PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Pats!
Go Jets! (puke)
Go Broncos!
Go Texans!

Also, go Colts. has nothing to do with the Pats, but keeping both Pittsburgh AND Baltimore out of the playoffs would be delicious.

A little bit of a surprise, especially Wilkerson:

Belichick isn't cutting Harry the last week of the season not with the playoffs ahead. That would be too much of a distraction. I'm sure Wilkerson will be elevated again this week if Agholor is still out and the NFL/NFLPA agreed to unlimited PS elevations for the post-season. So there is really no need to bring him to the 53 just yet unless some team tries to sign him and given Wilkerson's post-game press conference I don't think he'd sign with another team.

There has to be some kind of roster-specific reason for Wilk to go back to the PS. I fully expect expect him to be on the game day roster.
I assumed it was gameplan related. If Harry is active over Wilk you gotta figure it's a run heavy game plan against Miami. Maybe a conservative approach

I assumed it was gameplan related. If Harry is active over Wilk you gotta figure it's a run heavy game plan against Miami. Maybe a conservative approach
Please not that game plan again!

I think it's too early for that in the week but we'll find out.

Pats need guys out there that can create separation vs man coverage and that sure as hell isn't N'Krap

I would imagine the Wilkerson move was made because they can... just gives the Pats a little more flexibility in roster management... If Agholor is due back because he clear the concussion protocol, then they already have space for him... etc etc with other potentially returning players...

We beat the #1 team in the afc East running the ball.
I'm referring to the year when the Pats lost to Miami late in the season by only running the ball till it was too late.

I would imagine the Wilkerson move was made because they can... just gives the Pats a little more flexibility in roster management... If Agholor is due back because he clear the concussion protocol, then they already have space for him... etc etc with other potentially returning players...

This is the answer here. Unless they're worried that Wilkerson will bail for another team's 53, they have no reason to permanently promote him (which would force them to cut someone else). They essentially have a 54 man roster this way through the postseason, and if for some reason another team threatens to sign them (can they after the regular season?) they can make the move then. There's no benefit to promoting him now other than maybe making fans feel less scared of the Harry boogeyman.

Someone call me out on this but it's a move with little risk of losing the player as it is very, very rare another team signs players of another team's practice squad this late in the year.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if the Pats do anything tactical in this game regarding their seeding.

They'll know by gametime whether the #1 seed is still achievable. If it is not and then they see on the scoreboard that the Bills are blowing out the Jets - do they pull starters?

Will be interesting to see if the Pats do anything tactical in this game regarding their seeding.

They'll know by gametime whether the #1 seed is still achievable. If it is not and then they see on the scoreboard that the Bills are blowing out the Jets - do they pull starters?
I believe this team took their foot off the gas after they beat BUF and went on the bye.

BB needs to find the balance here but if they don't come out guns blazing regardless of outcomes from earlier games i'll be disappointed.

Cobra Kai: Strike First. Strike Hard. No Mercy.

There has to be some kind of roster-specific reason for Wilk to go back to the PS. I fully expect expect him to be on the game day roster.
It’s procedural. Players automatically revert to the practice squad after the first 2 game day elevations, and Jax was his 2nd. No risk of losing him to another team under those rules. However, the Pats will need to actively sign him to the 53 man roster for Sunday if they want to use him since his 2 free elevations are up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back