PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oh shut up Dion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links citing said issues?

It really doesn't. Mine is the only one with a basis of reality in the real world. There aren't really any assumptions needed since I don't recall ever hearing about the factors you cited in the previous sentence I quoted. If they felt he was "good enough to be" here at that price, they would have paid him. Instead, they didn't. So they didn't feel he was "good enough to be" here at his price. It is what it is. Considering some of the things ex-players have said about the Pats in the past, this is mild at best.
You and Dion make a huge assumption in that "he wasn't good enough". As was clearly stated, injury history, work ethic and off field stuff was almost certainly a factor.

If you want to agree with the idea that the Patriots would base what they offer only on if the player is "good enough", it could only be valid if your extremely unlikely assumptions were true.

What Lewis said certainly wasn't that harsh, but it is clearly based on an almost certainly false set of assumptions.

You and Dion make a huge assumption in that "he wasn't good enough". As was clearly stated, injury history, work ethic and off field stuff was almost certainly a factor.

Injury history and work ethic would figure into the "good enough" factor, although I don't recall ever hearing anything bad about his work ethic (from the team or otherwise). Perhaps you have a link that you can cite? Same request for "off field stuff," please.

If you want to agree with the idea that the Patriots would base what they offer only on if the player is "good enough", it could only be valid if your extremely unlikely assumptions were true.

I'm not assuming anything. Just applying common sense. If they felt he was "good enough to be here," taking into account all factors, at that money, he'd likely still be here. He's not here and the team reportedly didn't care enough to make a real offer to him in the ballpark of what Tennessee did, so it's clear that they didn't deem him good enough to be here at that money.

Injury history and work ethic would figure into the "good enough" factor, although I don't recall ever hearing anything bad about his work ethic (from the team or otherwise). Perhaps you have a link that you can cite? Same request for "off field stuff," please.

I'm not assuming anything. Just applying common sense. If they felt he was "good enough to be here," taking into account all factors, at that money, he'd likely still be here. He's not here and the team reportedly didn't care enough to make a real offer to him in the ballpark of what Tennessee did, so it's clear that they didn't deem him good enough to be here at that money.
Ahhh, parsing words. So you're including tons of other factors besides talent and on field production in "good enough". You're having a different argument than the peeps you're arguing with, and also certainly what Dion Intended. Gotchya.

Ahhh, parsing words. So you're including tons of other factors besides talent and on field production in "good enough". You're having a different argument than the peeps you're arguing with, and also certainly what Dion Intended. Gotchya.

No offense or anything, because you know I have love for you, but did you take a bong rip before deciding to join this thread? Injuries impact how a player performs on the field. That would almost certainly be factored into being "good enough" to be here. Work ethic also impacts how a player performs on the field. That would almost certainly be factored into being "good enough" to be here. And, again, I've never heard anything negative about either his work ethic or his off the field issues. Still awaiting some sort of clarification on that.

I read the whole interview, the journalist really cherry picked a single line to make him sound contentious.

I read the whole interview, the journalist really cherry picked a single line to make him sound contentious.

Could you post it?

No offense or anything, because you know I have love for you, but did you take a bong rip before deciding to join this thread? Injuries impact how a player performs on the field. That would almost certainly be factored into being "good enough" to be here. Work ethic also impacts how a player performs on the field. That would almost certainly be factored into being "good enough" to be here. And, again, I've never heard anything negative about either his work ethic or his off the field issues. Still awaiting some sort of clarification on that.
Guilty as charged :)

I never heard anything about his work ethic either. I love Dion. I just know that the Pats use a wide variety of things from leadership, to off the field stuff to work ethic in how they value players. Some of these factors influence production every game. Others, like injuries, off field stuff and work ethic may eventually lead to significant on field production down the road, but has yet to surface. Every personnel decision is a calculated risk.

Most of us are simply interpreting "not good enough" as purely talent and on field production. That is how most players use the term, and how Lewis appeared to have meant it.

Playing for the Pats is hard. They demand more from their players than probably any other team. Some guys thrive on that and some don't. If he was sincere when he said he'd choose the other team for even money, either he really likes the unknown of where he is going or there was some friction that is driving him to seek employment elsewhere. We can only speculate why.

I should add, that before his comments, I figured it was merely because of injury history. His comments since may me consider there is more. There very well may not be.

Love Dion. He's been playing the disrespect card ever since he started playing. That's all this is. Mr. Brady's done pretty well not forgetting the place he was drafted too.

Lewis gave tremendous ROI.

The rest is posturing.

I guess I can understand his bitterness, probably thought he'd be here for the long haul, and when that didn't come to fruition, it stung and still stings. He got paid and is in a decent situation, and with the RB position a strength for NE, it couldn't have been THAT much of a surprise that they didn't open up the vault for him.. JMO

I guess I can understand his bitterness, probably thought he'd be here for the long haul, and when that didn't come to fruition, it stung and still stings. He got paid and is in a decent situation, and with the RB position a strength for NE, it couldn't have been THAT much of a surprise that they didn't open up the vault for him.. JMO
After the fast start in 2015 in October of that year they ripped up his FA deal and gave him a 2y/$3m deal.

I'd suspect if he didn't blow out his knee in 2015 he would have either received another James White-type extension sometime during the 2016 campaign or in the offseason.

Whether he would have signed it is a different story.

Because he was “good enough”, he just wanted too much money.

No one should feel bad for Dion...especially Dion

He said they didn't make an offer. If they thought he was good enough to be here, they would have made the offer. They didn't think he was good enough to be here at that price, so they let him go. Again, this is simple stuff.

Loved watching him play. Electric & entertaining. Could not care less about his opinion of his departure. Wish him well with Coach Vrable.

He said they didn't make an offer. If they thought he was good enough to be here, they would have made the offer.

At this point we all know how the Pats operate with their FA in March. They don't offer you anything but wait for you to come back with an offer. Them not offering anything to Lewis initially and then just wishing him well when they heard about 4y/20m is par for the course.

At this point we all know how the Pats operate with their FA in March. They don't offer you anything but wait for you to come back with an offer. Them not offering anything to Lewis initially and then just wishing him well when they heard about 4y/20m is par for the course.

And I'm not saying anything otherwise. They didn't feel he was good enough to be here at that money so bon voyage, Dion.

Meh, kinda lame. But, if that's what motivates him then sure..kinda reminds me of Isaiah Thomas. Wish Dion all the best.

But obviously, they didn't want me, they didn't think I was good enough to be there. I just had to move on and do what's best for me

Dion Lewis: Patriots 'didn't think I was good enough'

Gilislee sucks and I agree with Dion Lewis. You see a worse RB signed to good money and you’re the better player. I get it. Picking Gilislee and Gilmore over Lewis and Butler may be the beginning of the decline.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case