PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post-Game Thread: Week 1 - Pats lose to Dolphins 17-16

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

It hit him in both hands. You have to catch that.
Eh. It was low and outside. Even if he caught it, he falls short of the first. Placement is everything on that throw. Had he led him with the throw, not only does he catch it, he picks up the first down easily.

Eh. It was low and outside. Even if he caught it, he falls short of the first. Placement is everything on that throw. Had he led him with the throw, not only does he catch it, he picks up the first down easily.
It was an easy first down if he catches it.
it hit him in both hands.
Had he led him? He led him too much of anything. Are you thinking of a different play or game?

It was an easy first down if he catches it.
it hit him in both hands.
Had he led him? He led him too much of anything. Are you thinking of a different play or game?
We might be. The play was third and four from the red zone. Mac made a poor throw.

Last edited:
Here were the Patriots defensive snap counts:

E_KEeP2WQAAQpYC
I expected uche's snap count to be much higher to be honest...I would have liked him inside as a bentley replacement on early downs..Anderson's snap count seems right after the preseason where he played till late in the games

I thought Meyers could have and should have caught that one....that's one he would want back. Could the ball have been a little higher, sure, but if you're an NFL receiver, you have to catch that.

It hit him in both hands. You have to catch that.

That pass, in that situation, should NEVER be thrown that low to somebody who hasn't yet crossed the line to gain... There was Zero threat of a PBU, so there was Zero reason to throw the ball that low... In fact, that ball MUST be thrown elbow high, At Least.

Right, when executing clean we”ll definitely have some 30+ outings. Question is how consistent can we become there
I mean we punted twice, once from the +37

Cleaning up is 100% of the issue

Dressing Taylor instead of Bolden would've been even better.
Or, maybe, dress Taylor rather than Harvey Langi. I was very disappointed when I saw Taylor was made inactive yesterday. The Pats could have used his speed and elusiveness against Miami’s aggressive D.

Way too much happy horsecrap after losing the season opener at home to a (supposedly) inferior divisional opponent. This is the type of loss that comes back to kill you later in the year. Wasted a great start from Mac. Still feels just as bad the next day.

We might be. The play was third and four from the red zone. Mac made a poor throw.
Yes it hit him in both hands. A professional WR has to catch that 100% of the time.

That pass, in that situation, should NEVER be thrown that low to somebody who hasn't yet crossed the line to gain... There was Zero threat of a PBU, so there was Zero reason to throw the ball that low... In fact, that ball MUST be thrown elbow high, At Least.
I’m not saying the throw was perfect, im saying it was 100% catchable and the receiver has to make that catch.

I mean we punted twice, once from the +37

Cleaning up is 100% of the issue

we clearly are able to move the ball yea. So thats good. just need that precision required when you have the methodical moderate gains offense and not much of the home run hitter. itll be cleaner for sure as the season goes on, just a matter of how often they can maintain and finish those drives mistake free.

Looking at how yesterday's two games broke down, we see, once again, the sense that a Harry for Isabella trade would have made.

I’m not saying the throw was perfect, im saying it was 100% catchable and the receiver has to make that catch.
Right. We are arguing two different things.

This is the least disappointed I’ve ever been by a Patriots regular season loss, in quite a while. Yeah, fumbles, penalties, some situational football that went badly...

...but...

1631553336701.gif

Looking at how yesterday's two games broke down, we see, once again, the sense that a Harry for Isabella trade would have made.
So they could not play for different teams?

What game did you watch?

Jones was 29 out of the 39 and I can recall 3 of those 10 incompletions Pats receivers were wide open

-Meyers was open and Jones just threw it slightly out of his reach

-Bourne wide open Jones just missed him

-Meyers wide open ane dropped it

Plus isn't the lolphins supposed to have some top secondary with Howard & Jones?
That one looked like more of a miscommunication than a misfire. Looked like he was expecting Meyers to keep going but he sat in his spot

we clearly are able to move the ball yea. So thats good. just need that precision required when you have the methodical moderate gains offense and not much of the home run hitter. itll be cleaner for sure as the season goes on, just a matter of how often they can maintain and finish those drives mistake free.
I wouldn’t dismiss the big play potential. We have 5 20+ plays (more thdd as m most teams) and had another one brought back by penalty.
Jones proven he can get the ball down the field. This offense has a lot of good things ahead of it.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back