Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 5-11 Bledsoe year shouldn't even count since we were tossing out players who didn't fit and replacing them with old hold the fort guys. I mean, they gave Terry Glenn the heave-ho and replaced him with David Patten. Greg Spires was shown the door (became a perennial Pro Bowler) in favor of Anthony Pleasant.

People also tend to forget the 1996 year. Belichick was the notable addition to the team that year, we went from 6-10 to the Super Bowl.
That 5-11 year, though, helps skew the numbers for all the anti-Belichick people. ;)

Belichick is going to have to just admit a bad decision and move on. Patricia is a great numbers guy and has a brain for contracts, etc, so I have zero issue with him being in the front office and/or being an assistant. Just not the driving force behind what's going on game-to-game or week-to-week. I still think they made a mistake with how they handled Nick Caley, but that's another story. :rolleyes:

Matt Light was on the radio the other day and confirmed my belief that BB has not figured out how to adjust to the new practice rules. He went on to stress that by drastically reducing the number of practices it eliminated BB's ability to prepare players of marginal talent to play as a team. Until he figures it out, or the team truly bottoms out, I am starting to fear that things will stay the same until we get a new coach who knows how to tank.

1. You answered your own question. We didn't have Parker, Thornton, Rham didn't play much, and our OL didn't have the bad injuries they have this year. That's lesser any way you cit it.
2. The offense was much better last year with McDaniels, you're the only one contesting that.
3. I can't believe anyone here would actually defend the way Patricia has coached the OL. It is definitely worse than last year's. Why are you defending it? To put the total blame on Mac?
4. Yes, success elsewhere. He has 5,000 yards over his career. That's success. Bourne was really good last year. When we had a good OC.
5. OK, have it your way. Rhamondre sucks.
1. Parker & Thornton haven't done sh*t. Rham played, he isn't new. Bill weakened the OL by his own decisions. We had posters here begging for OL depth hires during the offseason.
2. Not after the bye. Sorry, 1-4 w/ McDaniels isn't better when it counts in Dec/Jan.
3. I'm not defending Patricia, lol. I was one of his 1st critics. You defended Bill's decision. You don't get to re-write history. The issue you brought up was injuries. Most every team has injured OLs but the good ones win anyway. That's just an excuse. Yes, it's worse because of Bill's decisions.
4. Only thing Parker was successful at was being injured. MIA was happy to see him go. Bourne? Meh
5. Rhamondre doesn't suck. That's not what I said. Team has Zero depth at RB. Have you been watching the games? The rushing output by this team is far from excellent. At least not consistently. What happens if god forbid he goes down? Who do we use? Butt-fumble Harris? Strongless? Get your head out of your homer ass and stop with the excuses.

Yup. Another perfectly normal playcall from a well coached team.

This is also a poorly executed play. idea was for meyers it seems to run behind mondre and henry blocking but he just runs sideways and stumbles around for 5 yrs like he didnt believe in the playcall.
Right now there is no sense of urgency and the players are giving up on plays and blaming the oc(rightly so) but its easy to blame the oc and commit stupid penalties and plays.
they are all culpable in this mess.

Meyers is good.
He's a decent player until a defender mans up on him. He does most of his damage off PA pass in zone.
The 5-11 Bledsoe year shouldn't even count since we were tossing out players who didn't fit and replacing them with old hold the fort guys. I mean, they gave Terry Glenn the heave-ho and replaced him with David Patten. Greg Spires was shown the door (became a perennial Pro Bowler) in favor of Anthony Pleasant.

People also tend to forget the 1996 year. Belichick was the notable addition to the team that year, we went from 6-10 to the Super Bowl.
Terry Glenn played the entire year in 2000. Patten showed up in 2001.

They still had a ton of Parcells guys which they all had a terrible year in 2000.

Greg Spires never made a Pro Bowl. Carrol not playing him was a mistake and Bill letting him go was a mistake. However, he wouldn't have been a fit when they switched to a 3-4 in 2003.

What we have now is a complete and utter disaster created by Belichick. This team needs soo much work from multiple players on O & D to a rehaul of the coaching staff. Let's have a serious discussion. Enough with this nonsense.
You're not serious so how can anyone expect a serious discussion

1. Parker & Thornton haven't done sh*t. Rham played, he isn't new. Bill weakened the OL by his own decisions. We had posters here begging for OL depth hires during the offseason.
2. Not after the bye. Sorry, 1-4 w/ McDaniels isn't better when it counts in Dec/Jan.
3. I'm not defending Patricia, lol. I was one of his 1st critics. You defended Bill's decision. You don't get to re-write history. The issue you brought up was injuries. Most every team has injured OLs but the good ones win anyway. That's just an excuse. Yes, it's worse because of Bill's decisions.
4. Only thing Parker was successful at was being injured. MIA was happy to see him go. Bourne? Meh
5. Rhamondre doesn't suck. That's not what I said. Team has Zero depth at RB. Have you been watching the games? The rushing output by this team is far from excellent. At least not consistently. What happens if god forbid he goes down? Who do we use? Butt-fumble Harris? Strongless? Get your head out of your homer ass and stop with the excuses.
1. You have a very hard time with the English language. Let me do this again: We had less weapons last year. As in, NOT AS MANY AS THIS YEAR. I know that's a very difficult concept to understand but, 3 + 1 + 1 = 5 > 3
2. You're hopeless if you don't think McDaniels ran a better offense last year.
3. What are you even talking about? I said that the OL has regressed compared to last year even if they have injuries.
4. Bourne wasn't m'eh last year. You have the memory of a flea
6. You downgraded our RBs in the very first post I responded to!

Listen, I'll stop replying to your brainless posts because I'm not getting involved anymore in your total nonsense and all the idiocy you spew here.

Sad thing is the solution is so simple and fans have been screaming it since this summer....hire a real OC and OL coach.

Not sure why bill thought he was smarter than the rest of the league that he could just plug Patricia in there with no experience and he would be just fine.....

He's a decent player until a defender mans up on him. He does most of his damage off PA pass in zone.

Terry Glenn played the entire year in 2000. Patten showed up in 2001.

They still had a ton of Parcells guys which they all had a terrible year in 2000.

Greg Spires never made a Pro Bowl. Carrol not playing him was a mistake and Bill letting him go was a mistake. However, he wouldn't have been a fit when they switched to a 3-4 in 2003.

This is what I'm saying, we were getting rid of some talented people and adding others (older players / vets). I'm not sure how what you wrote contradicts what I wrote.

Give me a break dude, Belichick isn't going anywhere to start a new system from scratch at 71. Where do you think he'll go, Denver w/ Wilson? How about CAR w/ Darnold. I know, HOU w/ Mills. That's it. He wanted to draft Mills. Maybe he can win a SB for HOU. Lol
You're so wrong on this. He would be hired instantly, INSTANTLY!

This is what I'm saying, we were getting rid of some talented people and adding others (older players / vets). I'm not sure how what you wrote contradicts what I wrote.
You were saying those transactions contributed to the 5-11 season.

You're hopeless if you don't think McDaniels ran a better offense last year.
The offense was better. The result were pretty much the same. Win against bad teams, loss against good teams. Score points against bad teams couldn’t score against good teams. Pretty much the same as this year.

Some people have wondered why teams like the Jets and Lions have had more success than the Patriots against the Bills. And the answer is that the Bills were going vertical and downfield on all their throws, which is a problem for them because Gabe Davis isn't very good. People in Buffalo have been talking about this for several weeks as their offense sputtered.

Against the Patriots, they went short and on the perimeter. Dink'd and dunk'd us all the way downfield, which eventually opened up the long game for them.

What happened to our D last night was a combo of the Bills attacking us the way they attacked teams early this year and much of last year (which they stopped doing in the middle of this season), and our defense refusing to adjust to what the Bills do well (perimeter throws to McKenzie, outs to Diggs, dump offs to the RBs). Yes, our LBs are slow so this is a personnel problem too, but other teams flood the short areas, double Diggs, and take their chances with Gabe Davis and Knox, 2 guys that are incapable of hurting you.

You're so wrong on this. He would be hired instantly, INSTANTLY!
I am sure team would hire him. His point is Bill will not want to go to a new team at 71 and have to build everything back up again. The coaching position that will be available will not be on teams with a great situation.

Maybe Dallas could be interesting . I can totally see Jerry Jones firing McCarthy to hire Bill but I am not sure that Bill will like Jerry management style

You were saying those transactions contributed to the 5-11 season.
What I was saying is that Belichick was in the process of tearing the team down by sending some good players on their way and replacing them with scrapheap guys. That made for a less than stellar season.

The truth is that it took Belichick a full 3 years to accomplish what he wanted.

The team wasn't built in his image until 2003, the 4th year of the rebuild. We missed the playoffs in 2002 as well.

I am sure team would hire him. His point is Bill will not want to go to a new team at 71 and have to build everything back up again. The coaching position that will be available will not be on teams with a great situation.

Maybe Dallas could be interesting . I can totally see Jerry Jones firing McCarthy to hire Bill but I am not sure that Bill will like Jerry management style
Bill in Dallas = Super Bowl

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back