PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got hosed by the refs pretty hard, but some costly special teams plays and some poor situational awareness made it more of a problem than it needed to be. If the game is close enough to lose because the team got worked over by Goodell's Good Little Zebra Bois, then the team probably didn't do enough to win.

Odd to see people dunking on Mac tonight of all nights...weird...

By "people" I think you mean football neophytes who haven't a clue what they're seeing.

they had a chance tonight and stupid penalties and terrible coaching cost they the game. they are 6-5 and realistically need to finish 4-2 to sniff the playoffs. if they miss the playoffs it's time for a new direction.

bedard saying he has no idea why they went away from the downfield passing game and went sideways pass happy....

By "people" I think you mean football neophytes who haven't a clue what they're seeing.
You mean the people with the built in football radar gun in their heads who can judge the speed of every throw? Lol

Mac played really, really well for most of the game. Great zip, throwing with good velocity, stepping into throws, on time, in rhythm, accurate. High level QB play. Then the flustered, overwhelmed Mac came out during those final few offensive plays. Just cannot take the sack he did (although the route combination and cut block was an interesting choice).
Trent Brown goes for a cut block with Mac looking to go downfield? That was a terrible play by Brown.

He hit that pass to Agholor, which unfortunately Agholor didn't finish the play. He doesn't have the horses to go down the field with no timeouts. I think that's pretty obvious.
Agreed, that was actually a beautiful pass.

Reactions: Ian
Running into the kicker to extend drive
49 yard kick off return and jon jons int , both were not capitalized . Stupid penalties..pats lost this game themselves. shouldve run away with the game really.
Even assuming the bad the RZ offense, their penalty rate is jarring.

Got hosed by the refs pretty hard, but some costly special teams plays and some poor situational awareness made it more of a problem than it needed to be. If the game is close enough to lose because the team got worked over by Goodell's Good Little Zebra Bois, then the team probably didn't do enough to win.

Mac had his best game as a Patriot and did everything he could to carry the team. That throw Agholor didn't get to was a beautiful ball. And Trent Brown's dive in that play is inexplicable: a cut block was insane in that situation.

Mac had his best game as a Patriot and did everything he could to carry the team. That throw Agholor didn't get to was a beautiful ball. And Trent Brown's dive in that play is inexplicable: a cut block was insane in that situation.
Didn’t Agholor get interfered with/ held

Now do the fourth quarter because that’s what I said

Make sure to include sacks and yards lost

You do it, you're the one who says he played like "ass." Make sure to specify which sacks were Mac's fault exclusively and not attributable to coverage or anyone on the OL getting beat.

I think the game pretty much went down to if our OL could adapt to the waves sent at us.
This has nothing to do with Mac ... there just wasn't enough time and with Meyers and Harris out ... well

But in the end we gave up one play that they did not ... the TD return It really was a step forward in a good direction ...

Can someone explain to me if the ball never hits the ground (hand underneath) what difference it makes if it moves, unless you are out of bounds? The survive the ground rule is supposed to be applied when the receiver actually loses possession or doesn’t maintain control when out of bounds. There is a legit argument on Henry’s play that he established control on his back and ball never hit the ground. First down at the 6” line.

Bradyused to be more in control of his emotions, it's been the past 3 years where he has acted pissy and like a narcissistic diva.. But Brady had the team's confidence and respect due to his resume. As a 3rd year qb with not much accomplished except getting blown out by the Bill's in first round of playoffs...MAC needs to project calmness and keeping it together to earn respect.
I think Bob O’Brian might disagree

Can someone explain to me if the ball never hits the ground (hand underneath) what difference it makes if it moves, unless you are out of bounds? The survive the ground rule is supposed to be applied when the receiver actually loses possession or doesn’t maintain control when out of bounds. There is a legit argument on Henry’s play that he established control on his back and ball never hit the ground. First down at the 6” line.

I think he scored holding the ball a couple feet past the goal line before even falling down. The ball broke plane in his possession, play over.

I think he scored holding the ball a couple feet past the goal line before even falling down. The ball broke plane in his possession, play over.
Yeah that was an awful call, but the defense and especially special teams -- the strength of the team up to now -- sh*t the bed. Defense fell apart late last year and late in 2019 as well.

Only good thing that it looks like Mac is back. Get him a decent OL and a true #1 WR and if he plays like today he'll be top 5.

This 6-5 team is no better than the team that ended 7-9? Come on now.

The roster is in a much better place with quality young players than it was the Cam Newton year. The difference between that season and this one is two solid draft classes in a row, Judon alone is probably better than anyone on that years roster.
who are the quality young players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots