PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Postgame Thread: Patriots fall to Texans 22-28

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t get to watch the thread (or half of the game really) very closely, but I can agree with you that it was rough waters. I tried to post some positivity in there toward the end though I doubt many were left to hear it.

To summarize: Not every season is gonna be an easy 14-2 breeze to HFA throughout and an AFC title and another Super Bowl shot. Sometimes they will have rougher games, but as you guys saw, even in those games - even with a flu so bad they took two planes - they were a bad Bolden tip away from potentially stealing a win anyway. They never quit, and you should never quit on them.

Being a Pats fan isn’t just expecting resounding wins and getting mad when they MIGHT lose. They’re 10-2. If they can just pull it together at home against the Chiefs then they still get a bye. Even if they can’t, so what? They have to play on Wild Card weekend, oh well. They’re still in the postseason. Anything can happen. The team’s been around for decades and decades. They weren’t 10-2 at this point for a vast majority of those seasons. They probably won’t be 10-2 at this point for a majority of their remaining seasons in the future. Perspective is key. Enjoy what’s here while it’s here and don’t ruin it for others who are trying to do so. If you’re only happy when they’re steamrolling teams throughout then you probably shouldn’t post in a live game thread, it just won’t be enjoyable for you or others.

Sorry for rambling, I guess that wasn’t a very good summary at all, but yeah. Let’s try to be positive. It’s the Pats. They’re 10-2. Breathe. Critique and discuss and theorize, but breathe.
On the flip side let's take a second to understand it's the freaking internet. You can't tell if someone is trying to play the ole reverse jynx, just venting as you would if you were out at a bar with everyone, or just trying to be a smartass. I mean I laugh when bad plays happen. It's a coping thing. Doesn't mean I need to get banned from the damn thread for it but I ain't mad or nuthin. Or maybe we can establish some gameday thread commandments so I know not to upset the Gods

Meh. This offense is brutal. Probably one of the worse in the belichick and brady era.
It ****ing sucks. But maybe we can squeeze out a super bowl run with this defense and only scoring 20ppg

Who would’ve thought that losing Antonio Brown, Danny Amendola, Chris Hogan, Demaryius Thomas, Rob Gronkowski and Josh Gordon would have an impact?

I would love to see brady’s presser.
I think his Monday interview is going to be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if he just flat out got the question "do you want AB back?"

tempted to call into the postgame show.

I'm listening to the 98.5 post game, and I find it interesting that Bertrand is coming around on some things. He's finally willing to accept that Meyers is just a JAG (at least at this point), and relying on him is not the answer, and should not have been the answer.

So it took this game for him to get to that point, but he's learning a little bit.

Wanting a guy who, at least arguably, shouldn't have been cut loose, is not trolling.

Every fourth post in the GDT...the same few posters. It's insufferable trolling or 12-year-olds whining.

AB ain't coming back - he hasn't been picked up by anyone. Pretty obvious that the league told the teams if he gets signed, he goes on the exempt list. Worst move of the year for the Pats was signing that wrecking ball.

AB wasnt even guilty. Hypocrite Kraft never shouldve cut the guy before the investigation was over and was trying to save his own ass and image because of his stupid massage parlor incident.

Even Bill and Tom wanted to keep AB but this bonehead Kraft cared about saving his own image that he jeopardized himself more than the team. Who cuts someone over a civil case? Kraft single handedly destroyed our offense

I'm listening to the 98.5 post game, and I find it interesting that Bertrand is coming around on some things. He's finally willing to accept that Meyers is just a JAG (at least at this point), and relying on him is not the answer, and should not have been the answer.

So it took this game for him to get to that point, but he's learning a little bit.
Bertrand is a condescending hack and I’m glad he’s being exposed for it.

Every fourth post in the GDT...the same few posters. It's insufferable trolling or 12-year-olds whining.

AB ain't coming back - he hasn't been picked up by anyone. Pretty obvious that the league told the teams if he gets signed, he goes on the exempt list. Worst move of the year for the Pats was signing that wrecking ball.

That's for another thread. They opened one up, so there's a place for it, again.

TB's presser is on now

As long as we get to the playoffs, anything can happen. I do think a bye is crucial. Not sure if we can beat the chefs next week. Mahomes is gonna be a handful.

I'm calling the defense fraudulent...since they stopped playing 1AA teams, they've played 4 games, 2 in terrible weather...in the games in which the weather didnt seriously inhibit the opponents offense the "Boogeyman" have given up 30 to Baltimore and 28 to Houston...

Also close to calling the team frauds, 2-2 since they've moved up to D1...and in their 2 wins, Philadelphia and Dallas (who've shown they are not good football teams) BOTH had the ball w a chance to win the game late in 4th quarter...

People are coming around to the fact that this offense is not getting better even with everyone on the field (well not Karras anymore).

I like Dorsett and even Sanu well enough. But there should be two clear cut better receivers on this team than any of those guys. And the one we do have is clearly playing through some real pain. Credit to Edelman though, dude is a warrior. I shudder to think at just how wretched things would look without him.

I’d kill for Gordon, D. Thomas, AB, and even Jacob Hollister right now.

In seriousness, though, the body they call a tight end is easily the biggest problem with the offense. Don’t respect LaCosse in the passing game and you just may get gashed for a three yard catch (if he holds onto it.). Or just assume they’re running (if it’s Michel, you’re right) and attack the line. If White is back there, they’re passing. If they’re passing, double Edelman and put a DB on White. This isn’t like a masterful game plan, but the Patriots can’t break it either, not even against bad defenses.

Scary thing is the offense is healthy and Wynn is playing well. This is just the personnel they have. Other than Harry or Meyers miraculously breaking out or a secret game changing weapon in Damien Harris, Josh will need to figure this out, especially his absolutely laughable red zone schemes.

Some of TB's responses:

It's execution
You can't fall behind on the road
I give them credit
They played well

I think guy's battled hard
Trying to figure out how to do a better job for 60 minutes is what's most important
We lost. We'll learn from it
Long flight home. We'll try to get ready and get back at it

Asks about whether this offense is talent enough:
It remains to be seen
It's about going out there and doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye