PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds crazy but what about Gilmore for Jimmy G and a second?
If the Niners sign Brady?
They would of won the Super Bowl with Gilmore there.

This sounds crazy but what about Gilmore for Jimmy G and a second?
If the Niners sign Brady?
They would of won the Super Bowl with Gilmore there.

Gilmore doesn't fit their defensive scheme. They play cover-3, Gilmore's a man guy.

Gilmore is far and away the best player currently under contract for the Patriots. The Pats don't win without a shut down corner. It is the cornerstone of how BB designs his game specific defenses. Trading Gilmore for anyone or anything is a flat out dumb idea. He is under contract and in his prime, trade anyone else BUT him.

Gilmore is far and away the best player currently under contract for the Patriots. The Pats don't win without a shut down corner. It is the cornerstone of how BB designs his game specific defenses. Trading Gilmore for anyone or anything is a flat out dumb idea. He is under contract and in his prime, trade anyone else
If I'm choosing between Gilmore and Jackson it's Jackson.
Younger will be dominant longer.

Gilmore is far and away the best player currently under contract for the Patriots. The Pats don't win without a shut down corner. It is the cornerstone of how BB designs his game specific defenses. Trading Gilmore for anyone or anything is a flat out dumb idea. He is under contract and in his prime, trade anyone else BUT him.

And for a second rounder? That would be downright stupid.

And for a second rounder? That would be downright stupid.
They would be getting defensive MVP and signing Brady I think if they are really interested in Brady and to be dominant on D for 2 seasons they would do that trade.
Again just a hypothetical.

They would be getting defensive MVP and signing Brady I think if they are really interested in Brady and to be dominant on D for 2 seasons they would do that trade.
49ers couldn’t afford him and Brady. They don’t have a lot of cap room

You are assuming that winning in 2020 is the priority. I'm not convinced. So, while you are right - of course Gilmore is amazing - if a rebuild is deemed necessary, I can see them moving the top corner.

The fact that there hasn't been a rebuild (in the traditional sense) for two decades is also insanely noteworthy.

I’m not trading Gilmore much less for a second rounder. You never give up more than that.

The 49ers don’t have a 2nd rounder this year.

Think ChrisR's proposal was Gilmore for Garoppolo and a 2nd, but the Niners don't have a 2nd round pick and even if they did it would be late in the round. It would have to be Gilmore for Garoppolo and #31 overall, at which point I might consider it if Brady has gone to the Niners. But I doubt the Niners would do that and I'd still really have to pinch my nose from the Patriots' perspective. Don't understand the desire to trade away the best defensive back in football.

I think Garoppolo would cost the Patriots 2 first round picks.

- I wonder if we were on the Turner/Okung trade discussions over the last few days.

- I also would like us to bring in Philly's swing tackle...Vaitai. Think he would be a great fit if we get a 100% healthy Wynn/Cannon. He would be a great swing tackle capable of stepping in if/when Wynn/Cannon get dinged (knocks on wood).

- I think we can find a replacement guard in FA...just not as good as Thuney.

- I am not sure how much McCourty will command in FA...certainly not as much as the last time (percentage wise) and having his twin here can only help somewhat. (fingers crossed).

- Another guy I like from Philly is Bradham....could help us fill in a need with KVN/Collins' pending departures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes