PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Postgame Thread: Patriots fall to Texans 22-28

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would’ve thought that losing Antonio Brown, Danny Amendola, Chris Hogan, Demaryius Thomas, Rob Gronkowski and Josh Gordon would have an impact?

Andrews and Develin were just as big a loss. Hogan was done mid last year.

Not going to be any better next week

People are coming around to the fact that this offense is not getting better even with everyone on the field (well not Karras anymore).

I like Dorsett and even Sanu well enough. But there should be two clear cut better receivers on this team than any of those guys. And the one we do have is clearly playing through some real pain. Credit to Edelman though, dude is a warrior. I shudder to think at just how wretched things would look without him.

I wanna be positive that this offense could turn it around but how can you be? They have gotten worse if anything. I just don’t count those garbage tds.

Karras was seen in a walking boot

4 games remaining. Facing another explosive team with a good QB next week.

Some of TB's responses:

It's execution
You can't fall behind on the road
I give them credit
They played well

I think guy's battled hard
Trying to figure out how to do a better job for 60 minutes is what's most important
We lost. We'll learn from it
Long flight home. We'll try to get ready and get back at it

Asks about whether this offense is talent enough:
It remains to be seen
It's about going out there and doing it
Seemed pretty obvious to me that he recognized the uproar from his prior postgame press conference. He was doing his best to not show himself as being upset but just disappointed.

We used first round picks the past 2 years on a WR who couldn't separate in college and a RB who has zero explosion and can't catch. Fire our offensive skilled position scouts.

I think Brady losing it a bit when Dorsett missed the signal was indicative of just how frustrated TB's getting, because it's obvious that he's tried to take a different approach this season, and he's gotten to the point where he's starting to go back to being more expressive about the screw ups.

Tom sounds like a broken record in these press conferences. He has been stressing the same thing over and over and nothing that’s change with this offense.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that he recognized the uproar from his prior postgame press conference. He was doing his best to not show himself as being upset but just disappointed.

I'm just reading the tea leaves, but he seems like a man who's really pissed about what's going on around him. And I don't blame him, because a lot of this is on the front office/ownership.

Mahomes must be licking his chops after watching the Boogeymen give up 4 passing tds and a near perfect QB rating

Tom sounds like a broken record in these press conferences. He has been stressing the same thing over and over and nothing that’s change with this offense.

I would love to get even just one unfiltered press conference out of Brady after a game like this.

Mahomes must be licking his chops after watching the Boogeymen give up 4 passing tds and a near perfect QB rating

The funny thing is that this offense will have to score points next week and this offense right now is shot. They will have to score over 20.

Bill O'Brien was a due a win vs the master Belichick at some point. I'm just glad it happened in the regular season and not the postseason! Houston will get crushed if there's a rematch in Foxboro in January!

crushed by what?
No Gronk, Jules getting double teamed, you think Sony is going to put up 300 yards and 5 touchdown to win us games in January?

This team needs to score points, in the first 3 quarters we did absolutely nothing!
You need to see we have trouble with the current WRs.
Our TE position is literally dead.

Our offense is the weakest link and I just do not see things getting better.

Yikes, and I thought Dorsett was a guy that he liked. There is a lot of dysfunction on this team that is very uncharacteristic--or at least it's uncharacteristic for it to be so out in the open.

BTW, can we please find a way to agree not to ***** about binary calls made during games, unless we called for it, and explained why, before the play?

If I hear/read one more person griping about that 4th down throw to Sanu, when the play worked and the ball was right there to be caught, I may have to start praying for a S.M.O.D., or something.

Reactions: SVN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back