PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Preseason Game Day Thread- Pats @ Eagles

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I’m starting to catch a vibe that Anderson might be this year’s surprise cut. It reminds me of how Pennel was used sparingly in 2019 preseason and played late in the game with 3rd stringers.

Not only that but just looking at the other players at Anderson’s position and the max number of DTs/Big DEs they can keep. He’s not going to be kept before Guy, Godcheaux or Barmore. Davis fills a more important role as a true NT. Wise got too much guaranteed money to supplant and has a more specific role. The Patriots also seem to like Byron Cowart just based on how much he played last season. Once he’s off the PUP, the Pats could see Cowart giving them better or the same value at that position for about $4 million less over the next 2 seasons.
He got significant guaranteed money, so I doubt that he’d be cut outright. Maybe a trade?

Last edited:
The ONLY way Mac starts wk 1 is if Cam gets hurt in the next 2 weeks. But, I hope Mac gets in by week 5-7. I don't want to waste a year treading water.
I am afraid the only way Mac takes up the reins is when Cam will fail the game or maybe two with his silly decisions ( what is highly possible ). Trust me I want to believe in Cam but I just can't. He is just a bad passer and nothing and no one is able to change that fact. The sooner Mac becomes a starter the better for the team.

What if cam plays over 100 qbr all five weeks?
hahahaha sure he will
Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

Again, why root for your team to suck?

unless... ...?
Nobody roots against the Pats to suck, but lets not pretend that Cam is a step away from being Brady and Mahomes in one person, your initial question is like me asking, what if Mac would have 150QBR first 5 games, whom do you start?

We don’t want our team to suck. That’s why we don’t want Cam Newton to start
He played well. Just say it. It won’t hurt.

he also had one of the bottom offenses and an unknown virus, and was out the year before that.

hes ya qb.

He played well. Just say it. It won’t hurt.

he also had one of the bottom offenses and an unknown virus, and was out the year before that.

hes ya qb.
Not sure if serious.

Slater hasn't counted as a receiver for years..
Yeah it was a joke. I remember having arguments with people about our lack of receicving corp they always threw him in.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back