PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if both the Bills and Pats lose to the Jets and Miami? Nuclear holocaust?
I'd say that post brings up such bad thoughts that we need Ian's Ban Hammer NOW!!!

Lose and there’s a decent chance the Pats are in Arrowhead next weekend in an elimination game. I don’t know if Mac is ready for that yet.

Gotta win this one and I think we will.

I wonder how the staff thinks about wade i thought he would have had a shot already especially since slot was not really well covered but he probably had injuries

Williams is not covering speedy slot WR either, he improved this year but should help S or LB with TE or bigger physical WR this fits him best imo
I rather have Mills at slot and Williams outside than Bryant slot and Mills outside at least right now
I think this is a redshirt year for Wade tbh…

We really won’t see what he has until our next training camp

God help us if we have to count on Williams as a cover corner in these playoffs. He might be alright as a zone scheme cover or safety…that’s about it

With Duggar out. Who replaces him?
No one directly. I think we’ll just see a higher snap count for McCourty and Phillips, with possibly a little Williams sprinkled in…eeek!

What happens if both the Bills and Pats lose to the Jets and Miami? Nuclear holocaust?
Nothing much really; we both just limp into the playoffs and the Fins and Jets win their off season Super Bowl lol!

Bentley and Collins, as well as the DL are going to have to step it up big time with Dugger and Hightower out.

Bentley and Collins, as well as the DL are going to have to step it up big time with Dugger and Hightower out.
Is Hightower out?? When did this get announced??

Emotionally I agree. But it depends on how they'd have to activate Wilkerson (I've heard conflicting reports). Can they elevate him for free again, or are his two chances used up? If that's the case, and you get to reset those chances for the playoffs, it might be better to just suck it up for one more week with Harry rather than have to cut someone to move Wilkerson to the 53. Plus this is likely a run heavy gameplan for the Pats this week, so Harry's deficiencies are minimized.
Who will be elevated will be determined by who practices better this week. Its as simple as that.

Who will be elevated will be determined by who practices better this week. Its as simple as that.

But it's not!

Practice is determined by whether you are working with the starters or on the scout team. Wilkerson worked his way onto the roster from the scout team, but it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. For a start, you'll be working with a different quarterback. Anyway, since the Pats decided that Wilkerson passed Harry last week and he didn't by any means ruin things on gameday, my guess is that he is locked in.

Good chance the JAX game was High's last in a NEP uniform in Gillette.

But it's not!

Practice is determined by whether you are working with the starters or on the scout team. Wilkerson worked his way onto the roster from the scout team, but it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. For a start, you'll be working with a different quarterback. Anyway, since the Pats decided that Wilkerson passed Harry last week and he didn't by any means ruin things on gameday, my guess is that he is locked in.
Wilkerson is a better catcher of the thing that is thrown to him...otherwise known as a football. Harry finds that part challenging. But...if for some reason they decide they want a WR to block all game and do nothing else...then it's Harry.

Good chance the JAX game was High's last in a NEP uniform in Gillette.
Hopefully not but I expect they'll let him test the market, and some team will overpay for the "name" - he'll take the money and look over the hill, and get cut in a year.

Then come back to NE in '23 on the cheap. :cool:

Lose and there’s a decent chance the Pats are in Arrowhead next weekend in an elimination game. I don’t know if Mac is ready for that yet.

Gotta win this one and I think we will.
They are in an elimination game next week regardless (unless something crazy happens)
But it’s very unlikely they will be at KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST