PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the nfl purposely screwed us over last night, I just think they're grossly incompetent.

Oh no the Henry overturn and the no-call holding against Dugger coupled with the no call on illegal contact against Henry and the blatant PI on Bourne in the end zone were definitely screw jobs.

I just don't know how you can call those 2 Jon Jones facemasks and not see the one that happened to Mac. Like that's screw job ****. Jones you had to have real eagle eyes as ref to see there's no excuse for how the Referee and Umpire miss it, 1 ok but both? Come on. Isn't like anything was impeding their view.

Vikings had 2 penalties called on them all night a blatant hold against Judon and a blatant false start on Jefferson. Such blatant plays that they had to call them and i'm not even sure they would have called the Judon one if he didn't pull some of the theatrics he did by flailing his arms when he was getting.

Look I get Pats have gotten their fair share of calls but when it was as one-sided I this I really can't put it on the team they were 100% up against the refs in this one and I expect it to carry over to next week. Pats had started to get momentum and then the nyfl assigns the crew that throws the most flags. Funny how this comes after they swept the jest on a play where all the Pats haters were saying the refs gave them the game.

this coaching staff has been sand bagging us all fackin' season....3 freaking points last week and then "presto!"...friggin Dan Marino junior? Mac just "suddenly got the Patricia protocol" of running the fuggin' ball up the middle on first down for 10 games and then "oh, let's throw all over the goddamned field...long. short, crosses...hey ..there's Hunter...we were saving him for these last games of the season...science!!~! like rockets!!"

If you can PLAY NFL football then PLAY IT!!!! Stop this B.S.. Newsflash you azzoles on this staff....WE PAY TO SEE THESE GAMES!!! WE PAY YOU!!! Stop the friggin' garbage...

I am a 28-year season ticket holder, I haven't been watching the games? In your eyes it's not that Mac showed what he can do with adequate protection, it's that he suddenly has morphed into doing things correctly making a bad OL look better than it is. Yeah, right.

"Look, folks, Mac Jones had an epiphany! Suddenly, he improved his mechanics, decision making and field vision!" Or perhaps he just took a Limitless pill last night.

I suspect you are the one who hasn't "been watching the games" because if you had, you'd know that what Mac exhibited vs. Minnesota he's done before in a Patriots uniform with good blocking and competent coaching. I also suspect that your apparent confusion over the difference between chickens and eggs is intentional, because your inherently foolish anti-Mac narrative has been laid bare. Just let it go and find a way to root for the guy.

If the OL holds up and the receivers get open. Mac looks good. When they don't he looks bad as does every other QB (see Brady in 2019) it's as simple as that. It's why Aaron Rodgers looks trash this year.

Problem is most of the year our OL gets destroyed in 2 seconds and our receivers are mid so they can't get open in man against solid defensive teams

Bill still building this team like he has Brady here. And even Brady the GOAT. Surprise looked better in 2020 with real receivers/ol than 2019 throwing to n'keal harry. And surprise doesn't look as good this year with his OL struggling and lesser receivers

this coaching staff has been sand bagging us all fackin' season....3 freaking points last week and then "presto!"...friggin Dan Marino junior? Mac just "suddenly got the Patricia protocol" of running the fuggin' ball up the middle on first down for 10 games and then "oh, let's throw all over the goddamned field...long. short, crosses...hey ..there's Hunter...we were saving him for these last games of the season...science!!~! like rockets!!"

If you can PLAY NFL football then PLAY IT!!!! Stop this B.S.. Newsflash you azzoles on this staff....WE PAY TO SEE THESE GAMES!!! WE PAY YOU!!! Stop the friggin' garbage...

Patricia has no idea what he is doing and has no idea how to call the flow of the game. It's like he is doing "ask Madden" and calling plays that way.

People dumped on McDaniels alot. But you can see the difference between a real OC and some bozo given the job because he's a bill yes man.

Pretty much. But I would say more the 1st two. If we don't rough the kicker we have the ball back up 7. Instead it's a tie game. Same with the kickoff return. That's a momentum changer. Took all the pressure off of the Vikings.

Justin Jefferson you just have to tip your cap to. BUT it does highlight the talent discrepancy at receiver for both teams. In any got to have it play you have Jefferson making plays.

On the other end you have Agholor slowing down and letting a ball go right through his hands...

I think I'd rather pay the top tier receiver $20-25million rather than $30million for Jonnu smith/Agholor. But value!!!!
Agahlor was held up some IIRC.

Toothpick Thornton is turning out to be another Chad Jackson.

Thought our run defense was good. Judon was Mia......defense overall was disappointing and the refs were really bad.

I knew we were in trouble when Kemp was announced as the ref… Most called penalties in the ENTIRE league… Dude’s a ****ing over-officious ****ing Jerk, and a ****ing Tool for Park Avenue… The Matt Chatham of Zebras.

Agahlor was held up some IIRC.

Toothpick Thornton is turning out to be another Chad Jackson.

Bill needs to get with the times and invest in a real receiver either via draft or free agency/trade. All the top teams got there because they have a top receiver right now. Dolphins and Eagles went out and got Tyreek and AJ brown. Now their QBs went from looking mid to top tier

All our guys would look good as a #2. But none are #1 receivers

Vikings are not one of the best teams. They are the very definition of paper tigers.

We dropped a very winnable game because of costly mistakes, bad calls and ****ty play calling.

Minnesota went into Buffalo and beat them. They whipped the Dolphins in Miami. They're not the best team in the league, but they're pretty darned good.

Bill needs to get with the times and invest in a real receiver either via draft or free agency/trade. All the top teams got there because they have a top receiver right now.

All our guys would look good as a #2. But none are #1 receivers

With no #1 receiver, Mac threw for 382 yards on the road.

Nonetheless, I agree - having a true #1 receiver would be fantastic. Now....who do you suggest they get?

I mean, we lost. Pierre f-ed up on the RIK and the O went into the tank on the last 4 drives. We didn't close. Good teams close and we are a middling one. We are dumb team and not mentally tough. Still a long way to go.

In all seriousness the NFL needs to figure this out (do they even want to?). I can understand if the ground causes the inc with it having direct contact with the ball. I get that and even somewhat agree with it. But when the receiver's hand is under the ball the ground can still force it ajar after the receiver caught it and a football move is made?

That is not the rule.

I'm more pissed off now than I was last night.
I find that I am a little apathetic about this team. I 100% agree they are not mentally tough, and they need to either get there or get players who are. They are further away on 11/25 than I would have anticipated. The sequence at the end of the half as horrible. Henry not getting out of bounds and burning a time out was inexcusable. Even bad high school teams know this. Then they ran a play with 9 seconds left that took 3 seconds, and then kicked with 6 seconds left? Mac has to be able be able to have an internal clock that allows him to throw it on a 1-2-3-throw cadence, which is either a TD or an incompletion with 2-3 seconds left. It was a nutless play call that we don't see Belichick coached teams usually do.

To paraphrase Bill: They are what they are. Now they have to beat Buffalo probably twice to get back to where they need to be. This was a big opportunity lost.

We need to fire our entire wide receiver scouting room . Have someone new come in. Need to poach guyz from falcons front office. They seem to be always hitting on them .

We don't need a Julio Jones. At this point I would want 2 edelman to compensate for lack of Gronk , Edelman , white and amendola.

We just have a 75% Edelman in Meyers now and 50% Brandon cooks in Parker.

Jonnu, agholor less said the better.

Henry is not worth the 14 million. We can get similar performance for 4-5 million Tight ends.

We should have had a fullback in retrospect .

I find that I am a little apathetic about this team. I 100% agree they are not mentally tough, and they need to either get there or get players who are. They are further away on 11/25 than I would have anticipated. The sequence at the end of the half as horrible. Henry not getting out of bounds and burning a time out was inexcusable. Even bad high school teams know this. Then they ran a play with 9 seconds left that took 3 seconds, and then kicked with 6 seconds left? Mac has to be able be able to have an internal clock that allows him to throw it on a 1-2-3-throw cadence, which is either a TD or an incompletion with 2-3 seconds left. It was a nutless play call that we don't see Belichick coached teams usually do.

To paraphrase Bill: They are what they are. Now they have to beat Buffalo probably twice to get back to where they need to be. This was a big opportunity lost.
I'm ok with the FG w/ 6 seconds left. No time outs with a crap line in front of Mac. They absolutely needed points. Vikes could have blitzed. I get the logic.

Your overall point I agree with. Either the NEP have decided to shift strategies and draft/sign mid/low football IQ players or the coaching staff has become lax in emphasizing smart, situational football as THE most important thing it should be concerned with.

BUT it does highlight the talent discrepancy at receiver for both teams.

Jefferson's longest plays- 37 yards & 36 yards* (* never should have happened defense got off the field, stupid rookie RB)

Patriots longest receiving plays
Parker- 40 yards
Stevenson- 40 yards
Henry- 37 yards
Agholor- 34 yards

receiving wasn't the problem in this one especially if the refs call it fair

for how good Jefferson is if you take away that long catch he had after the Vikings got bailed out by an idiot rookie RB Jefferson's 2nd half line would have been

3 targets
2 rec
8 yards
false start penalty
Cousins threw it at least 15-20 in the 2nd half too.

defense clamped down on him in the 2nd half.

With no #1 receiver, Mac threw for 382 yards on the road.

Nonetheless, I agree - having a true #1 receiver would be fantastic. Now....who do you suggest they get?
That's really the only reason i'm still somewhat optimistic this team can. make the playoffs this year.

For most of the game Mac looked good and made some great throws.

I am a 28-year season ticket holder, I haven't been watching the games? In your eyes it's not that Mac showed what he can do with adequate protection, it's that he suddenly has morphed into doing things correctly making a bad OL look better than it is. Yeah, right.

"Look, folks, Mac Jones had an epiphany! Suddenly, he improved his mechanics, decision making and field vision!" Or perhaps he just took a Limitless pill last night.

I suspect you are the one who hasn't "been watching the games" because if you had, you'd know that what Mac exhibited vs. Minnesota he's done before in a Patriots uniform with good blocking and competent coaching. I also suspect that your apparent confusion over the difference between chickens and eggs is intentional, because your inherently foolish anti-Mac narrative has been laid bare. Just let it go and find a way to root for the guy.
I guess you haven't been watching his mechanics then. Last night they looked light years better, he wasn't clicking his feet together on dropbacks. They also trusted him enough to put him under center for a significant number of dropbacks. They haven't really done that all year. He had the whole playbook open to him. That hasn't happened much this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes