Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who starts week 1? (Not who you want to start but who you think will start)

• Cam Newton

Votes: 70 62.5%
  • Mac Jones

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Ray Lewis definitely murdered a man

Votes: 23 20.5%

• Total voters

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Just curious to see who everyone thinks Bill will end up going with as there does seem to be a lot of different opinions. I would like Mac to start but I think it will end up being Cam for about a month or so. Hoping we can be around 2-2 when Mac takes over and we can see what he's got.

Mac worked his butt off and did everything he had to this week to reassure people. Kid is a keeper. A matter of when not if for Mac. Mac will throw INTs and make mistakes but he studies hard and reduces repeat errors. I love that Mac is a super nerd who studies not only the offensive playbook but apparently the defensive plays now too. This week was the nightmare scenario for Cam. Absolutely surreal that Cam shot himself in the foot. Toxic Media is going to be on overdrive the next week.

Last edited:
I still think he’s going to roll with Cam, unfortunately. I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance in Hell that he lasts the season as the starter, though.

Barring an injury to Cam, there is no way BB starts Mac before week 5. He will avoid the Brady versus Jones at all costs.

I can see Bill not announcing anything right up to the last minute. Make the Dolphins prepare for two very different QB's.

"It is what it is. - Bill Belichick" - Fixit

I can see Bill not announcing anything right up to the last minute. Make the Dolphins prepare for two very different QB's.
I think the starting QB needs to be available to the media the Wednesday before the game so I would guess that will be the giveaway.

Reactions: sb1
Cam with a very short leash.

I think the starting QB needs to be available to the media the Wednesday before the game so I would guess that will be the giveaway.

It would be great if Bill sent Hoyer to the podium, announcing him as the starter, then Brian gets the "flu" right before kickoff and is inactive.

I still think he’s going to roll with Cam, unfortunately. I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance in Hell that he lasts the season as the starter, though.
my thoughts as well. I say Mac will be the week 5 starter

Same. I wonder if BB has a legit concern that Jones’ body wouldn’t last 17 games as a rookie.

my thoughts as well. I say Mac will be the week 5 starter
Yep, before the recent COVID protocol screw-up (which I thought might be a game changer and piss off BB...but I guess not) I also thought week 5 was likely. Starting week 5 the opponents are: Texans, Cowboys, Jets, Chargers, Panthers, Browns. That is at least three non-fearsome defenses for a rookie QB's first three starts, and maybe a couple of more, depending on how much the Chargers pass rush improves.

Last edited:
Same. I wonder if BB has a legit concern that Jones’ body wouldn’t last 17 games as a rookie.
I think that is a valid concern, Mac was a painfully thin freshman (180lbs) who managed to put on some weight by his senior year, but his body is still not at the development level of most veteran NFL QBs. No less than Brady said his body wasn't ready his rookie season. Different players physically mature at different rates. I'm sure Mac will be fine in a year or two.

But, as you say, I also wonder if he could last a full 17 games. Unless Cam gets injured (hopefully not) or absolutely stinks it up (and in fairness he has looked much better this year), I would rather see Mac on the bench until game 5 (Texans) or 6 (Cowboys).

Last edited:
I voted that Ray killed a guy or two. Mostly in honour of my (slightly unhinged) friend, Mosslost… do I miss him more than I would if I were a moderator ? I think.

I am sticking with week 6 as the over/under on Mac starting.

I voted that Ray killed a guy or two. Mostly in honour of my (slightly unhinged) friend, Mosslost… do I miss him more than I would if I were a moderator ? I think.

Mosslost lives under the alias @doctahwhodat

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back