Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately not a whole lot of positives to take out of the game. The offense was a complete train wreck and the defense wasn't much better.

Regardless this loss doesn't really matter in the whole scheme of things. Any hopes they had of making the playoffs died last week when they lost to Minnesota.

Let‘s see him with a competent OC and a decent o-line before we make a final decision on the guy. He is never going to be a QB who can carry a team, but we see with Tua this year if you give a QB with some limitations weapons and a competent offense and he excels.
I thought that overhead shot on the one play they showed - especially in that situation - was an indictment on the play design if Patricia was behind that. I get people are going to kill Mac, and this wasn't his best effort, but that play was definitely eye-opening.

Let‘s see him with a competent OC and a decent o-line before we make a final decision on the guy. He is never going to be a QB who can carry a team, but we see with Tua this year if you give a QB with some limitations weapons and a competent offense and he excels.
Yes, let’s sign one of the best receivers in the game and draft a very good receiver (when’s the last time Bill has done that)? Then Mac will be okay in this offense. I really want to wait around for that.

Its funny but at this point I'm up for anything that involves getting an actual leader on the field. We need somebody who can fire these guys up. Similar to Brady. Edelman.

Doesn't even need to be a QB.
They don't have that. Aside from Meyers and Henry, no one else out there, other than Rhamondre, seems to really care.

This team will likely beat Arizona. The Raiders we should beat but that's 50/50 since we tend to suck against former coaches. The Bengals game we COULD win but we should be viewed as underdogs. We will lose to Buffalo and Miami unless they are locked into their spot and rest their players.

So I'm going to say we go 2-3 over the year and get to 8-9

Not good timing for the Pats to suck ass with the Bills, Dolphins, and even Jets looking like really good football teams. Oh well 20 years was a long time.

This team has no passion or fire. You would think they would play with some pride after getting embarassed last two times and that too at home. They have really killed whatever Mac had before even if it was little. Poorly coached team and about the offense rich hill says it best

Everyone agrees that Patricia must go but I think it will require intervention from the Kraft’s to finally apply the pressure to Bill.

Mac ain’t it. He’s not the future, he is capable of being decent when surrounded by good pieces and a good coordinator. Decent isn’t going to get us back to being contenders. Not sure what the answer is other than can Patricia, bring in competency and rebuild the offensive line.

Last edited:
I thought that overhead shot on the one play they showed - especially in that situation - was an indictment on the play design if Patricia was behind that. I get people are going to kill Mac, and this wasn't his best effort, but that play was definitely eye-opening.
Agreed….route trees made NO sense. But…who chose MP to be OC….and keeps him there?

It’s really getting time to ask hard questions of BB IMO.

Mac apparently was shouting down the sideline at Patricia to “throw the f*cking ball down the field”.

So maybe that whole “why isn’t Patricia calling the easy, short throws for Mac?” is about more than just Patricia.
Is Bill going to let that go?

Yes, let’s sign one of the best receivers in the game and draft a very good receiver (when’s the last time Bill has done that)? Then Mac will be okay in this offense. I really want to wait around for that.

Then look at Jalen HurTs or Geno Smith. I just used Tua because he and Jones are basically the same player.

I'd love to see Mac stats when he progresses beyond his first read. He is phenomenal when his first read is there (which is why they do a ton of set plays) but he's hot garbage if he's got to find his pass.

This team will likely beat Arizona. The Raiders we should beat but that's 50/50 since we tend to suck against former coaches. The Bengals game we COULD win but we should be viewed as underdogs. We will lose to Buffalo and Miami unless they are locked into their spot and rest their players.

So I'm going to say we go 2-3 over the year and get to 8-9
not sure about arizona either. they suck vs running QBs and hopkins vs our secodary wont be easy. Raiders is veyr hard game to win , they are far more talented than us.
I frankly dont see a win on the horizon after seeing today's game,

They don't have that. Aside from Meyers and Henry, no one else out there, other than Rhamondre, seems to really care.
I've seen Judon give off some energy before as well but we need a leader of this team. Who is the face of our franchise?

We just feel like a collection of players. Not a football TEAM.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. It seems as though the culture on this team has become complacent. They’re okay with losing. In the Brady era it wasn’t just him that was great. He had an effect on everyone else in the locker room. Before a game he would pick on the defense and spank them like against the lions in 2010. Opposing coaches felt intimidated to play in Gillette stadium. Well right now that effect is gone. There’s no physicality and drive to put the work in and win at all cost. Something has to change. Maybe it’s not all Bill. It’s the culture in the locker room.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back