PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post-Game Thread: Week 1 - Pats lose to Dolphins 17-16

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Good info.

Bentley is playing way too many snaps, he sucks, Judon Hightower Van Noy should lead in LB snaps. Also Mills is not the answer. The whole secondary is much worse with Mills in and Gilmore out. I wonder if it makes sense to swap Dugger and Philips' roles. Godcheaux plays situationally but even then he's not a great run stopper.

Pata offense stymied multiple times in the red zone. A pattern going back to Brady's last season. DCs playing chess while oc playing checkers.

Pats defense gave up 2 TDs on 2 red zone trips. Also failed on 3rd and short which ended the game.
Some good points, I was surprised to see the amount of snaps that Bentley received.

The secondary will be a "hold your breath" until we get Gilmore back. I thought we put good pressure on Tua yesterday when he dropped back, but we just gave up too many slants.

You post it like it was Mac's doing but red zone issues weren't on him

Mac could have easily been 4-4

Phantom hold call on a Harris TD

Meyers drop on 3rd and 4 when he was wide open for the 1st down

Harris fumble

The little things that can make a big difference. This offense has potential if they clean it up. Not like 30 ppg but has the tools to be very efficient

You post it like it was Mac's doing but red zone issues weren't on him

Mac could have easily been 4-4

Phantom hold call on a Harris TD

Meyers drop on 3rd and 4 when he was wide open for the 1st down

Harris fumble
The Meyers drop was on Mac. Probably his worst throw of the game unfortunately.

Knew it would be a close game. Both coaches know each other. Teams play 2x per year. I did not expect Mac to play as well as he did. Only a couple bad throws at the most. Unbelievable! He blew away my expectations.

Officiating was terrible. That was not a fumble by Stevenson. He was clearly down by contact and then lost the ball. If they don't call that he stays active in the game plan and Harris doesn't get he head knocked in. Harris was gassed or concussed. Directly leading to that fumble. Awful job by the officials who had to inject themselves into the game at every opportunity.

This team would just look so much better with a Hopkins or Mike Evans. Some kind of true #1 option that forces the D to less aggressive and opens space for other guys. This small ball dink and dunk approach can only take you so far offensively and we saw that today. Having a deeper option like Agholor helps, but it isn't enough. We really need him to ne that #2 outside option. This would free up Meyers more inside and suddenly everything would slot into place nicely.
THIS x1000

Some good points, I was surprised to see the amount of snaps that Bentley received.

The secondary will be a "hold your breath" until we get Gilmore back. I thought we put good pressure on Tua yesterday when he dropped back, but we just gave up too many slants.
Lol you used to love Bentley

and if Trent brown hadn't got injured we might have scored 14 more, or if we don't fumble we win the game, or if we don't giveup nearly 100yds in pens.... lots of ifs and probablies that we will never know

Facepalm.gif

Had you read the discussion, you could have avoided doing such a crap job of white knighting when no white knighting was needed.

I tend to agree with that. Harris got too many touches and also got that headshot after they ripped off his helmet. That said, this could have also been avoided by dressing Taylor over Rham which I hope is the case going forth.

Dressing Taylor instead of Bolden would've been even better.

The Meyers drop was on Mac. Probably his worst throw of the game unfortunately.
I thought Meyers could have and should have caught that one....that's one he would want back. Could the ball have been a little higher, sure, but if you're an NFL receiver, you have to catch that.

The little things that can make a big difference. This offense has potential if they clean it up. Not like 30 ppg but has the tools to be very efficient
30 may have been there.
Holding on Harris TD cost 4
Meyers drop cost 4
Harris fumble cost 7
That’s 31.
That’s in a game with 8(?) possessions.

30 may have been there.
Holding on Harris TD cost 4
Meyers drop cost 4
Harris fumble cost 7
That’s 31.
That’s in a game with 8(?) possessions.

Right, when executing clean we”ll definitely have some 30+ outings. Question is how consistent can we become there

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back