PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early forecast for Sunday in Ft. Lauderdale on weather.com is not too hot, more windy than normal, and a decent chance of rain:

Sun 09​

High 79° Low 70°
Showers 58%
Wind E 17 mph
Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High 79F. Winds E at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
  • Humidity 76%
  • UV Index 5 of 10
  • sunrise7:09 am
  • sunset5:46 pm

Sun 09 | Night​

70°
Showers 56%
Wind ESE 9 mph
Scattered thunderstorms, especially in the evening. Low near 70F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
  • Humidity 87%

I'm a little nervous about this game being that it's @ Miami. Hopefully the boys are ready to go

Will be tougher than the Jags for sure but if they get off to a good start we should be ok.

I'm at peace.

This is a team that has shown strengths and weaknesses over the course of the season. Mac, Judon, Bourne, Dugger, Phillips, Jackson, Barmore, Meyers, Henry, Harris, Stevenson have all shown us really good things. And I've loved McDaniels' play-calling and play design once he gave up the always-run-up-the-middle-on-first-down policy. On the other hand, the losses to the Colts and Bills (and even the victory over the Titans) make it clear that the Pats can be bullied at the LOS on third-and-short or fourth down.

Miami will have seen that, as will whoever they play in the play-offs. It's a hard thing to overcome, but I live in hope.

Last edited:

They are still playing for the division. Hell, there is still a remote chance they could have the first round bye. They aren't the Packers or the Bengals who have nothing to play for (for difference reasons).

I doubt it. Flores will want to beat New England and finish the season on a high. He won't be happy with anyone whose thoughts are already on the golf course. It's their play-off game.

He might need to win to show that he has something to build on. He has missed the playoffs all three years he has coached there.

I doubt it. Flores will want to beat New England and finish the season on a high. He won't be happy with anyone whose thoughts are already on the golf course. It's their play-off game.

Flores maybe, but the players? Do you really think all of them are going to try hard? It's a bit different than in 2017 when Miami knew a win vs NE would mean us losing the 1 seed, but hard to see them having the same level of motivation for this one.

I believe this team took their foot off the gas after they beat BUF and went on the bye.

BB needs to find the balance here but if they don't come out guns blazing regardless of outcomes from earlier games i'll be disappointed.

Cobra Kai: Strike First. Strike Hard. No Mercy.
Not that we should base our game plan off a tv show... but I would like to see the Patriots come out with some aggression early on rather than be passive and play down to the level of the competition.

Miami has always given us fits, this year included. And the Patriots need to set the tone early if they want to get the win. This is January football now. It's team for the team to put it all together and get ready for that playoff push. How they practice and how they play this week against the Dolphins is crucial for setting up any chance of playoff success.

Dolphins are no doormat, at 8-8 they have been playing competitive football all year. It's up to the Pats to prove they have the superior talent, gameplan, and execution. Time to tighten things up and get the win. Yes we put up a 50 burger against the Jags, but let's be real they're just awful. Pats need to prove they can beat good teams. We've struggled to get results against teams with .500 and better records.

The weird thing is that we've been a better road team than home team this year so that gives us a better chance to win even if it is on the road in Miami. The 4:25 kickoff should help mitigate any heat advantage that Miami normally gets. I want to see us step up in all aspects, Mac Jones show us you're well over that rookie blip. The run game also needs to continue to be productive and take the pressure off Mac. I'm looking for a balanced team win.

Getting everyone caught up on the Adrian Phillips contract:

Phillips has been an outstanding pickup. And he's signed cheap for another 2 years after this? That's called a BB special. He keeps finding good bargains in the free agent market.

Phillips has been an outstanding pickup. And he's signed cheap for another 2 years after this? That's called a BB special. He keeps finding good bargains in the free agent market.
3 years.

Miami had 3 and 3/4 games without their QB. I know Tua isn't considered a world-beater, but that's a big deal. They lost all four of those games, plus the first three after he came back, then went on a roll.

Flores has built a pretty good football team down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News