that the Pats would trade for him when he was available from Arizona.. Wonder if they'll kick the tires..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes