PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Okay I'll put it out there: Mankins for Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

condon84

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Mankins wants out of NE and Haynesworth wants out of DC.

Mankins would thrive in Shanahan's blocking scheme.

Haynesworth, on the other hand, don't want to play in a 3-4 scheme.

However, it's been discussed here that our base defense last year was a 4-3 and if we can get the financials worked out and get a committment from fat Albert, is this something that you guys would cosign?

For me, if the financials make sense, this would be a coup. Haynesworth can still dominate the middle if he's not asked to be an everydown DL, which we don't do here in NE anyways. I think him and VInce in the middle would instantly create the best interior in the NFL and would definitely open things up for Mayo.

no34567890

Last edited:
Just for a bit of a giggle Warren - Wilfork - Haynesworth - Brace as the d-line would be akin to watching a crash of rhinoceros stampede.

Last edited:
This team's front office has apparently fallen so far that it can't even handle good guys like Mankins. Haynesworth would burn Gillette to the ground and urinate on the ashes.

Last edited:
Switching to a 4-3 would make Ty Warren, and Brandon Spikes obsolete at the minimum, and maybe more. Not worth it, imo.

No team would be able to run on us. Passing though ...

Don't think you'll find too many that would want this. Here are 7 reasons (IMO):

1. We already have some leadership issues etc. Haynesworth would only hurt this even worse.

2. He likely wouldn't even want to play here, as a team we're still very much known as a 3-4 defense. He doesn't wanna play in a 3-4. I understand that you're saying we played a lot of 4-3 last yr, but that may have been to mask a weakness, it may have been due to various opponents or specific matchups. Although I expect the usual variations, I still expect us to be a 3-4 base defense. I am surprised that you don't.

3. Haynesworth can disappear at times, he also has had questionable descisions/suspensions/problems. I'd question if he's actually even intelligent enough to pick him this defense.

4. What is the saying or quote? 'We are building a team, not collecting talent.'

5. He has to be the worst case example of 'the patriot way.' (ever)

6. With Brady due + the Mankins situation, it'd be hard to pay major money to a player from another team right now. The redskins may also want some type of compensation or recovered money.

7. Besides RDE, I'm not sure we have too much of a need at DL right now. We have our solid guys who are proven Pats in T.Warren, Wilfork, and Wright, (the most DL snaps out of anyone last yr)--we have our new acquisitions in G.Warren and Lewis, (63 starts in 64 games between the 2 of them last 2 yrs), and we have developing players in Brace and Pryor. That's not even including Weston, Deadrick, or Richards--one of them may even stick.

I actually think that we'll even have 7 DL men this yr, seeing as how we're not going to even consider cutting Brace. We have some decent depth at this position, and getting Haynesworth may slow the developing players.

Mankins wants out of NE and Haynesworth wants out of DC.

However, it's been discussed here that our base defense last year was a 4-3 and if we can get the financials worked out and get a committment from fat Albert, is this something that you guys would cosign?

For me, if the financials make sense, this would be a coup. Haynesworth can still dominate the middle if he's not asked to be an everydown DL, which we don't do here in NE anyways. I think him and VInce in the middle would instantly create the best interior in the NFL and would definitely open things up for Mayo.

Hey,no fair, that is my idea.

This team's front office has apparently fallen so far that it can't even handle good guys like Mankins. Haynesworth would burn Gillette to the ground and urinate on the ashes.

Man, that one killed me. Waking up after the Celtics implosion, Shooting 33% & Missing 12 layups, Perkins with one leg left and done, the vultures circling, and game 7 looking like a complete and utter sure thing laugher for Phil "Coat Hanger" Jackson and Kobe "I Have Absolutely No Personality Whatsoever" Bryant,
I needed something to laugh about. The Haynesworth mental picture painted up there hit the spot.
btw, what kinda topic is that to start? Ian just let anything through? Gez.

"Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout, Kontradiction?"

No hes holding out in Washington because he DOESN'T want to play in a 3-4, so why bring that problem here.

Haynesworth likes money, not football.
He has an ex-girlfriend stripper pregnant by him.
He has a history of only playing well in contract years.
He is a chronic underachiever with no motivation.
A malcontent.

He is a dominant force when he wants to be which is rare.

NO

I'd take Vincent Jackson, though. :D

In a word, No. :enranged:

A statement today from Haynesworth (or his agent)

"The Washington Redskins are a great and storied franchise, with an owner in Mr. Snyder that will do anything in his power to win and a fan base that is unrivaled in the NFL," the statement said. "When I signed here after meeting all day with the staff and top executives, and talked about the defense that we would run and what my role would be, I was assured I would have the freedom to play to my strengths and I was excited about the future.

"After many years in the NFL, I know what it takes for me to perform at my highest level. My No. 1 goal has always been to help my team win -- period. It's also important at my position to help free my teammates to make plays, which I've done throughout my career when I've been allowed to play to my strengths. I will continue to work individually to prepare for training camp and the start of the 2010 season."

Speck maintains that Haynesworth was told by Snyder before he signed that he’d basically be allowed to freelance in the defense. That didn’t happen under Blache and it certainly will not happen under Shanahan and Haslett. Because Haynesworth can’t play his way, he wants to take his ball (and his cash) and go home. Or go to another team. The Redskins have reportedly already tried trading Haynesworth. If they couldn’t strike a deal for him around the draft, it’s going to be much more difficult to do so now.

"This is not a good situation for anyone involved," Speck told Reid. "We understand that Mike and Bruce are going to do what they feel is best for the team, but this is not the organization that Albert was promised he'd be joining."

His teammates ought to have some interesting reactions today. Haynesworth can be fined nearly $10,000 for skipping minicamp. The Redskins can fine him almost $15,000 per day he misses when minicamp begins if he’s still AWOL.

$32 million doesn't buy what it once did | National Football Post

Um, what?

Mankins is a road-grader. Shanny likes small mobile lineman.

Where the hell would haynseworth play? DE maybe?

I live in 'Skins country. Trust me, you don't want this out of shape, injury prone, locker room cancer. The highest paid Redskin is the only one not practicing with the team. Last year he didn' t like how they used him. This year he doesn't like how he thinks the new regime will use him. He took the money, and quit on the team. Not only no, but hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haynesworth likes money, not football.
He has an ex-girlfriend stripper pregnant by him.
He has a history of only playing well in contract years.
He is a chronic underachiever with no motivation.
A malcontent.

He is a dominant force when he wants to be which is rare.

NO

I'd take Vincent Jackson, though. :D

Not to get off topic here, but I wouldn't take VJ either. What is it THREE alcohol related offenses so far, or is it more? The dude has a serious problem.

Just curious, but what gives you the impression that Mankins is a good guy?

Not saying he isn't, just that he's essentially a cipher and I haven't seen anything which would give me a strong impression either way.

NO%20at%20Heathrow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back