PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What hurts me most are conservative plays in offense. 4th down is always a punt or a field goal. Even if it is 4&1 Fatty Mat does not try to get it. Ok, there is a risk but who doesn't risk , doesn't drink champagne.
I like Mac today although his presence in the pocket during blitz is painful to watch.

I saw Thorton on a milk carton at turkey dinner why draft the guy and never take a deep shot. Matt is terrible and our Redzone offense has been pathetic all year only reliable piece is Rhamondre and they didn't run enough.

Man this one hurts, Mac balled out, we had it not for the mental errors. Damn!

No

Now run along

Henry didn't bobble the ball. He controlled it thru the ground contact and lifted it off the ground afterwards. The ball was knocked loose by the defender's helmet after Henry lifted the ball off the ground. As soon as the ball was lifted it was a TD. The amount of time between the ball being lifted and then knocked loose is very short, but that amount of time makes all the difference. TD!

Barmore was missed today. There was really no pressure unless it came off the edges or an edge defender stunted inside. They weren’t able to collapse the pocket around Cousins much at all.

best Mac performance this year:

- 1st half against Baltimore
- first 3 quarters against Minnesota

What they have in common? They were both against the worst pass defense in the league at the time of the game.

He played very well today but Minnesota is not a good defense. Since people on this forum used the same argument to diminish what Zappe did. I think it’s only fair to put what Mac did in perspective.

In the end, we have an offense that can move the ball against the bottom third defense in the league and a defense that can shut down bottom third offense in the league and that’s about it.

Haven't seen the game but the reports make it sound like a rough loss. Much better numbers from Mac but the redzone issues still haunting us. The likes of Cousins, Allen, Mahomes etc always have someone they can just throw it to in the clutch, no matter the coverage. Their man (Jefferson, Diggs, Kelce etc) will come up with it. We just don't seem to have that sort of receiver. Means we can move the ball but too many times we hit that redzone wall. Frustrating.

He hit that pass to Agholor, which unfortunately Agholor didn't finish the play. He doesn't have the horses to go down the field with no timeouts. I think that's pretty obvious.
Why is nobody not talking about the agholor route and drop. That was as perfect a ball that the QB can place .

What more do you need your QB to do to tie the game.

Reg red zone woes - HH was robbed off one, Bourne was held in another which was a blatant PI. So it's 2/3 .

Mac played brilliantly yesterday and anybody in his shoes would be as frustrated as he was . He played the best game of his NFL career and came up short due to special teams miscues, defense stuttering , Trent Brown not blocking on most important play , agholor dropping the most important pass of the game and luck of draw not favoring us from referee calls.

Haven't seen the game but the reports make it sound like a rough loss. Much better numbers from Mac but the redzone issues still haunting us. The likes of Cousins, Allen, Mahomes etc always have someone they can just throw it to in the clutch, no matter the coverage. Their man (Jefferson, Diggs, Kelce etc) will come up with it. We just don't seem to have that sort of receiver. Means we can move the ball but too many times we hit that redzone wall. Frustrating.
You should watch the game. They had 2 passing TD's from just outside the redzone, had a redzone TD stolen by the refs, and Mac threw a game tying ball to Agholor that he didn't see or gave up on. And no turnovers. And no running game. I'll take what would have been 450+ passing yards with 4 TD's and no INTS anytime. It was by far Mac's best game as a Patriot; he threw the ball accurately downfield with real zip and no mistakes. If he keeps that up we have a real franchise QB.

I think he scored holding the ball a couple feet past the goal line before even falling down. The ball broke plane in his possession, play over.
I agree, but at a minimum stilll should have been a catch

best Mac performance this year:

- 1st half against Baltimore
- first 3 quarters against Minnesota

What they have in common? They were both against the worst pass defense in the league at the time of the game.

He played very well today but Minnesota is not a good defense. Since people on this forum used the same argument to diminish what Zappe did. I think it’s only fair to put what Mac did in perspective.

In the end, we have an offense that can move the ball against the bottom third defense in the league and a defense that can shut down bottom third offense in the league and that’s about it.
I like Zappe too. I have said previously that I think Mac and Zappe are both starting QBs. I think someone will give him a shot at starting in the future.

I like Zappe too. I have said previously that I think Mac and Zappe are both starting QBs. I think someone will give him a shot at starting in the future.
You may be right

He's likely a PatsFan himself then.

I kid. Sorry still pissed about last week.
Why is a Jets’ fan trolling here? You’re 0-14 against the Pats, worry about your own team’s terrible-ass QBs. Mac looks like Peyton compared to Zach.

You should watch the game. They had 2 passing TD's from just outside the redzone, had a redzone TD stolen by the refs, and Mac threw a game tying ball to Agholor that he didn't see or gave up on. And no turnovers. And no running game. I'll take what would have been 450+ passing yards with 4 TD's and no INTS anytime. It was by far Mac's best game as a Patriot; he threw the ball accurately downfield with real zip and no mistakes. If he keeps that up we have a real franchise QB.
Sounds good. To be honest, my main focus in this post-Brady (and post-Cam!) era is settling on a new franchise QB. We've had plenty of great years and I can take a quieter spell if we are building for the future. I'm definitely encouraged by Mac's last two games. However, as a team I still think we need to develop that killer instinct to ram the ball home more. We all love Nick Folk, but I'm sick of looking at the guy :) I was never convinced by the No 1 receiver talk but watching other teams flourish with a star wide-out, I think it's somewhere we need to be.

Mac doesn't appear.to.have a high football IQ. That's the problem.
Today that wasn't the problem at all... So many reasons above that why we lose this game. Special teams, defense etc.

Just watched the highlights. Absolutely sick of seeing Jefferson making grabs in traffic. The kid could catch the ball in a phone booth with players draped all over him. We need to get ourselves one of those cheatcode type players.

nothing new in NE it seems, just an endlessly frustrating team to watch, can't get their **** together for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes