PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oh shut up Dion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should he shut up? He has a point.

His point is they didn't want to pay him what the Titans did, so that must mean they don't think he's good

Which is weak because he's basically saying Pats didnt want to change their philosphy on how they spend at the RB poistion, so it must mean they don't think he is good.

Wasn't this the same team that gave him an extension like 6 games in to being on the team?

Last edited:
His point is they didn't want to pay me what the Titans did, so that must mean they don't think he's good

Which is weak because he's basically saying Pats didnt want to change their philosphy on how they spend at the RB poistion, so it must mean they don't think he is good.

Wasn't this the same team that gave him an extension like 6 games in to being on the team?

That extension was pretty much the size of a rookie contract...it was assurance he had a continued chance at a job and nothing else.

2nd and 2. Maybe hand off to Dion instead of pass? He has a point.

His point is they didn't want to pay me what the Titans did, so that must mean they don't think he's good

He said "good enough to be there." And clearly they didn't. Overreact much?

Unfortunately they gave too much to Gillislee. They should’ve just cut him and signed Lewis. That being said, as much as I love Lewis, he’ll be replaced by a bigger, stronger, faster version of himself in Sony Michel. In one sense though, Michel is already experiencing something Lewis unfortunately was familiar with, knee injuries.

Unfortunately they gave too much to Gillislee. They should’ve just cut him and signed Lewis. That being said, as much as I love Lewis, he’ll be replaced by a bigger, stronger, faster version of himself in Sony Michel. In one sense though, Michel is already experiencing something Lewis unfortunately was familiar with, knee injuries.

It doesn't sound like a new injury as much as an ongoing issue. Ajayi has been able to play through it. Hopefully Michel follows in his footsteps.

Dion Lewis was awesome here in NE. One of the most dynamic RBs that I have had the pleasure to watch. That being said, his history is a RB who gets injured a lot. He just was not worth signing at the price he wanted. No hard feelings there.

This is a bit disappointing to hear but has elements of truth. Not sure how to feel about it to be honest. His new contract is not that expensive for a legitimate offensive weapon, so I do think if the team really wanted him they could have made it work. On the other hand, he also said he would have made the same decision if the Patriots did offer a contract. I don't know. Makes no sense.

In terms of total contract value for all RBs, Lewis is #9.

Either the Patriots did not view DLew as a top 10 RB or did not want to pay him top 10 money because that goes against their philosophy for the position. However James White is #16 on the list and Burkhead is #23 so not sure.

Might be his injury history? Might be age as DLew turns 28 is Sept and White turns 27 in Feb.

Who knows why they didn't sign him....

Last edited:
eh...Spoiled milk.

In terms of total contract value for all RBs, Lewis is #9.

Either the Patriots did not view DLew as a top 10 RB or did not want to pay him top 10 money because that goes against their philosophy for the position. However James White is #16 on the list and Burkhead is #23 so not sure.

Might be his injury history? Might be age as DLew turns 28 is Sept and White turns 27 in Feb.

Who knows why they didn't sign him....
I am really struggling with Gilligan ... why no Maryann? o_O

I’d rather of kept him. He is really good but the price would be out of our range. Everyone knew he was pricing himself out. He may take it like he wants but maybe he doesn’t know how the system works. My opinion is this. He does know how the pats operate but is choosing to drive a false narrative. It’s a popular thing to do these days

I rather have 3 years of Burkhead at 9m (5m guaranteed) than 4 years of Lewis at 20m (8.2m guaranteed).

The decision is very easy and has nothing to do with not being wanted.

You got twice the money you dink and received almost more in guarantees than the max value of Burkheads contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes