PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offseason Free Agents thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because you apparently had weird expectations. Mingo was never really more than a ST player. If you expected anything else you clearly didn't pay any attention to the issues he had throughout his tenure in Cleveland.

Apart from the fieldgoal block McClellin didn't do anything of consequence all season which as a specifically selected FA is disappointing. He was the same liability playing as cover LB as Roberts, KVN or Hightower.

But then again you are pressing disagree on a post where I literally just quote what Mayo said on a podcast so why am I even arguing with you.

My expectations, as anyone else's were, was that Mingo would see time in rotation. Time he never earned. Why did myself and most normal thinking people believe that? Because the guy was a highly touted 1st round pick, regardless of his performance in Cleveland. But, clearly your 20/20 hindsight allows you greater insight into reality..

No. I pressed disagree on a post where you made the claim that White would be gone next year. But, yeah, go ahead and play dumb.

Last edited:
Ware and Peppers are way too long in the tooth for my taste..

Free agency should certainly be interesting with all the cap space that the Pats have... I just really hope they use some of it on Hightower and Branch
Peppers is 37 years old :eek:

Peppers is 37 years old :eek:

I would have loved Peppers 7 years ago and was hoping the Pats would sign him to a big offer sheet back then

Now he's just a really old player that might give you a handful of plays a year..I'd rather use the roster spot on a young prospect or a veteran that isn't about to collect social security

No. I pressed disagree on a post where you made the claim that White would be gone next year. But, yeah, go ahead and play dumb.

I never said he would be gone next year. I said he will be gone in 2018 when he hits FA like Woodhead and Vereen before him. Next time you disagree with anyone, maybe give that person the courtesy of a short reply explaining where you disagree. You know.. so there can actually be a conversation about it..

My expectations, as anyone else's were, was that Mingo would see time in rotation. Time he never earned. Why did myself and most normal thinking people believe that? Because the guy was a highly touted 1st round pick, regardless of his performance in Cleveland. But, clearly your 20/20 hindsight allows you greater insight into reality..

Who cares where a player was drafted years ago ? After 1-2 offseasons it simply doesn't matter what he did in college or where he was drafted.

Again, if you'd spend a little bit time reading up on players you'd know already since the draft prep work back when he was originally drafted that his biggest issue is his inability to increase upper body strength. Even after years in the Browns strength & conditioning program he couldn't consistently protect against the run or get off blocks. Given the point where the trade was finalized (end of August) there was no reasonable way that -- even if we assume our strength program to be superior to that of the Browns -- for him to catch up to be a factor on the defensive side.

If we can get him on a ST-esque deal for 2 years maybe there is something that can be salvaged but at this point it's more likely that he is who he is.

Butler is a restricted free agent. He's not likely going anywhere.
Amendola is still under contract. Not sure why are you saying they should "re-sign" him.
Hightower is likely getting franchised..
Cap too high, restructure or cut ergo resign

I'm positive Amendola takes a pay cut to stay in NE since he loves it up here and he has a young family, plus he is very good friends with Jules and Hogan. I love our receiving core with Gronk and the young and upcoming Mitchell, Floyd will most likely miss a handful of games next season but he will have a full offseason under the Patriots to get to know the system well and hopefully starts becoming a contributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents